BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #89
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Wait for the trend
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #90
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I breed spider monkey's, a few friends and I got in early and established a solid corner in the market.
That's what I call a unique proposition!

Although, those spider monkey keep growing back after neglect. A more sensitive creature will be far more lucrative.
      03-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #91
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
It's all to do with the ECB and European banks who face huge margin calls on loans from the ECB and the Greek coupon payment they look like defaulting on. 4 Greek pension funds refused to sign up for the haircut.

Interesting fact. Self employed people in Greece have their own Govt pension fund.
This bail out package has been nothing but a joke. The whole union was setup to fail to begin with.

They either need to lead Greece to a 'soft default' or unionize fiscal policy. You ultimately cannot have monetary union without political union.

Interesting fact: Athens' multi-billion dollar subway system, uses unmanned/unpoliced 'honesty' ticket boxes.
      03-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #92
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
This bail out package has been nothing but a joke. The whole union was setup to fail to begin with.

They either need to lead Greece to a 'soft default' or unionize fiscal policy. You ultimately cannot have monetary union without political union.

Interesting fact: Athens' multi-billion dollar subway system, uses unmanned/unpoliced 'honesty' ticket boxes.
It's okay - we need europe to blow up, so I can enter the market. .
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #93
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post

its been quite a boon for Germany.

subway system sounds like the tax collection system. I do recall getting a chuckle when they put up taxes, so the tax collectors went on strike
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #94
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
plenty of opportunities in the market (any market) atm
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #95
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
You'd be topping yourself if that happened, a structured default to Greece is okay and probably factored in anyway. It's GPD is only the size of Florida.

There are big problems if it hits Italy, Spain or the UK Banks.

Some friendly reading.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #96
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You'd be topping yourself if that happened, a structured default to Greece is okay and probably factored in anyway. It's GPD is only the size of Florida.

There are big problems if it hits Italy, Spain or the UK Banks.

Some friendly reading.
imho there is no such thing as an orderly default, without major flow on effects that will be felt around the globe for many years. this has to be put to bed or the only folk who are gonna win are laywers and traders.

I think you will find the banks as such are ok (there is going to be the odd exception but all in all the banks are ok) it is the private bond holders and the cds folk (and god knows where the extent of the cds are) that could and possibly will spark a cataclysm.

That being said I dont think any of that will happen and by tomorrow all will be ok......well in a european way
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #97
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Did you read the link I posted about banks rehypothecation of client assets? These are held off balance sheet.

Prior to Lehman Brothers collapse, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) calculated that U.S. banks were receiving $4 trillion worth of funding by re-hypothecation, much of it from the UK.

All of the liquidity being pumped into the markets by the ECB is to keep European banks afloat.
Appreciate 0