BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #89
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
So, hopefully should be joining the N54 club within the fortnight but just have to seal the deal. Want to offer about 8% less than the asking price but not sure how that will go. Any haggling tips would be greatly appreciated - i.e. what are some good reasons to validate a lower price i.e. length of time listed, other ads etc.?

(that said, I dont want to undermine any of those on here selling their 135s though!).
I think anywhere between $52k-$62k is a very reasonable price for a N54 135i in today's market. Yes, theres afew cars dipping below the $52k point but I would avoid the cheapest ones on the market - usually something will go wrong, or the car was in a accident, its to good to be cheap so you get what you pay for.

The 8% rule might be to steep, more like 5%. I know if someone came to me and offered 8% off I'll be thinking they are low-balling rather genuine interests. Then again if the vehicle is considered to be priced towards the higher scale why not try? might be lucky.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #90
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny View Post
I think anywhere between $52k-$62k is a very reasonable price for a N54 135i in today's market. Yes, theres afew cars dipping below the $52k point but I would avoid the cheapest ones on the market - usually something will go wrong, or the car was in a accident, its to good to be cheap so you get what you pay for.

The 8% rule might be to steep, more like 5%. I know if someone came to me and offered 8% off I'll be thinking they are low-balling rather genuine interests. Then again if the vehicle is considered to be priced towards the higher scale why not try? might be lucky.
I am considering 2009 with 28-35,000kms for about 55-57k. Some are asking 58-62k in sydney though quite a number in vic are the 55 mark. Is that unrealistic? I could go to 60k but hey...I need money for mods too!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #91
Honny
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I am considering 2009 with 28-35,000kms for about 55-57k. Some are asking 58-62k in sydney though quite a number in vic are the 55 mark. Is that unrealistic? I could go to 60k but hey...I need money for mods too!!
That sounds about right. Ones closer to $60k are topped with options i'm guessing. However you also have to consider stamp-duty, insurance and other bits and pieces... so if your budget is $60k be sure you don't spend it all on the vehicle itself.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 02:18 AM   #92
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny View Post
That sounds about right. Ones closer to $60k are topped with options i'm guessing. However you also have to consider stamp-duty, insurance and other bits and pieces... so if your budget is $60k be sure you don't spend it all on the vehicle itself.
Actually, some cars with no options and high kms want top dollar while others with loads of options and low kms are much more reasonable - there doesnt appear to be any logic behind many prices.

Btw, thanks for your PM but your inbox is full so I couldnt reply.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 03:49 AM   #93
Honny
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Actually, some cars with no options and high kms want top dollar while others with loads of options and low kms are much more reasonable - there doesnt appear to be any logic behind many prices.

Btw, thanks for your PM but your inbox is full so I couldnt reply.
Sorry mate, didn't realise it was full but its empty now. If the options thing is scattered, I would go with a 135i thats well cared for that way you can sleep at night knowing something wont go wrong!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #94
choppedliver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550ix Pure

Quote:
It does seem that way. When we bought ours there were two identically aged cars, one car had 22000kms and no iDrive ($76K best price), the other 12000kms, full professional satnav idrive for the same price.

Personally I couldn't live without the idrive. The ipod integration works well and the satnav is extremely good.

B
Appreciate 0