BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #23
Steve Brown
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: June 2011, AW 1M coupe

I have learnt more!! Go and have a look at www.prixcar.com it's this mob that are causing the log jam. However, you'd like to think that if a part of the delivery chain is causing delays to your customers, that maybe you should try and explain how you plan to rectify and not make excuses! It seems that Prixcar has something of a monopoly too. I guess I was wrong to blame the individual Salesperson when I really meant to have a go at everyone involved in the supply chain. And incidentally the salesmanager has just been in touch to say that it may now be delivered on the 27th (that's punishment for complaining, I reckon).
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 10:39 PM   #24
rxp brad
Rep
Drives:

I'll be ordering mine through Melbourne, they will stick it inside a truck and deliver it to my door in Perth for 5k less than what AutoClassic wanted for the same car. This does include a stamp duty saving but is also the result of a bit of competition. I'll wear vic plates around for a few months then transfer to WA plates.

You deal with a monopoly and expect to get pumped
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #25
Steve Brown
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

At Auto Classic, the actual competance of the Saleperson is not the main issue. The main issue seems to be that they cannot deal with the volume of sales that they are experiencing. I paid a $3k deposit on 7th July 2007. I've waited 11 months for my 135i and it arrived on 14th on the Tortugas. Even after some severe nagging from me the best they can manage from wharf to customer is 2 weeks. Two friggin weeeks to get it cleaned and compliance plated and registered. It's pathetic....but they just don't care. They've got my money and they are a monopoly and I'll get the car when they are ready. I'm going to buy from somewhere else next time.....maybe the US where they are half price!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #26
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
I appreciate your frustrations Steve, but i'm not sure it's really Autoclassic who should be on the receiving end of them. I've been shown the site they use to track their orders, which is run by the shipping line Willenius, which shows the anticipated dealer delivery date. Based on my understanding, they don't have a lot of flexibility to manipulate this date as it is dictated by the shipper. I know my ship arrives at the docks on the 9th of June, yet my dealer delivery is July 23rd. Two weeks later. This does seem to be a wharf issue, rather than Autoclassic's. This is pretty standard for all Perth vehicles.

The fact you put your deposit down 11months ago is irrelevant. Yes, you committed to buying a long time ago, but the reality is, you knew you couldn't get it before late last week at the earliest anyway (i.e. after it's been launched). As I said earlier, the real question for the dealer was why your car wasn't in an earlier production run and placed on an earlier ship.

My 2c...
      05-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #27
Steve Brown
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the moderation Dave. On the day I picked up the car I was all forgiveness and light. As I sat there in their luxurious showroom waiting for the little beastie to be raised from the storage basement one of the senior guys decided to explain to me the BMW delivery process. As you aluded too above, it's all subcontracted to Willenius right up too AutoClassic's front door. In spite of my constant dreary moanings over the past month no-one at AC had the initiative to tell me this. And the real bottleneck is at the Kewdale PrizCars who apparently have a 3000 car backlog and are in the process of building new facilities. I just needed an explanation....it's called customer service. But that's all history....I've got my baby now.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #28
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

YAY! Congrats Steve, that's GREAT NEWS Welcome to the club my friend...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #29
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
No worries Steve. As you say, would be nice if they provided some info about it so us anxious customers can get in the information loop! Glad you got your car now, hope you're enjoying it. Another month for me and i'll have mine!
Cheers :drinking:

Oh, and picsorban!!
      05-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #30
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Like they say that is call CUSTOMER SERVICE which unfortunetly is something that is being lost in this country, it is unbelievable the amount of places that you go and there is absolutely no customer service, I really do hope it changes and they realize that having a good customer services will actually mean good business
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #31
Steve Brown
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Picsorban?? I picked the car up then had to go to Singapore next day so I've only been with my baby for about 6 hours in 6 days. Pics coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 04:17 AM   #32
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Glad to hear you've finally got it Steve
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 05:15 AM   #33
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Brown View Post
Picsorban??
Sorry, it's a l33t thing from a lot of other forums i browse. It's a soft threat of put up your pics or get banned, i.e. show us some pics!
      06-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #34
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

BMWDave, you kill me. Sounds like a performanceforums thing
Appreciate 0