BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Lemans

3.5 TMAP SENSOR - N55 with VTT Stage 2 Turbo + Meth.

Whats up guys.

When I installed my vtt stage 2 turbo, tony and terry recomended me to get the 3.5 tmap sensor, so that it could read more then the 21 psi the stock sensor can read. After installing this, Iv had several issues. First was that the FF did not adjust by itself, but this was my mistake, because for some reason FUD was on 99, which blocks the FF learning when set in this value. it must be ZERO.

The other issue was my PSI reading. I use the jb4 hicjack gauge on the gas gauge to show the pressure, but I also have an analog gauge inside my car, which is connected to the throttle body with a hose, so it is VERY "analogue".
Both gauges were showing boost of 15 psi tops. When I asked terry this, he said that the gas gauge hijack now changed from 0-36 psi, when before it was 0-21 (or 20) so the scale changed. This made sense, but still my analogue watch does not show the 20 that it should show. This is an issue I still dont find a solution, but i didnt give it too much thought as it did not affect me really.

But this brings me to my third issue. JB4 is giving VERY strange readings. when i double tap the BOOST display on the jb4 app, i am showing max boosts of 28 or 26! Then when I do WOTS, it climbs to 26 psi, but it definitly does NOT feel like 26 psi! I didnt notice this until a friend with a similar set up but no turbo upgrade told me that his car is charging 18 psi, and that it feel a lot stronger. I rode his car and he was right... his 17-18 psi felt A LOT stronger then my "26-28" psi that jb4 was reading.

And believe it or not, this brings me to my final issue. Last night testing the car with this guy, my car would enter fail safe mode EVERY time. I asked terry this and after seeing a log, he told me to raise it to 22.6 psi as failsafe. The problem kept happening obviously, since jb4 thinks im charging arond 26 psi.

I dont know if this is a reading problem with the sensor, as i dont FULLY understand how this sensor works. I have done a lot of reading, but being that english is not my first language, and that i am not an expert as most of you guys, i still dont have it clear. there is another user (i hope he reads this and chimes in) that had the same issues, and he ended up taking the sensor off. I am begining to see this as an option, but dont know if this is a good idea with my set up. Also, i dont understand if this sensor will help me squeeze more power from the turbo then the original sensor? I know its only inteded for the car to READ more, but does this READING MORE translate into an increase in power at all?

I hope you guys can help me, as I think I am not the first with the issue, and wont be the last. every day more guys are upgrading their turbo on their n55, and the tmap sensor is one of those things that you "should" get.

Below is the link for datazip, hope you guys can help. as always, thank you eternally!

http://datazap.me/u/jbarzelatto/issu...map-sensor-bms

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
iuhutch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 F80 ZCP

Your timing is very low, what fuel are you running and is meth flowing in this log?

You're meeting boost targets so I don't presume a boost leak but your DME bt is low, do you have the BMS backend flash?

What gears is this in? Seems very low but hard to see specifically in that log?

Have you tried putting the oe tmap back in?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
If you say your car feels slow at 26 psi compared to your friends car at 18 psi with stock turbo I would recommend you put the normal tmap sensor back in and get your car properly running at 18 or 20 psi. And then compare with your friends car again. Your turbo upgraded car should feel much faster at same boost.

Also testing showed there is not much performance gain from running this stage2 turbo above 21 psi boost. With the intake restriction removed, Tony ran this turbo at 26 psi till redline and he was still capped at 475 whp.

So I would tune your car to run either 20 or 21 psi with the stock sensor. Once that is properly working you could test more boost if you want to.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #4
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I think that I going to do just that, remove the sensor. It is making my car all confused and not getting the results I hoped. Here are some more logs

i am runing 97 pump gas which translated to 93 for you guys. yes, there is methanol and should be runing ok, and yes i do have a bms back end flash to. this was just updated by terry, and below are the results for now, but we are still testing.

http://datazap.me/u/jbarzelatto/3rd-...d-vargas-turbo
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
jbarzelatto
Second Lieutenant
Rep

log pix

in my datazip, please make sure you see all the logs as i usually attach 3 of them.

Name:  datazap-chart (4).png
Views: 1535
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  datazap-chart (3).png
Views: 1515
Size:  104.5 KB
Appreciate 0