Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi M Performance Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchui369 View Post
nope, BMW Canada doesn't permit a dollar in discount for this car. My SA will try to give me some freebies, but can't touch the price whatsoever.
I think this is BS, one dealer was prepared to give me 2% discount back in November if I gave a deposit the same day.
Dealers can sell the cars any price they want.
No offense discoboy but I think your SA was BS'ing you. How can he commit to a 2% discount when the car wasn't even fully launched. He just wanted that deposit and make a sale. He can't possibly honor the discount unless it was on paper and signed by the GM. He has no incentive to discount the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #46
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
No offense discoboy but I think your SA was BS'ing you. How can he commit to a 2% discount when the car wasn't even fully launched. He just wanted that deposit and make a sale. He can't possibly honor the discount unless it was on paper and signed by the GM. He has no incentive to discount the car.
Dealers has a 8-9% markup, even if they don t have incentives from BMW, he can work in that 8-9% to give you a rebate.
It would be unwise to promise something and not honor it. I had this in writing too...
      01-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #47
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1m aw (kwv3) meisterschaf

Quote:
Dealers has a 8-9% markup, even if they don t have incentives from BMW, he can work in that 8-9% to give you a rebate.
It would be unwise to promise something and not honor it. I had this in writing too...
at bmw Hamel or bmw laval? I'm gonna wait till I have the mrsp befor I ask for a discount!! but now I'm to exited! I can't sleep,,
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #48
cchui369
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with yves. Let's wait and see if there will be a true discount when msrp comes out. Right now it's like talking about the weather...there's nothing we can do.

Let's just keep each other posted on final pricing to make sure none of us gets ripped.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #49
GeniuneSorny
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M on order

Why should it matter what the final MSRP is? The dealer's profit is the difference between invoice and retail, and that's the area you negotiate in. There's no reason you can't get a deal now for for some amount below retail or some amount above invoice, whatever those numbers turn out to be later.

On the other hand, if the dealer thinks demand for the car will outstrip supply, they're not going to be very willing to work a deal with you now, and knowing the MSRP isn't going to change that. With those dealers, the first opportunity you'll have to get a good deal will be when they see they can't sell their entire allocation or they have some sitting unsold on their lot. I'd suggest shopping around if your dealer is one of those, because not all are.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #50
momo style
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quebec Guys, Ill keep you posted also on my MRSP

When should we get the final price?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #51
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniuneSorny View Post
Why should it matter what the final MSRP is? The dealer's profit is the difference between invoice and retail, and that's the area you negotiate in. There's no reason you can't get a deal now for for some amount below retail or some amount above invoice, whatever those numbers turn out to be later.

On the other hand, if the dealer thinks demand for the car will outstrip supply, they're not going to be very willing to work a deal with you now, and knowing the MSRP isn't going to change that. With those dealers, the first opportunity you'll have to get a good deal will be when they see they can't sell their entire allocation or they have some sitting unsold on their lot. I'd suggest shopping around if your dealer is one of those, because not all are.
Your right, but if you have a good relation with your sales rep, whatever the buzz on that car, he should give us a little someting 1 or 2% just to shut me up.. unfortinatly, they know how much I want the car.. and I want it fast.. If you are willing to wait till they have 1 in stock (unsold) 50 50 chance you will get a deal!! but not for me!! I want my car in april. thats alway been my problem.. I'm a car guy that loves special and small production models.. I have to start loving cadilacs..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #52
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo style View Post
Quebec Guys, Ill keep you posted also on my MRSP

When should we get the final price?
I think they will anounce the mrsp at toronto car show in 2 weeks!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #53
BimmerMat135
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

When I ordered a 135i last year they were able to give me a 2000$ rebate for cash purchase and bring it 5% below the msrp due to the fact that there is a 7% benifit margin on the 135i so if everybody start to think that yes we can negociate probably they will have no choise to lower their price that all up to you guys especially if you go for cash purchase 5% below msrp is not impossible
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #54
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

I would be happy with a 3.5% discount or roughly 2000$...
      01-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #55
cchui369
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

I'm still hopeful to get some discount, don't get me wrong. But not getting that 1-2% discount isn't a deal breaker, and I'm pretty sure BMW and the dealer know that.

Ask yourself this guys, will you truly give up the car for $1500-$2000 difference? I know I won't. For me at least, there's nothing else out there that I would consider as a comparison. It's a pure emotional purchase. There's no cross shopping.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #56
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm still hopeful to get some discount, don't get me wrong. But not getting that 1-2% discount isn't a deal breaker, and I'm pretty sure BMW and the dealer know that.

Ask yourself this guys, will you truly give up the car for $1500-$2000 difference? I know I won't. For me at least, there's nothing else out there that I would consider as a comparison. It's a pure emotional purchase. There's no cross shopping.
T'a raison!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #57
cchui369
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVES1M View Post
T'a raison!!
Si je reçois pas d'escompte, c'est certain que je vais demander quelque chose de gratuit comme des accessoires.

J'ai déjà une montre ///M. Un manteau et une casquette ///M me dérangeraient pas...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #58
turbomzi
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M

It's gotta have at least 2% off MSRP and of course the ED (another 7%) that 7% doesn't come from the dealer (correct me if I am wrong) so hopefully BMW will do the ED pricing on 1M.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #59
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Si je reçois pas d'escompte, c'est certain que je vais demander quelque chose de gratuit comme des accessoires.

J'ai déjà une montre ///M. Un manteau et une casquette ///M me dérangeraient pas...
Moi j'prendrais bien un b-job de la receptionniste!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #60
BlackFlash
poseur (for now)
Canada
Rep
Drives: a piece-o-crap

Quote:
This was an emotional purchase for me, but I've fought the emotions off. I raced down to see it in Detroit and, as much as I love it, I know there are a few cars available now that I would love. I refuse to give up my right to walk away by setting my heart on one car.

At the end of the day, it's going to come down to how much BMW Canada tries to gouge me versus the price of the car south of the border. I have a fair percentage above the US price in my head and if the dealer won't go lower than that, no 1M for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #61
YVES1M
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFlash View Post
This was an emotional purchase for me, but I've fought the emotions off. I raced down to see it in Detroit and, as much as I love it, I know there are a few cars available now that I would love. I refuse to give up my right to walk away by setting my heart on one car.

At the end of the day, it's going to come down to how much BMW Canada tries to gouge me versus the price of the car south of the border. I have a fair percentage above the US price in my head and if the dealer won't go lower than that, no 1M for me.
the only reason I<M not gonna buy the car is that the price is to close from the M3, that car is ammmmmazzzing but not more than the M3.. but I think it<s gonnabe arount 53 54 k plus option ! thats ok for me~!!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #62
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFlash View Post

same
Appreciate 0