BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
web555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 120d

Bluetooth Problem

Audio system displaying "connected *****" as soon as ignition switched on and phone paired. Altho' no phone call taking place. Buttons on steering wheel unable to clear message or appear to work at all.

Above 'connected' msg disappears when BT at phone disabled, however as soon as it's enabled again the 'connected' msg reappears. Have also disabled BT at car and then enabled, no diff.

BT is via audio (not idrive) and phone is Blackberry 9900 - have been working without incident for a few months until today's shift into idiot farken mode.

Please help!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Have you tried deleting the connection from your Bluetooth memory?

I'm not sure how to do it on iDrive, but on non iDrive systems just go to phone menu, select "list" and then scroll to device and delete.

May or may not help, but I've had a couple of times where the connection doesn't recognise and I've deleted and re paired and it all works
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
web555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Have you tried deleting the connection from your Bluetooth memory?

I'm not sure how to do it on iDrive, but on non iDrive systems just go to phone menu, select "list" and then scroll to device and delete.

May or may not help, but I've had a couple of times where the connection doesn't recognise and I've deleted and re paired and it all works
Thanks for the feedback.

Took easiest step first. Hard reset of BB (battery pull) - bingo.

Dodgy BB software once again the culprit.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

not sure about that, i'd say once a month the iphone just gets stuck with the bluetooth connection. but if i initiate a call from the phone it asks if I want to use bmwxxxx and if I say yes then all ok otherwise the old off and on and all is fine
Appreciate 0