BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

Menzerna Power lock sealant update

I applied some Menzerna power lock to my BMW135 and my wife's Acura MDX April 1st. VERY easy to apply and the result were excellent. The cars looked great and the paint felt very "slippery".
Two month later and several car washes later (usually washed once a week) the surface looks great. The paint does not have the same "slippery" feel to it as it did right away. However, the water beads like it was sealed yesterday. It is amazing how good it is holding up. I get out my blower and the water just fall off the car.
So far I would say the Power lock is top notch! I previously had used Tech wax 2.0 (loooked okay but didn't last) or Griots wax (looked great but didn't last at all).
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
I get out my blower and the water just fall off the car.
What kind of blower and what is the application? Sounds interesting...

"The Dingo ate your Mustang"
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
04Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Cpe

I agree, Menzerna Power Lock works well. It's easy to apply and remove. The shine is really nice and it seems to last. It is expensive, around $30 for 16 ounces, but well worth it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjean View Post
What kind of blower and what is the application? Sounds interesting...
I have a Stihl gas powered, hand held blower that I use. I know it is over kill but I hate eletrical cords. Plus my neighbour has some gay little girls sized electric leaf blower that he uses. Therefore I had to get one that was bigger, louder and more powerful then his!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Glad to hear the Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant is working so well for you. I really love this product for many of the reasons you listed. It is amongst my top two favorite sealants right now, so I highly recommend it to anyone. I also use it on my glass, headlights, wheels, etc. for added protection.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

I also have been using my leaf blower for 4 years now and it works really well. I have the Stihl as well as a Turbo electric blower that is pretty strong and alway's use the electric one, the gas one i only use for fall leaf cleanups as the cords sometimes do not reach that far...cords are not an issue for me aroud the housef as i use the electric one almost daily for the car..brake dust as well as blowing off water and dust, around the patio, mudroom and deck to clear up debris and the mess the dawgs make---3 golden retrievers LOL...The gas/oil leaf blower for sure is stronger but the electric works just as good for the cars, is lighter, less noisy, and the most important thing is i do not smell from the gas oil mixture fumes the gas blower sends out...you alway's stink after using gas blowers... but agreed....for me a blower was the best all around tool for keeping the house, car, yard clean...i just wish it did not take 30 years for me to figure that out DOH !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

IZAGLO...the electric blower is the way to go. Less fuss and mess. If I was buying one for my car, I would have gotten one of the eletric ones. I actually got the gas blower as a gift from my brother. I already had a leaf blower for my garden so I keep the Stihl in the garage and keep it nice and clean. The one I use in my yard is too dirty to let near my cars!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Got my 16 oz. bottle from UPS yesterday.

Can't wait to try it out after reading all the glowing reviews in the various threads.
      07-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #9
str8shot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 Montego Blue 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@DetailedImage View Post
Glad to hear the Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant is working so well for you. I really love this product for many of the reasons you listed. It is amongst my top two favorite sealants right now, so I highly recommend it to anyone. I also use it on my glass, headlights, wheels, etc. for added protection.
Greg, out of curiosity, what's the other?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 04:12 AM   #10
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Is this a synthetic or carnuba wax?
I prefer synthetic liquid wax because synthetic lasts longer than carnuba and liquid is easier to apply than paste.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbimmer19 View Post
Is this a synthetic or carnuba wax?
I prefer synthetic liquid wax because synthetic lasts longer than carnuba and liquid is easier to apply than paste.
From what I've read, it's a synthetic polymer.

EDIT: From the Menzerna USA site:

We have formulated Power Lock with the maximum concentration of advanced polymers to provide exceptional durability, paint protection and the slickest feel in an easy to apply liquid.