BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #23
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i coupe

hmm, Takahashi, do you mean every time you start the car it needs to load the usb data, so it takes several minutes before you can use the data on the USB?

Might be worth trying to pick up an ipod in that case, don't really want to have to wait every time i turn the car on.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #24
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

I brought one of those iPod thing from eBay. Not genuine of course. But I only have a iPod 4th gen 20Gb version. It plays songs and charges it but does not control the iPod via steering wheel?

I have basic non-iDrive model.
      06-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #25
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by janus77 View Post
hmm, Takahashi, do you mean every time you start the car it needs to load the usb data, so it takes several minutes before you can use the data on the USB?

Might be worth trying to pick up an ipod in that case, don't really want to have to wait every time i turn the car on.
It does take 2 minutes or so before you can choose song. But if you go through the folder it boot pretty much instantly. The car takes time to load all the artist name and genre and all that.
      06-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #26
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
I'm with you on the "useless at work at the moment", Janus. I'm exactly the same. I'm due to pick my 135 up from Chatswood on Thursday or Friday.

At least I've had the distraction of driving their 335 'vert until I pick up. Without that, I think I'd just stay at home and sulk.

Happy days
Off topic, but let me know what tyres you get. Your car was on the same boat so I would assume yours would be on the same built week.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #27
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Congrats janus77 and welcome to the forum! I am not sure why they make that change, but I am happier with the single unit than the folding one. It's one less mechanical part to go wrong.

The screen on the Prof Nav is a gem, and the new iDrive is so intuitive - just like an ipod. The only two gribes I have is that it takes forever for me to take my iphone out of the case, connect the phone, and put it in the iphone pocket underneath. The other thing is it doesn't charge up the iphone - it does the ipod however.

I have test drove many Audis, and they don't just drive the same - the feed back is not as good. It is interesting your previous perception that BMW is underpowered and overpriced - I always feel you get more in the BMW; my old 318i supposed to be underpowered, well at least interms of the maximum power, but with the meet with the other Brisbane guys, it actually kept up quite well with their cars - it's how the engine use the power that makes the difference. In terms of stability and balance, the BMW beat the Audi hands down.

Anyway, you are the converted . So, I should stop babbling on.

Enjoy your car, and if you are interesting in a state of origin meet at Coffs Harbour, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #28
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks mate, yeah the power delivery was by far the smoothest and most consistent i've experienced.

on the sat nav, i reckon the professional nav must be a fair bit better than the business nav (which is what i've got). Still the main thing I like is the voice activation stuff, pretty cool
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #29
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

2 more sleeps.. aggh, completely useless at work. Still living on a high from the test drives, in the wet the first day was stupidly fun, 3l 6 in a rwd car and manual, too good.. then the 2nd day it was dry, i hooked it into a corner expecting the tail to slide out and it just gripped! there might have been a bit of the stability program (VDT or whatever it's called) working since the sales person said it was flashing, but it felt natural and i hardly noticed.

I tested the 135 coupe too, and the stability program kicking in was MUCH more agressive, totally killing the engine when the wheels lost traction, was not sure i liked the 135 handling as much since the power was so overwhealming, however it was an auto too, so that's a downside for me and i don't think you get as much feel.

Now the question is, do a do a Gong drive or a Blue Mountains drive on Sunday morning??
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #30
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Surprisingly the voice control works very well... even with an accent. It can even understand names from your contacts!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #31
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Surprisingly the voice control works very well... even with an accent. It can even understand names from your contacts!!
What phone do you have?

The car cannot get only get the phone book of my Nokia on screen but it can't recognise "dail names" unless I save this in the car itself.

Does the lady in the system having a British accent or American accent? ... When she says "cancel" I thought she is British.
      06-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #32
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

I have an iphone. The lady have a British accent, she was a 60 something yo, and there was a story about her a few years ago.

When I meant accent, I meant it understand my accent, which is Australian/Chinese.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #33
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
Off topic, but let me know what tyres you get. Your car was on the same boat so I would assume yours would be on the same built week.
Mine was Build Week 17, it was on the "Tarago", which (according to the WW website) left BrisVegus on June 6, and left Pt Kembla on June 10.

I still can't come to grips with it taking 17 days from arrival to delivery. I'm paranoid that something could have happened to the car in transit (dint or scratch) and they're fixing it up without telling me.

Please - someone put my mind to rest and tell me 17 days is not altogether unusual.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #34
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Mine landed in Brisbane on the 6/6/09 and didn't get to me till last weekend.

The 125i landed on 1/6/09 and I got it on the same day. The 125i is perfect, and have the bridgestones!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #35
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Quote:
Mine landed in Brisbane on the 6/6/09 and didn't get to me till last weekend.

The 125i landed on 1/6/09 and I got it on the same day. The 125i is perfect, and have the bridgestones!
Thanks for that. It seems the timing isn't all that unusual.

I'll let you know what tyres it comes with.
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #36
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

25hrs to go, each hour is 50% longer than the last.. it's dragging out.

At least I'll have the car for the weekend, though driving home in Friday night traffic will no doubt suck.