BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06

GIAC offers multiple stages to raise your N54 power to new levels!

GIAC is now offering multiple stages for the N54 motors, designed to meet the desired power levels of each individual car!

Stage 1(+67 HP and 97 LB. FT on 100 Octane)

GIAC's Stage 1 software is designed to make safe and optimal power gains without the need for additional modifications. Nonetheless, stage 1 software is compatible with hardware upgrades such as a FMIC, dual cone intake or cat back exhaust. On GIAC's in-house Mustang dyno, peak gains have been measured at 67 horsepower and 97 ft. lb. of torque on 100 octane fuel, and 53 horsepower and 68 ft. lb. of torque on 91 octane! Further, GIAC can deliver these results with factory-like drivability.

Stage 2 (+108 HP and 128 LB. FT. on 91 Octane)

GIAC's Stage 2 software is designed for cars with upgraded downpipes (high flow cat or catless) and an upgraded FMIC. While other supporting hardware such as an intake or turbo back exhaust is optional, it is strongly recommended for maximum power gains. On 91 octane fuel with an upgraded FMIC, dual cone intake and catted turbo back exhaust, GIAC has measured peak gains of 108 horsepower and 128 ft. lb. of torque!

]

Stage 2 Race (+125 HP and 146 FT. LB. on 91 Octane)

GIAC's Stage 2 Race software is designed for cars with full supporting modifications such as intake, turboback exhaust and upgraded FMIC, as well as water methanol injection. Perhaps most important with this stage is that it allows the ECU to maintain active fail safes. In the event of a knock or lack of sufficient water/methanol flow, GIAC's software enables the ECU to quickly take corrective measures so as to ensure that no damage occurs to your engine. Further, GIAC software is compatible with any water methanol system. (For example, the Berk Technology 135i currently runs GIAC software with AEM water methanol injection, while the Evolution Racewerks 135i runs the same software with a Snow Performance Stage 2 kit) With this software level, GIAC's in-house Mustang dyno has measured peak gains of 125 horsepower and 146 lb. ft. of torque on 91 octane!

For those who like to see big numbers, here is a dyno plot of GIAC's Stage 2 Race software on a Dynojet dynometer. With a peak output of 432 horsepower and 453 lb. ft. of torque (at the wheels, of course), you be be certain that GIAC software will make your N54 BMW one of the most powerful around!

GIAC software currently powers the Berk Technology 135i, which competes in Redline Time Attack, Global Time Attack, NASA and SCCA. Running a GIAC Stage 2 map with AEM water methanol injection, Berk has one of the most powerful cars in the class. With multiple first place finishes in 2012, as well as a class world record at Buttonwillow Raceway, GIAC looks for continued success with Berk Technology.

Feel free to contact me with any and all of your BMW tuning needs. I am in and out of the office so please be patient with my response time, but I will answer all questions as soon as possible.

NOTE: GIAC uses an optimal fan setup for dyno testing, utilizing six 70 mph scroll fans at the front of the car. Customers testing GIAC software in less than optimal conditions will see lower numbers due to the fact that we retain intake air temperature safeties in the DME.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thumbs up

Looks impressive!
I will very likely make the switch to your tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Man, GIAC is really stepping up their game! If I didn't already have a JB4 I'd be figuring out how to get the stage 2 right now. Maybe in the near future

What's the pricing like?

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Man, GIAC is really stepping up their game! If I didn't already have a JB4 I'd be figuring out how to get the stage 2 right now. Maybe in the near future

What's the pricing like?
The MSRP is currently $800 for Stage 1 and $1000 for Stage 2. If you ever want to talk about options, I have dealt with multiple JB4 customers. Feel free to shoot me an email!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Feel free to PM or email me to discuss tuning options for your specific application!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

quick question regarding the map switcher. Is it an instant on the fly thing? Like press a button and poof! the map switches?

Or is there some buffering time before the new map kicks in?

Also those are some impressive numbers. Wish I had the cash for supporting mods, but when I have it you guys will certainly get my money

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
quick question regarding the map switcher. Is it an instant on the fly thing? Like press a button and poof! the map switches?

Also those are some impressive numbers. Wish I had the cash for supporting mods, but when I have it you guys will certainly get my money
Yes, the map switcher is instant. It is as simple as plugging into your OBDII port and pressing the button for the corresponding map. While we recommending switching maps with the key in the on position (ignition off), you can also switch with the ignition on.

As far as supporting modifications, many customers start out with the Stage 1 and then upgrade to the Stage 2 once they have the necessary modifications. To go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 is $200 USD, so it makes a lot of sense to follow this upgrade path. If you want to discuss options for your specific application, or have any other questions, feel free to shoot me an email!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #8
Retrospect
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post

Mr.5's video :-)

05-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #9
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post
Is there anything Mr. 5 hasnt done?

The man is a saint!

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thumbs up

Just got my GIAC Stage 2 installed!
Looking forward to putting more miles on it and the next autocross coming up this Saturday!

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #11
OneFastN55
:single turbo ftw:
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospect View Post

Switching is so awesome.. cant wait for their tune...
Appreciate 0