BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z trading for 2012 135i

JB4 installed CEL, possible other issues. Lot of pics

I finally got all the connectors removed and installed the JB4. I know it's the correct harness as I already purchased the incorrect version B and found out the hard way that I needed A. It's a 2012 n55 135i Unless there is another harness that matches up to all the connectors, this must be the correct one. Everything fits, but now I'm having functionality issues. I got a cel that won't go away. I did finally just break the top clips on the 2 long connectors from the JB4 that connect to the MAF and TMAP. I couldn't figure it out and I had finally had it. I zip tied them shut. I checked the connectors and everything seems legit, but obviously I'm doing something wrong.

I reconfigured the gauges so they are in sync now. I can only us map 0 in stock mode. All other maps are limp mode. I messed with the controls and command settings which caused all types of havoc. I got a bunch of different symbols like traction control symbol in the center where the CEL comes up and made everything worse. The car is hard to start and pops out a big backfire when it does. I think I reset everything and got it back to the way I had it initially. I swear I can't win with this type of thing.

I still can't figure out how to use the computer interface. When I plug the JB4 in to my computer, nothing comes up and there is no software to download. The computer makes a noise to verify something was plugged in, but that's it. I thought this would be so much easier.
Attached Images

Last edited by 370z-135i; 01-09-2016 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0