BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Exclamation car inconsistent? or just heat soak

FL life is hot, very hot. Just got my tune within the least month and love the gains, no questions. the torque, the increased throttle sensitivity etc. but i feel like the car is either super quick or just feels sluggish and not so urgent?

whats the deal?! am i used to it? or is this just normal heat soak, or is there something else that could be wrong? maybe a combo?

no codes or warning lights are on, and the temp reads just below 250 before a couple pulls in this weather. but i just cant stand the inconsistency, why is it there, and what can i do to fix it, obviously there are FMIC and meth but i dont more of a hassle when going to the dealer, hence the JB+ being very easy to uninstall,reinstall ... anyway just wondering if anyone else feels the same way about their car(s) in this weather.
thanks!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
SlicktopTTZ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 91 300ZX Twin-Turbo, 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
FL life is hot, very hot. Just got my tune within the least month and love the gains, no questions. the torque, the increased throttle sensitivity etc. but i feel like the car is either super quick or just feels sluggish and not so urgent?

whats the deal?! am i used to it? or is this just normal heat soak, or is there something else that could be wrong? maybe a combo?

no codes or warning lights are on, and the temp reads just below 250 before a couple pulls in this weather. but i just cant stand the inconsistency, why is it there, and what can i do to fix it, obviously there are FMIC and meth but i dont more of a hassle when going to the dealer, hence the JB+ being very easy to uninstall,reinstall ... anyway just wondering if anyone else feels the same way about their car(s) in this weather.
thanks!
Heatsoak, largely noticeable to me today at 92*F, and I'm stock.

A big intercooler will help a lot, and meth if you feel like setting it up.

Check out Horse Power Freak, CP-E, Evolution Racewerks, or AMS performance for some well made, cast end tank intercoolers.
Appreciate 0