BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #23
wolfe
Captain
Rep
Drives: e82 / e70 / r56 / r60

I've had birds hitting my car several times in the last two weeks. Sure you don't want all this detail but it's looked purple and had seeds (berries I assume). It's sat on the paint in 95f weather and direct sunlight, for anywhere up to a day. My car is white, and has two coats of Zaino Z2 with flash cure. When I got home each time, I'd thoroughly and carefully clean it off with quick detailer spray. I've looked at the paint under multiple angles, with lights, reflections etc. and I can't see any outline or trace or anything.

Conversely, a water spot I missed sat on there a couple of weeks has left a tiny mark which will need to be polished out.

Again just my observation here and I'm not an expert, though the Z2 does appear to be providing protection in my application.
Appreciate 0