BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #45
alex_d_22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Injectors
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #46
Fed P
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed P View Post
Yeah, I ordered because they were "In Stock" but there was only 1 actually in stock. However, they are still promising to ship them on the 26th.

I plan to do the carbon cleaning myself, seems doable, plus I no longer trust the dealerships here to do anything right.
*Sigh* you got lucky man... It's the 26th and ECS tuning told me the injectors will only be available on the 16th of January, despite the site saying my order will ship on the 26th and me asking them if we were 100% good to go for the 26th after you encountered the 2-3 week delay problem. Really screwed me over now, my friend was gonna receive these while visiting the USA and now the window of opportunity is gone.

Further, realoem now says ~310 USD per injector! Gah =(
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #47
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
*Sigh* you got lucky man... It's the 26th and ECS tuning told me the injectors will only be available on the 16th of January, despite the site saying my order will ship on the 26th and me asking them if we were 100% good to go for the 26th after you encountered the 2-3 week delay problem. Really screwed me over now, my friend was gonna receive these while visiting the USA and now the window of opportunity is gone.

Further, realoem now says ~310 USD per injector! Gah =(
Why didn't you guys buy your injectors from a dealer!?!?

While RealOEM.com does show an injector price of $309, over at Tischer they show the same injector for only $107!!

N54 Fuel Injector bmw part #13537585261
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...82&hg=13&fg=15

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/ind...&siteid=214672

NOTE: new injectors WILL NEED coding to work properly in your engine. There is also a recall for early cars ('08 & '09's) I believe for US models.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #48
Fed P
Private First Class
Rep

The dealers here are asking for 250-300 for an injector, and indy shops around 180... Tough pill to swallow if changing all 6. Despite my part number being the one in the recall, I'm afraid the recall isn't done here.

You are totally right about the price, I just noticed that as well while googling for other stores to try and find somewhere with stock. Thanks for the heads up =)

I still haven't managed to get INPA working but I am aware of the coding, fingers crossed I can get it to work.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #49
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
You are totally right about the price, I just noticed that as well while googling for other stores to try and find somewhere with stock. Thanks for the heads up =)

Why not try ordering from Schmiedmann

They are in the EU and you might not even have to pay any customs fee's into Russia. ? Their service is pretty good too.

Same injector is $117 USd at Schmiedmann. I think I would conact them and ask for the latest injector part number though. I think BMW has made several versions.

http://www.schmiedmann.com/135375852...uctnumber.aspx
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #50
Fed P
Private First Class
Rep

That's right, you're in Germany, you're the perfect person to ask! I've had this question for ages: can you give me a list of parts vendors like Schmiedmann that you can order online from? I do not even mind if the site is in German, common sense and google translate will help me out.

I checked out the Schmiedmann website, seems really good! I may use it in the future, but right now I'm still searching for these damn injectors somewhere where they are in stock - Schmiedmann says 13 workings days from order, which means I won't be getting them very soon at all. Regarding the vendors recommendations, they don't have to have the injectors in stock, this will just be useful for me to know.

I think the latest part number is 13537585261 by the way, at least that's what all the ETKs I've looked at are saying.

PS Oh yeah, customs in Russia is not too bad, a year or more ago they implemented a limit of 1000 EURs / person / month with absolutely no customs fees or taxes. All my aftermarket parts have gotten through without any headaches so far! It's almost a miracle for this country to have something not cause a headache =)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #51
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
That's right, you're in Germany, you're the perfect person to ask! I've had this question for ages: can you give me a list of parts vendors like Schmiedmann that you can order online from? I do not even mind if the site is in German, common sense and google translate will help me out.
Hey Fred,

Well... I find myself always buying local from my BMW Zentrum. The parts come the same day or next day at the latest. I get a 20% discount most of the time. And since I am with the Military over here... I can give them a VAT form to get out of paying the 19% German sales tax!

Do you guys in Russia have a German like car papers? On every German car you have a "key" (schlussel)number when ordering parts. With this number it makes it VERY easy for parts places to find the correct part(s) for your car.

You need the Type Number and KBA-Number to order parts.

These guys are also good I hear...

http://www.profi-teile.de/index.php/

I have bought from Schmiedermann and they have good service. You just have to be careful with them bc they also sell OEM parts along with BMW OE parts. The price is the tell tale. I think they also states whether the part is bmw original or OEM.

Another good place like Schmiedermann is Leebmann. Although I have never bought from them. I have heard good things though.

http://www.leebmann24.de/

here is the injector...
http://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-ersatzt...rafikid=154886

A friend of mine told me about this place. But I have never bought anything from them.

http://store.bmw-mini-mania.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #52
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Well took the car and on Wednesday, that morning got a lot of white smoke that went away after a couple of minutes. Not sure if that is related to the dealer injectors. Also was told by the shop that valves were really bad, the also discovered that oil housing gasket was leaking so that's also getting replaced.
I'm suppose to get the car tomorrow, and will post pics of the valves once I get them.

I'm worried that white smoke is something else really hoping this fixes it.
      01-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #53
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

UPDATE:

Injectors replaced intake valves cleaned, result is a perfect cold start even after the car sitting 14 hours. I'm hoping it stays that way
      12-18-2017, 07:06 AM   #54
danfratamico
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
I have a ‘07 335xi and I just replaced my index 1 injectors with index 9 (yes, I know that was. A bad choice but for $90 for all 6 used in very good condition, can’t beat it). The replacement went well and the car does run a lot better, no more misfires when cold. However, the car does vibrate quite a bit when the RPMs drop and the exhaust flap opens on a cold start. Does this happen to anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 11:35 AM   #55
Havocsteve
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

I'm waiting on my car to blow the f%^k up! I replaced the essentric shaft actuator (bloody hard and expensive repair) only to still have a bad cold start. Once it warms up, no issues at all. I can't seem to believe its a leaky injector since mine are all index 12s and it's only a cold start problem.

To this point, either I do a leak down test, replace the fuel filter, replace coils/plugs (did plugs about 20k kms or so ago) or I need another essentric shaft as I might have ruined mine when I first installed it but the shaft was 180% the wrong way.
Appreciate 0