BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
ucbsupafly
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Where do you set your camber plates for alignment?

For those that have adjustable camber plates (i.e. Vorshlag), where did you set your camber plates at before getting an alignment?

I recently installed KW V2s and Vorshlag camber plates. The car is lowered by half an inch (13" ride height all around). I had the marker on the camber plates set at minimum negative/max positive camber marker (i.e. with the top of the strut closest to the fender) and brought the car in for alignment. I told the tech to try to get as close to -1.8 as possible. It turns out that by setting the camber to -1.8, the tech moved the marker back to the middle of the camber plates. I am wondering if this is the standard practice.

I wanted the camber plates to be at the minimum setting so I can adjust it to full max camber at the track/autocross.

Last edited by ucbsupafly; 03-15-2011 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0