BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

Quaife ATB LSD Group Buy!!!

If anyone is interested in buying Quaife ATB Limited Slip Differential for your BMW 1 Series for a very special price please take a look here

http://babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14718

You can also send me a Personal Mail for Group Buy Price

This can be fitted price (UK only) or supply only (free of UK tax outside EU)

Taken from Birds website -

"Perhaps the innovative design of the Quaife ATB differential is what has attracted so many BMW enthusiasts around the world. Unlike regular limited-slip diffs that use wearing clutches (eg. the ones used in BMW M power cars), the Quaife is gear operated and will never wear out. The design enables a smooth, progressive transfer of torque between the rear wheels with no fuss, and applies power to the tarmac with maximum effect. The result is a transformation of performance. In 20 years of tuning BMWs this has to be the most effective tuning element we've ever had to offer, which is why it is the first enhancement we advise to all BMW owners looking to increase performance. Backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

In a recent survey to BMW customers who have bought a Quaife differential, we asked what their main reason was for the purchase. To enhance performance was at number 1, which is understandable. But at number 2, the reason was to eradicate that irritating, flashing yellow light. Dynamic traction control (DTC) or 'electronic braking' has limited the new BMWs to quite an extent, which most of you will know. When you put a Quaife limited-slip diff in the car, it almost removes that light completely whilst working in perfect harmony with the BMW's electronic systems. We guess that BMW had prepared them for a limited-slip diff option, but decided to have them as a unique element in the M power BMWs. The Quaife is the ultimate solution, no question.

A single tuning element that increases acceleration, cornering speeds, traction, steering and handling to such a degree that customers say it 'completely transforms the car'. This is why we rate it so highly and have invested so much time and money into our Quaife BMW worldwide project. The majority of people are too interested in getting maximum power gains from their engine, not knowing that the BMW's electronics will restrict them. We can offer combinations of a Quaife LSD and engine re-map/anti-rollbars/suspension kits and more, dependant on your preference and what we would advise for your specific BMW. Our experience and expertise have enabled us to create some M Power-matching BMWs over the years, and now we have a new trick up our sleeve in the Quaife limited-slip diff... "
      09-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
petersracing
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Exige S, 130i

How long are you keeping the group buy open? We in Australia would need to have an approach to Australian Customs and Duty/GST as this would likely be greater than AU$1000 and require a formal clearance and all that that entails.

Heres the link to a customs linky

Last edited by petersracing; 09-17-2009 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #3
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep

The Group buy is open until 16th October. Please send me a PM if you would like to know the details.
      09-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Can anyone confirm whether the diff on the 135 automatic is welded or bolted? I have heard different opinions, Andrew has qouted it being welded whereas if you look at the HPautowerks website harrold seems to think it is bolted.

I am very interested in the diff but only if it is bolted as welded would be too much bother and money.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep

Feel free to send an email to Kevin at Birds to ask any technical questions. You can mention that you are thinking about joining the BabyBMW.net group buy.

kevin.bird@birdsauto.com

Please PM me for the Group Buy discount.
      09-18-2009, 04:21 AM   #6
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Andrew has qouted it being welded whereas if you look at the HPautowerks website harrold seems to think it is bolted.
I thought in earlier posts Andrew had stated that the auto had the bolted diff and the manual's was welded? Or have I got it wrong...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep

Here are the options available for the 135i with retail prices

http://www.birdsauto.com/quaife/part...2/E88)&mi=135i

Please feel free to contact Birds for any technical queries.

you will however need to PM me to get the GB discount
      09-18-2009, 05:24 AM   #8
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

I have the Quaife's in stock as i am the Australian Dealer for this product. I find it hard to beleive there is a group buy on this product. Let me know the price and i'll see what i can do here on the ones i have in stock. The 135i manual are welded, Autos are bolted, the 335i are a different story, depends on your Vin. Again i have them in stock so if you require anything Quaife i am sure to be able to supply.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
SB135
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 135

I'm in if I can get it with the 3.4 final drive?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
I have the Quaife's in stock as i am the Australian Dealer for this product. I find it hard to beleive there is a group buy on this product. Let me know the price and i'll see what i can do here on the ones i have in stock. The 135i manual are welded, Autos are bolted, the 335i are a different story, depends on your Vin. Again i have them in stock so if you require anything Quaife i am sure to be able to supply.
+1!!!

Support your fellow Aussies and deal with Andrew, he's a top bloke.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #11
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I don't understand how people would be willing to spend so much money importing something this expensive and take the shipping and warranty risk when there is a local dealer here. I also don't understand how Kevin Bird can allow an international group buy like this when he himself had appointed these international agents like HP in the US and SouthernBM in Australia. Anyway that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #12
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
I also don't understand how Kevin Bird can allow an international group buy like this when he himself had appointed these international agents like HP in the US and SouthernBM in Australia. Anyway that's just me.
GREED....:finger:
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 02:21 AM   #13
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Hey its all good, no issues

Spoke with Kevin, and i'm in the loop now. I just didn't know what was happening, now all is ok. Groups Buys for this product were never meant to happen but a few eager guys say they are keen so a deal can be done. The BMW market is birds, HP, and me anyway so we are happy to accomodate. The forum group buy have to pre pay and this has not happened yet so it is still way off being set in stone. For the Aust guys i would be supplying so again no issue.

I have 135i Manual quaife ready to install. I have 1 rebuilt 135i manual on hold, and a few Auto quaifes ready to be sent out. The 3.46 conversion is available for the member who asked. If your from the US ask HP Autowerkes for the conversion kit, Quaife have made for them now. If you have a 335i i need your Vin and also for 130i's, (sent a few 130i quaifes up to NSW recently)What i dont have in stock the shipping is super quick now as we have streamlined it.

Ok so start the phone ringing off the hook guys.....If i can help let me know.

Still waiting to hear your Group buy price.
Appreciate 0