BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #23
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Let's see if "M" flight wants to participate as they have quite a few members..maybe we could do a GB kind of thing....what is our class size? 6, 8, 10? 4K for 6 people? Can we get vat taken off?
      05-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #24
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Let's see if "M" flight wants to participate as they have quite a few members..maybe we could do a GB kind of thing....what is our class size? 6, 8, 10? 4K for 6 people? Can we get vat taken off?
No, they won't take a VAT form. Class size is 6 to 12 people. I think the more we have - the price may come down some. Max class size is 12. But IF we have more... they will divide us into two groups(or three or what ever). But I still have to clarify any discounts in the price vs number of students.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #25
135junky
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m?
Dave could we do this on friday august 31th & saterday september the 1st? or aug 30 & 31

and 660 euro's is the price pp if we are six p in total?
Those date work for me to, just not the weekend before! There is a little fest in my town and I don't want to miss it!
      05-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Any other thoughts ???
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #27
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

If I may. Ask them what average speed they will be training at, Dave. Normal ADAC trainings are set for an average of 60km/h and there are even trainings as slow as 40km/h. As a comparison, i.e. the BMW M basic training takes place at between 120-140km/h. To me anything below sixty is not worth paying for and things start to get interesting above 100km/h.

If you guys make the trip, then I'd love to drop by for the evening. The training site is like 200km from where I am, so basically around the corner.
      05-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
If I may. Ask them what average speed they will be training at, Dave. Normal ADAC trainings are set for an average of 60km/h and there are even trainings as slow as 40km/h. As a comparison, i.e. the BMW M basic training takes place at between 120-140km/h. To me anything below sixty is not worth paying for and things start to get interesting above 100km/h.

If you guys make the trip, then I'd love to drop by for the evening. The training site is like 200km from where I am, so basically around the corner.

Thanks Emm... that is a good point - I will ask them. I also thought about asking BMW about their driver training schools held at the Munich Airport. I know they have a separate driver training area over there.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #29
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
I really like the idea of attending a BMW driving school, more so than ADAC.
      05-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #30
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow BMW-Fahrertraining...

Name:  BMW-Fahrertraining-Maisach-Preview-01-655x436.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  BMW-Fahrertraining-Maisach-Preview-03-655x436.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  BMW-Fahrertraining-Maisach-Preview-04-655x436.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  BMW-Fahrertraining-Maisach-Preview-05-655x436.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  48.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
I really like the idea of attending a BMW driving school, more so than ADAC.

Ok Gents...

Today I had a nice phone conversation with a lady from BMW Driver Training center in Munchen. She asked me IF we would be interested in a school at Nurburgring. It would be a one day "Intensive" training school. we drive in their cars (I think M3's?) and it includes one night's stay at a hotel there (Dorint?) and all meals(dinner and breakfast and lunch) and fuel(for their cars. We drive on the 'Ring!! Cost would be 1,100 euros.

The lady I spoke to "thinks" we can also use a VAT form(she will get back to me on that) - so we would save even more. 900-ish would be our price.

She has some opening for June 21st at the Ring. But that is too son for me - and I suspect you guys as well. I told her we would like something in Late Aug or September. She is gonna get me some dates that are open.

Another possibility is to do their driver training in Munich. Its held on a closed circiut at the Munchen Flughafen(airport) an we also would drive their cars. It is a slower speed driving though. More of an autocross setup like in the pics I posted above. That school is even cheaper... at 400 to 600 per day depending on the type of school.

All this info is preliminary. I will post any new info when I get it from BMW-Fahrertraining. I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop and see what people think so far?

Thoughts?

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #31
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
She asked me IF we would be interested in a school at Nurburgring. It would be a one day "Intensive" training school. we drive in their cars (I think M3's?) and it includes one night's stay at a hotel there (Dorint?) and all meals(dinner and breakfast and lunch) and fuel(for their cars. We drive on the 'Ring!! Cost would be 1,100 euros.

Thoughts?

IN. ALL IN.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

IN. ALL IN.

Yup, Thats what I told her too. I think we can fill up one of these schools for all us track junkies. And the one or two day school at the Ring would be a Bucket List thing for most of us I think!!

I am waiting to see what they send me via email. Personally I would much rather do a M school than an ADAC school.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #33
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Sorry to be out of touch...Internet spotty and inconsistent here.....this pretty much sounds like the same thing we have scheduled for sept 2,3rd at hockenheim....it was also 1100 euros reduced to 924 with VAT removed. If we get an english class at the ring, I'd be willing to move my €€€ around and do this instead
      05-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #34
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
I'd pay to drive my own car with an instructor on a "clear" 'Ring.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #35
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Yup, Thats what I told her too. Dackel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
Sorry to be out of touch...Internet spotty and inconsistent here.....this pretty much sounds like the same thing we have scheduled for sept 2,3rd at hockenheim....it was also 1100 euros reduced to 924 with VAT removed. If we get an english class at the ring, I'd be willing to move my €€€ around and do this instead
Quote:
I'd pay to drive my own car with an instructor on a "clear" 'Ring.
I'm interested, but with my "LUCK" i would not want to commit unless I have pretty solid confirmation that my day won't get hosed.
      06-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #36
ChrisM135i
Verd1chtete 1ntensität
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Garage List
2008 135i E82  [0.00]
Hi Guys,
I would be very happy if I could join the event, when the days fit in my agenda I would be able to go for the last week of August and the first two weeks in September.

