BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

BMW CCA - Would you buy OEM LSD or M-powered hatchback?

Received the following email from BMW CCA:
--------------------------------
Don't Slip AND Power UP!

Would you buy an OEM limited slip differential?

How about an M-Powered hatchback?

After last weekend's Chapter Congress, there was a major voice among our BMW faithful for both of these tantalizing options. So tell us, would you visit your dealer to snatch one (or BOTH) of these?

http://www.bmwcca.org/node/3902
--------------------------------

You have to login to vote, but here are the details on the two options:

At Saturday’s BMW CCA Chapter Congress in Dallas, we heard some members ask for the return of a mechanical limited-slip differential on BMW’s non-M (and non-xDrive) cars. If BMW’s M Performance Accessories group offered a mechanical LSD unit between $2,000-$2,500 (plus optional installation) for the new F30 3 Series rear-drive, would you be interested? Assume normal M Performance Accessories warranty coverage would apply (i.e.- balance of New Vehicle Limited Warranty when dealer installed or 2-years unlimited miles coverage for over-the-counter purchases).

With the recent announcement to unveil the M135i—an M-tuned, "three-door" (two-door hatchback) featuring the N55 turbocharged three-liter six (now rated at "more than 300 horsepower")—at the Geneva International Motor Show, and the level of interest CONSTANTLY proclaimed by our online community, we want to put some REAL numbers behind the interest in an M-Powered hatchback. So tell us—would you buy one?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

FWIW, the North American specific E36 M3 was only brought to the US after a significant letter writing effort by the BMW CCA. It was detuned obviously, because no one thought the US market would buy a $60K 3-series (in 1992 dollars).
Appreciate 0