BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Lightbulb Feeler: Smoking Service for lights

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
1Addict Members,

Service:
I wanted to know if anyone had any interest in smoking out their tail lights, third brake lights, side marker lights? I can provide a service to smoke them for you at a low cost and shipped back out to you in no time. This is not a cheap eBay film that can come off and does not produce any bubbles. This is a specially designed spray coating that can be applied evenly to the surface to produce a smooth and elegant look to your car!

I can't promise perfection, but every piece is taken and taped up properly to ensure the highest quality work. Also every effort is taken to provide nice even coats to your part. I want to emphasize that if you are considering this for your BMW that this is a permanent application to your lights. If you are unsure about Smoke Level I can always take a picture of the product and send it your way to determine if it is dark enough for your taste.

*Please note that you will have to pay the initial shipping/packing charges for the item sent to my location/address (~Lower 48 states only)

How it will work:
You will ship me your lights and after payment is received along with the option you want I can go ahead and start smoking. Lead time will be roughly one day for Level 1, two days for Level 2, maybe three days for Level 3 (probably 2...) Then I will promptly ship back out to you via USPS or UPS with tracking (TBD).

If you want faster application time you can inquire to have that (speed service) arranged to have your part back to you as fast as possible.

If we can get at least 3-6 people interested then I will start this up.

Options:
Level 1 Smoke : 1 application that will provide a darker yet still visible rear tail light/side-marker (red is still visible but decreased level of redness and or lighter shade on the side marker) [~X visibility]

Level 2 Smoke : 2 applications that will provide a darker option to that of Level 1 with a semi-visable red in the rear (not too much trouble seeing the red and the side marker) [~X Visibility]

Level 3 Smoke : 3 applications that will provide max smoke tint which will make it hard to tell that the red light is there. (hard to tell from afar) [~X Visibility]

Will have pics at a distance so you can see that you can still view these even with the application at the darkest level. I can cover everything on the tail light or leave the reverse light uncovered as pictured. All personal preference. Any more pics upon request.

Prices: TBD

Level 1 Smoke (Side-marker light) - $
Level 2 Smoke (Side-marker light) - $$
Level 3 Smoke (Side-marker light) - $$$

Level 1 Smoke (Tail-light) - $
Level 2 Smoke (Tail-light) - $$
Level 3 Smoke (Tail-light) - $$$

Level 1 Smoke (Third Brake Light) - $
Level 2 Smoke (Third Brake Light) - $$
Level 3 Smoke (Third Brake Light) - $$$

Any thoughts or changes? Would this be something you guys would be interested in? I just finished with my brothers E90 and it looks gorgeous! I did both the side-marker lights and the tail lights. Will post up the pictures later today because of school/finals Thanks for looking!

Pics: These pics were on a 2006 325i

Pics 1 and 2 are off

Pics 3 and 4 are parking lights on

Pic 7 is the color of the red before smoking (newer tail light though same red)

Pic 6 and bottom middle small pic is brake light on

Bottom left -- side marker on
Bottom right -- side marker off
Pic 5 -- side marker w/o smoke

FAQ

Q: How do I remove side-marker light and how long will it take?
A: Removing the side-marker takes ~5 minutes max. http://www.bimmian.com/elements/page...ht/LSL/LSL.pdf

Q: How do I remove the rear tail lights and how long will it take?
A: Removing the rear tail lights is a little more difficult but can be done by removing the interior trim of the trunk (don't have to remove it totally) and unscrew the lights and unplug them. Anywhere between 30minutes - 2 hours depending on how fast you work.

Q: How do I remove the third brake light?
A: Removing the third brake light requires you to go inside your trunk and behind the actual trunk there is a piece of felt/plastic that you have to remove to expose the wires (4 silver screws)
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ht=Brake+light

Attached Images

Last edited by Satalite; 05-09-2011 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Pm me price for level two tail lights
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Or I have an extra set of tails if you wanted to buy them so you have stock and can have a quicker turn around time
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
Pm me price for level two tail lights
PM replied!
      05-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Hmmm, I always thought that the 1'er's tail lights would look good smoked out with the clear reverse light untouched. Waiting on pics and I will get back to you. It would be cool if you had cores ready to ship out once you get the next persons lights.
      05-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
Hmmm, I always thought that the 1'er's tail lights would look good smoked out with the clear reverse light untouched. Waiting on pics and I will get back to you. It would be cool if you had cores ready to ship out once you get the next persons lights.
Yah I have been offered but I would need lots of interest for that to be something I would consider. As of now this is the best way to go!

Pics uploaded. If you would like others let me know! These are of the level 3 smoke out.

I will try to get some night pics for those that like that!
      05-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Interested in seeing the 1tails and I may bring you mine. I don't want them too dark
      05-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Interested in seeing the 1tails and I may bring you mine. I don't want them too dark
I might do mine 1 shade this week and post pics. I don't like the bright red and definitely wouldn't go that dark.

My brother wanted a complete smoke look so we did at least 3 applications.

1 application should give a good 50% visibility of the red to tone it down. Will post pics of the 2 application coats later.
      05-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Quote:
I might do mine 1 shade this week and post pics. I don't like the bright red and definitely wouldn't go that dark.

My brother wanted a complete smoke look so we did at least 3 applications.

1 application should give a good 50% visibility of the red to tone it down. Will post pics of the 2 application coats later.
I'm going to have to put this on hold until I get back from Europe late this summer. I forgot I leave in 2 weeks... If it ever gets anymore interest by the time I get back I might start it up.

Thanks and sorry