BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
3onDubs
You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
People usually come to the forums when they have a problem with something and need advice...you usually don't hear from the happy people. It's like sitting in a doctor's office all day and then concluding that the human race does nothing other than get sick all the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #24
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3onDubs View Post
It's like sitting in a doctor's office all day and then concluding that the human race does nothing other than get sick all the time.
There is truth in that though.
      10-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #25
2AD Tanker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Black Sapphire Metallic

Good post and good example with the Ferarri and Lambo cars. How much maintenance do you think the NASCAR, Indy and F1 cars get to perform at the level they do? Hmmmm....
      10-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #26
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

so basically you just added more whining to the site by starting this thread.

I'm happy with my car, it may have it's quirks, but compared to the last car i put up with for several years, this one is an angel. My only complaint, is it takes too long for all the shipping companies to get the parts i ordered to my door step.

Get used to the whining, it's what people do. it's what makes people feel better, Just stop clicking on pages that say "I'm pissed, please help!" or ones that have the acronym "... VS. ..." in the tittle.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #27
JimmyT
Redneck Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

A smart man once told me you can only control two things in life, your decisions when faced with choices, and how you decide to react to situations you can not possibly control.
      10-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #28
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
A smart man once told me you can only control two things in life, your decisions when faced with choices, and how you decide to react to situations you can not possibly control.
this man does sounds smart..... orrrr.... sounds like he has common sense!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #29
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Good post and good example with the Ferarri and Lambo cars. How much maintenance do you think the NASCAR, Indy and F1 cars get to perform at the level they do? Hmmmm....
??? Its a normal car... I don't abuse it in any way... But I still have problems... Please compare this car to somthing better than a Ferrari or a Nascar... Cus the 1 it not even used for the same things....

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #30
SinCalgary
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I've noticed over the years that cars like the 1, 3, A4, A3, C series, tend to have a lot of first time "luxury" brand buyers. There is a perception from many of these buyers that a "premium" brand automobile should be MORE reliable than the lower cost Honda's, Nissans, GM's, Fords, etc....
So, they are expecting their "premium" brand to be more reliable than lower cost vehicles.

The reality is, "premium" brand's have the moniker not due to their "premium" reliability, but more towards their inclusion of current technology, better materials, performance, and design.
Education before the purchase should easily and quickly reveal that most premium Euro automobiles do not top the list of reliability.
Pretty much exactly what I would have said
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #31
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post

so basically you just added more whining to the site by starting this thread.

I'm happy with my car, it may have it's quirks, but compared to the last car i put up with for several years, this one is an angel. My only complaint, is it takes too long for all the shipping companies to get the parts i ordered to my door step.

Get used to the whining, it's what people do. it's what makes people feel better, Just stop clicking on pages that say "I'm pissed, please help!" or ones that have the acronym "... VS. ..." in the tittle.
Haha.. This is so true...

Question- what was the last car you have owned??? (If you don't mind me asking)...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #32
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Haha.. This is so true...

Question- what was the last car you have owned??? (If you don't mind me asking)...
well, i can't say that all the things that went wrong on the car weren't my fault

I modified it a little too much.

It was a Subaru WRX however the factory related problems were (back in 2002) leaking raw fuel on top of the engine, Idol control valve, and cruise control horrible clutches, and weak transmissions.

I belew 2 trannys (then upgraded to the STi 6speed.) melted the stock trubo (great opportunity for an upgrade) blew and engine (but that's a very long story, and wasn't my fault, that was the dealerships doings....) and blew up the rear differential.

My favorite problem that happened to the car is when the dealership decided to drop it off a hoist..... (this is where the blown engine comes in due to the timing belt shifting when the car fell)

some cars aren't meant for power.... which is why i'm going to try and run only mild boost increases on my 135 untill i feel really safe with the setup. though i don't mind clearing out the exhuast and intakes for better flow. (less work for the turbos, improve life span when not increasing boost levels)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #33
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
well, i can't say that all the things that went wrong on the car weren't my fault

I modified it a little too much.

It was a Subaru WRX however the factory related problems were (back in 2002) leaking raw fuel on top of the engine, Idol control valve, and cruise control horrible clutches, and weak transmissions.

