BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #23
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Because I have pretty much ever only owned Euro cars (with one Japanese car), I don't understand the big deal of left hand stalk. Can someone explain to me why a right hand stalk is better for RHD cars? Sorry if I am just a bit slow on this one lol.
I can only speak for myself WAY, but I think minijet has nailed it, ie: you are able to indicate whilst driving simultaneously by using your right hand, while your left is busy changing gears (or performing some other task lol), not necessary in an auto, but still much more convenient :smile:

Also, if like myself you own multiple cars, of different origins, as I've mentioned it takes a little while to keep adjusting yourself and you end up doing silly things like activating wipers, instead of indicators...and vice versa.

The point that really pisses me though is again as I've mentioned, if other 'lesser' brands like Opel do it, why can't BMW do it :iono:

It would be nice to get a fully finished end product, especially driver operating tools in an expensive car.

I do undersatnd though, that if you've only had cars with the indicator stalk on the left, the whole thing wouldn't phase or concern you :smile:
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #24
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

Also, if like myself you own multiple cars, of different origins, as I've mentioned it takes a little while to keep adjusting yourself and you end up doing silly things like activating wipers, instead of indicators...and vice versa..
So true Wraith..After driving my little japanese car all week and jumping into the beemer, I look like a total first time driver when I set my wipers on while trying to indicate in the 1er..

Nothing worse than the wipers scraping across a dry screen..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 12:51 AM   #25
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

LOL that's so true, it makes me feel like a real idiot too and I think "oh no the scrapping/scratching" aaarrrghhh

Gee us car buffs do think and do so much alike lol :smile:

Oh BTW zuzu, I've recieved a PDF copy of that E88 vert workshop manual I mentioned in another thread about a couple of weeks ago - you may recall ??

I can't attach it onto a PM, but if you PM me an email address, I'll be able to send you a copy that way :smile:
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 01:00 AM   #26
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Thanks Wraith...thats fantastic,..really appreciated the effort.:thumbup:

PM sent...:smile:
Appreciate 0