BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Markham Shop Review

Hey all, Just wanted to give a big props to Leslie at Paradigm Performance Auto in Markham. First of all the shop is top notch, clean and bright. Comfortable waiting room for the customer with cable and internet.

He fixed a couple oil leaks, Oil filter housing gasket and valve cover gasket. I also did an intake cleaning (Walnut blasting with the actual dealership equipment).

I can't stress how great my experience was here. If you need to change your tires over for the winter season or any other work done to the car please don't hesitate to contact him for all your mechanical needs.

Located at 3 Laidlaw Blvd Unit 2 Markham.

647 922 5545
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
Emsan
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the intake cleaning and oil filter housing gasket?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsan
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the intake cleaning and oil filter housing gasket?
Oil filter housing gasket is 400 and intake cleaning is 250.

The OFHG included an oil change and coolant flush to get rid of the contamination. They mix inside the ofh and need to be changed also.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 01:23 AM   #4
deesea
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I've had a lot of work done (and soon to be more work done) at Leslie's shop. They are some stand up dudes.

Case in point, other night I was there and a customer came in with a blower motor issue inside their car. The tech had to remove his taped dashcam wire to get at the blower motor and when they got it working, he was nice enough to tuck and hide away the dashcam wire. That's the detail other shops wouldn't even bother doing. But these guys took that extra time to do the extra work and make sure it's all good.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #5
Emsan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapur View Post

The OFHG included an oil change and coolant flush to get rid of the contamination. They mix inside the ofh and need to be changed also.
That's very reasonable indeed especially for the OFHG - good to know in case mine ever gets that leak and my car pops up a low oil pressure light. Hopefully never happens but very good to know it's affordable.

If I feel doing the intake cleaning is too much of a PITA may need to head to their shop to get it done.

Thanks reapur for the info!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
chiewy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 135i

+1 for Leslie at Paradigm, got a lot of work done there
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #7
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsan
Quote:

That's very reasonable indeed especially for the OFHG - good to know in case mine ever gets that leak and my car pops up a low oil pressure light. Hopefully never happens but very good to know it's affordable.

If I feel doing the intake cleaning is too much of a PITA may need to head to their shop to get it done.

Thanks reapur for the info!
FYI car won't pop up with oil pressure light with OFHG leak lol
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #8
Emsan
Rep

Quote:
FYI car won't pop up with oil pressure light with OFHG leak lol
I've read that it can pop the light if there is a leak there, but most likely it's a bad oil pressure switch if the light goes on. Anyway, I'm good either way.
Appreciate 0