I already attended a BMW Basic Driver Training (1/2 day) and BMW Intensive Training (1 day) at the Munich airport plus a BMW Winter Training (2 days) in Sölden.. I can highly recommend the BMW Trainings, the instructors are BMW employees with a special driving education and take care of each participant! Basically one car is always shared by two participants, so if a closed group attendes a training it will be a big load of fun..

Here is my thread with thread from my winter training 2009 with some pictures:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332986

BMW 135i E82 - 6 MT - ///M-Sport - M 261 - Black Saphir - Xenon - PDC - NaviProf - BMW Online - BMW Assist - HiFi Sound System
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #37
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
The training site is like 200km from where I am, so basically around the corner.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

sounds just like me when I want to go to Hockenheim or the 'Ring
      06-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #38
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow BMW M Training

1addicts BMW M Training…

Hi Guys,

I have been in contact with BMW training. The nice people there would like to know what kind of “training” we would like to have? I was thinking a one or two day course. Something not too expensive but to give us a good taste of BMW M and the track AND driving. I am pretty sure they can give us a decent discount IF we can get enough people to participate in one of these M schools.

The lady I talked too said she thinks we can (probably) use our VAT forms to get another 19% discount for not paying German sales tax!

We have three types of classes they can arrange for us. Well.. they actually have way more Training programs… but I think one of these three might be best for us. I would like to hear what you guys think?

I am think early to mid September time frame. We can also ask our German friends from the Welt 3.0 meet. I am sure some of them will join us. And we can also see about the M Flight guys too joining us. It should be quite a nice gathering of car guys.

Here is BMW’s Training website. It is (unfortunately) it’s in German.
http://www.bmw.de/de/de/insights/dri...intensive.html

BMW M Race Track Training:

BMW M Intensive Training

If you already have gasoline in your blood, you can improve the value of the BMW M intensive training more clearly. Turn to high speed intercity, you can master situations at the limit of sovereign evasive maneuvers and optimize your vehicle control. Extreme experiences can still carry on? Yes! For the ideal line in corners, so you are ready for challenging slalom runs and the race track.

Training location: The BMW M intensive training takes place at well-known European race circuits:

Nürburgring Sprintstrecke und Grand-Prix Strecke (DE)
Salzburgring (A)
Bilster Berg
Red Bull Ring (Spielberg) (A)
Hockenheimring (DE)
Sachsenring (DE)

Duration / Number of participants: 1 day + 1 night (on the eve of theory) / max. 10 participants per group (2 people / car)

vehicles: BMW M3 Coupe

curriculum: Theory of driving dynamics, practical driving exercises, 1 night full board in single rooms, team support, insurance

requirements: For this exercise no previous knowledge is required.

Price: 1,100.00 EUR

BMW M Perfection Training

National racetracks National race tracks like the Nürburgring provide exactly the right environment for demanding riders and a completely new driving experience: from the double lane change at high speeds to perfecting the ideal line on the track. Under guidance of experienced instructors motorsport you buy the best driving experience for higher speeds and can enjoy your vehicle so much more.

Training location: The BMW M Perfection Training takes place on well-known national race tracks.

Nurburgring (D) (both Grand Prix and Nordschliefe)
Hockenheimring

Duration / Number of participants: 2 days and 2 nights (on the eve of theory) / max. 8 participants per group vehicles.

vehicles: BMW M3 Coupe

Theory of driving dynamics, practical driving exercises, 2 nights full board in single room, insurance

requirements: For this exercise no previous knowledge is required.

Price: 2,300.00 EUR

BMW M Fascination Training

National racetracks Experience the fascination of national racetracks like the Nürburgring, and thus, a completely new driving dimension.

It starts with the warm-up in the car's handling limits. Before you start hot laps, however, with the BMW M3 in your racing line, you learn it once to learn the racing line - with the help of our track coaching following behind him in your M car. Thus prepared, intense speed and sporty driving experience fun are endless.

Training location: Test your driving skills on major national routes. Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit (D)
Sachsenring (D)

Duration / Number of participants: 2 days and 2 nights (on the eve of theory) / max. 8 participants per group vehicles: They complete the training with a current BMW M model. BMW M3 Coupe

services: Theory of driving dynamics, practical driving exercises, 2 nights full board in single room, insurance requirements: For this exercise, you must first have completed one of the following training. 1x BMW M Perfection or other evidence of experience

Price: 2,500.00 EUR

PS: BMW also has some cheaper schools run at the Munich airport but they are slower speed type schools. They also have some skid pad training for half day at some events as well. Those types of schools with non M cars are 400 to 600 euros for a half or one day.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
ChrisM135i
Verd1chtete 1ntensität
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i E82

Garage List
2008 135i E82  [0.00]
I would vote for the "BMW M Intensive Training" ..

I might also take part in the two other trainings, if the majority is going to vote for these, but currently I found them a little bit too pricy since I have some other cost-intensive projects running in prallel..

@David: Do you think it could be a problem if someone takes part who is not able to cut off the 19% VAT of the price?

Anyway.. BMW M Training should always be an epic experience..!

BMW 135i E82 - 6 MT - ///M-Sport - M 261 - Black Saphir - Xenon - PDC - NaviProf - BMW Online - BMW Assist - HiFi Sound System
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #40
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
I vote for the BMW M Intensive Training for 1,100.00 EUR. The others sound great but are a bit rich for my blood, especially since I'm running damn near stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #41
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM135i View Post

@David: Do you think it could be a problem if someone takes part who is not able to cut off the 19% VAT of the price?
I think that would be fine Chris.

I want first to see what the guys here are interested in doing. Then I can ask BMW what kind of deal they can give us. And all teh better if some of us can take the VAT off. But I know not everyone can do that. Either way... these schools are not cheap.
Appreciate 0