Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Garage List
1012 F150  [0.00]
1971 Chevrolet Nova  [0.00]
2011 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
ok, thnx...

How do you end up cross-shopping a BMW 1M and a Porsche Cayman R. What is your criteria? Perhaps then, you'll understand yourself more. Instead of fretting/perpetrating a rumor based on "hear say".
The Cayman S was my first choice too until I looked close at the 1M. I believe I'll be able to get one, but if not, it is back to the Cayman for most of the same reasons as the OP.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #24
Mowse
Private
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise SC

Premium car?

My personal measure of a "premium" car is not bells n whistles but performance and build quality. Find me any Camry that performs anywhere as good a even a 128i.

Try the "door test". Sit in the drivers's seat and shut the door. A Toyota or any Japanese car sub Lexus/Infinity will go "klank" (or any American car it pains meto say). A "premium" car (BMW) will go "whoomp" and feel like you just closed a vault.

Hey I own a Toyota FJ Cruiser and love it. I got what I paid for and that's what I expect. That's why I'm dropping $47k for the 1M and not $37k for a 370Z.

Different strokes and all good.
Appreciate 0