BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Return from Germany

So i bought my car from Pentagon military car sales back in late 08' and took delivery of it same year. Its an 09'.
My car is coming back to the states and is basically 3 years old.
Does my Warranty switch over from 2 year warranty to a 4 year when i register it here in CA?
Not sure how this whole process goes. Will be needing to get the idrive maps updated from Europe to USA, so im hoping my warranty covers this or some sort of BMW service.
Im totally not used to BMW USA service..
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

When you took delivery here in DE... MCS gave you a special form to enroll your car's VIN into BMW NA computer system. You need to contact BMW NA to have your VIN registered with them. Right now your car does not exists, as far as BMW NA is concerned.

Let me know if you want me to dig up my enrollment form. Yes, you will have whats remaining on your 4 year 50K mile warranty from your inservice date here in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
Will be needing to get the idrive maps updated from Europe to USA, so im hoping my warranty covers this or some sort of BMW service. Im totally not used to BMW USA service..
When I bought my 135, I was told I'd have to pay to have USA maps installed when I got back to the us.....let us know what you find out.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx135 View Post
When I bought my 135, I was told I'd have to pay to have USA maps installed when I got back to the us.....let us know what you find out.
I think it depends on which iDrive system you have. IF you have the newer HD type... I think a dealer would just load the maps for free. For an older car - I think you will need to buy the DVD.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

You should've had Pentagon switch the maps for you. That's what they did for me the day before I shipped my car. You will have to pay. If yours is the 08 version, you could find the dvds for sale on the 3/m3 threads.
Yes your warranty will switch to the US 4 yr or miles. The paperwork will be a bit of a hassle but get it done. If you have BMW assist, that will cost you money to activate---but only if you want it activated---you could go the AAA route and that comes with discounts at various places.
Welcome to SoCal --really shitty drivers here. What base r u at?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #6
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Will find out about all this soon... Based at Edwards now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
You should've had Pentagon switch the maps for you. That's what they did for me the day before I shipped my car. You will have to pay. If yours is the 08 version, you could find the dvds for sale on the 3/m3 threads.
Yes your warranty will switch to the US 4 yr or miles. The paperwork will be a bit of a hassle but get it done. If you have BMW assist, that will cost you money to activate---but only if you want it activated---you could go the AAA route and that comes with discounts at various places.
Welcome to SoCal --really shitty drivers here. What base r u at?
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:42 AM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Exclamation stateside warranty enrollment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47
MCS VIN enrollment document...

Hi Romak47,

Here is that VIN enrollment document. This is the form from MCS/BMW AG to BMW NA to activate your states side warranty. Just fill it out and mail it to BMW NA.

Dackel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by romak47 View Post
... Based at Edwards now
AKA middle of nowhere. No matter how tempting, don't speed across the lakebed they will catch you.