BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #1
Allen@MOTIV
Rep
Drives: 135i

New N54 trap speed record

Terry from BMS hit the track yesterday to test out his Motiv750 kit. Even running low boost and with soft launches he managed to set a new trap record of +136mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry@BMS View Post
I was able to attend a track day at Famoso raceway today. The scheduled start time was 9am but that got pushed back due to a rain delay. It was around noon before we got to do any runs.

I decided to race our 135i with the new MOTIV 750 kit today and just go for traps. To that end I ran on the normal 245/45/17 555Rs and just launched the car in 2nd gear with boost capped at 12-15psi.

Logs on the dyno looked great fueling wise but as soon as I started doing runs at 26psi at the track, a problem became apparent. The low pressure pump was not keeping up. So I wasn't able to do any high boost runs as I had originally planned. As the day went on fuel pressure got worse and worse.

Still, managed a respectable 136.4mph trap speed. I've attached the log of the run so you can see how bad the fuel situation was. It actually did a map4 switched right at the cones so I may have gone a bit faster had the pressure hung on a bit longer. After this run, I decided to pack it up and head home. Only to my surprise, after parking the car, it wouldn't start. An hour of diagnostics later I figured out both my inline 255 & my fuel pump controller had shorted out. Luckily I was able to hotwire the primary pump with some spare wire to get the car home under its own power. I've got a Fuel-It Stage3 bucket in the garage that will go in and I'll have to probably order another controller.

Anyway next time, whenever that is, I should be able to run enough boost to hit 140mph. I figure it will take 32psi. Then I'll strap on the Hoosier slicks and start working on the launches.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1