BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
kilgore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 135i

Got hit...

This morning I got clipped by a woman in a Denali that blew thru a red light. Not too thrilled... Left front fender, front end, head light & hood. My local BMW dealership subs out this kind of work. There is a BMW dealership about an hour away that is a certified collision repair. Does anyone have any insight on this, does it matter and maybe if anyone knows of an excellent shop here in Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland area. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
1addyfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i Vert ///M-Sport 6 M-T

Sorry to hear that... If you were in the SoCal (Los Angeles) area, I'd send you to one of the best shops for BMW body work / repairs around town... but I'm not familiar with your neighborhood.

Not all "certified collision" repair facilities are created equal btw. What's the name of the Dealership that offers certified collision repair near you? Can check and see how recent customers felt about their repair work.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
kilgore
United_States
Rep

Basney BMW in South Bend, Indiana & Patrick BMW in Chicago, Illinois. The closest BMW dealer is in Schererville, Indiana but they sub the work out to two different body shops.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
1addyfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i Vert ///M-Sport 6 M-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgore View Post
...Patrick BMW in Chicago, Illinois. The closest BMW dealer is in Schererville, Indiana but they sub the work out to two different body shops.
Did a little Research on Patrick BMW in the Chicago (Schaumburg) area... and it seems to be "hit or miss" with other customers on several other BMW fan forums. I guess it just depends on which painter you happen to get that day of the week... which isn't the type of "risk" I'd be willing to take with my Beemer, to be honest. Quality of work should never depend on which day of the week you happen to show up -- Not at a competent/quality body shop, at least. Also, avoid any dealerships that sub out their work... You want to deal directly with the people repairing your vehicle, so they can be held accountable. No middle-men.

So far, the best recommendation for BMW body work that I've found in your area is:

A&L AutoBody
1979 W Dundee Rd
Palatine, IL 60074

Not sure if they are close to you, but it would probably be worth the drive, as they have a great track record and come highly recommended by many BMW fans/owners in the Chicago & Northern Indiana area. They also have a 5-Star customer feedback rating with no serious complaints on record. From what I've read, they do amazing work on high end / luxury cars.

Go there, if you can.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
kilgore
United_States
Rep

It's not too bad of a drive up there... Would rather make the drive than take it somewhere near & have less than par work done. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thank you
Appreciate 0