I belew 2 trannys (then upgraded to the STi 6speed.) melted the stock trubo (great opportunity for an upgrade) blew and engine (but that's a very long story, and wasn't my fault, that was the dealerships doings....) and blew up the rear differential.

My favorite problem that happened to the car is when the dealership decided to drop it off a hoist..... (this is where the blown engine comes in due to the timing belt shifting when the car fell)

some cars aren't meant for power.... which is why i'm going to try and run only mild boost increases on my 135 untill i feel really safe with the setup. though i don't mind clearing out the exhuast and intakes for better flow. (less work for the turbos, improve life span when not increasing boost levels)
NICE... My friend HAD a black WRX and new the engine was destroyed so he sold it... he moded it so much it was blowing fire out the exhaust... Buy I agree 350 ta 400hp is perfect for this car.... Those are exactly my plans... Goodluck!!

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #34
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
NICE... My friend HAD a black WRX and new the engine was destroyed so he sold it... he moded it so much it was blowing fire out the exhaust... Buy I agree 350 ta 400hp is perfect for this car.... Those are exactly my plans... Goodluck!!
yup, i was doing flames out the back too.... funny thing is i didn't know it untill i overheard my buddy talking about it to someone else. Turns out he thought i knew because it happend so often.

I'm looking for that consistent 350-400whp zone too, I'll keep my maps low and on 91 pump, unless i plan to play around for a day. I figure with map 5 or 7 on my JB3, i'm probably knocking at the 350whp door, but the boost levels are high, so i'm keeping things sane.

and good luck to you as well

hopefully i'll have some pics in the near future once my parts start to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #35
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Quote:
U are mad that a lawyer is sticking up for people and going after BMW for its faulty product.... Give me a break...
Not been faulty for me.
And the majority of owners.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #36
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
I see your point a lot of owners do whine about stuff like how it understeers and so forth. Me personally even though its been only 2 weeks i love it!! Yeah i know some issues might come up like the hpfp or the taillight thing but i dont care i knew what i was signing up for, unless the engine falls out or something i wont bitch about anything except the speeding tickets i might get once i get past the break in period. Today I drove a buddy's 335i and I'm just so happy that i went with the 135. The 335 is too nice feels like a luxury car and not as sporty as the 1er..

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 06:48 PM   #37
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Would anybody like cheese with their whine?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #38
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Would anybody like cheese with their whine?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
Frustration
enter macho title here...
Rep
Drives: X3 / 335cp / 135 vert-135vert2

In short...

fuch your client...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #40
Tessio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

We bitch here because no one else knows what the hell an HPFP is.

I agree with RPM90, high expectations from new entrants to the market play a big part, especially those for whom it's a reach, or for those who have been saving up for their "dream car". Disillusionment sucks.

I find that I only bitch about faults in cars I love. I sell the other ones.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #41
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessio View Post
I agree with RPM90, high expectations from new entrants to the market play a big part, especially those for whom it's a reach, or for those who have been saving up for their "dream car". Disillusionment sucks.

I find that I only bitch about faults in cars I love. I sell the other ones.
No HPFP problems... No engine problems at all... Everything else from the stereo to the exhaust has had problems... And who cares where or what it is... BMW is a high end reputable Co. they have stood behind the HPFP problem so thats not a big deal...

But problems with windows, speakers, radio, and 3 recalls in under 12k miles is unacceptable for a 40k+ car...

That has been the issues with my car.... And I hate getting in my brand new BMW everyday and seeing a big dent on my passenger side of my dash...

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #42
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
But problems with windows, speakers, radio, and 3 recalls in under 12k miles is unacceptable for a 40k+ car...
what was the problem with your windows???
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #43
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
what was the problem with your windows???
Probably the window regulator, I had both rear window regulators fail at separate times in my E90, taken care of under warranty and they said it's not an uncommon problem.

My perception is some of you think this is a "$40k car" as if that was some huge amount of money but the reality is these cars would ideally cost more. The German brands have to cut quality a little in order to compete with the prices of Japanese cars in this segment (who also can't afford to make the car 100% reliable).

Would people pay, let's say, $50,000 for a 135i that had every part sourced from the best possible supplier and which rarely had any problems at all? Those who could afford it would but a lot of people wouldn't so car companies have no choice but to make their cars cheaply. Deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #44
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Mine was only $30k and has been flawless so far. Brilliant little car, IMO.
Appreciate 0