BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
icasio
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Cilajet?

Couldn't find anything in previous threads...Has anyone had this product, Cilajet applied to their car?? I can't seem to find anything negative online about this product so I was just curious for feedback here.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Is this one of those silly things the dealer tries to con you into when you are in with the financial guy? Let me guess $500? How about some underspray for the bottom of the car so it doesn't rust!

Seriously save your money go to Griots Garage or Autogeek and buy some paint sealant plus other essentials and put a little elbow grease into it. That pricey dealership paint sealant probably won't even last for 6 mos, that is generally how long sealants last.

Disclaimer: If you head down the home detailing path make sure you do alot of research on car care techniques and ask alot of questions. You can do alot of damage to your paint!!! Whatever you do forget everything your dad taught. No sponges and dish soaps!

I just spent $200 on special detailing supplies. But it should last me for years.

Also detailing will help you bond with your car. Plus you get to admire your handy work every time you look at your car.
      12-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

I don't trust myself with an orbital... take it to a detailer
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Vrumpkin
Seymour J. Vrumpkin
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Do not go with Cilajet, I cannot tell you how many cars I have detailed from people who had Cilajet or some other dealer applied coating applied to their car that ended up smearing or streaking badly and needed to be removed.

There are so many high quality paint sealants and even nano coatings out right now for a fraction of the cost that work far better.

Detailersdomain, forum sponsor has probably the best selection. Check out Wolf's Chemical!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
mojo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

voodoo juice, should be left in jar.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
icasio
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Good to know. Cilajet wasn't offered from a dealer it was a detailer who was offering it on the cheap.

I'll check out detailersdomain. Thanks for the look out.
Appreciate 0