BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
BMWRX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 CP

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygilbo View Post
Ah hem!! I think that was my M3 not Craig... No Offense Craig...
I was highly offended when I ran to my garage after reading BMW86's post and didn't find an M3.
      09-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #24
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

not me. for now...my local Shell gas station where i get my V-Power the owner has a M3 DCT ..a beauty... and someone in my family did a mild run with him today.. needless to say the M3 pulled up admiring the 135i and knew something was up with the car when he heard it, saw the diffuser and commented "What the H..ll you got in there ( as we passed him) and said "NICE CAR".....say what you will about the 1 but with my car's AMAZING low end TQ and the JB3 running Map5 on a stock engine is as fast if not faster thN THE M3 .... Having owned cars that need to be wrung out in the upper RPM ranges 6-8000 to get good pulling power for the street I t gets a little annoying after a bit to have to wind her up all the time for the pull...i prefer the power down low where i can use it time and time again and be at a reasonable speed.....on the track the M3 shines as a DD the 135i is amazing. I could not want more power than i have now....it's crazy fast at three quarter throttle at WOT it feels NUTZZZZZ...i bought mine used for less than half the price as a M3...and have never felt like i am missing something.In the future who know's maybe a 1M or a M3 will be my next car..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #25
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Haha Taka, it will be a first if it last that long. I'm hoping so though. I like this car.
That is why I told of my intention of acquisition after YOU take delivery!

I am sure Mrs WAY will make it last longer than ur GT3
      09-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #26
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
I reckon they should do it for free. Look what happened to me....they made a sale. They should'nt just give a "free" advanced driver training course to buyers of M3s. What's the point - other than disappointment that you now have a car that you could'nt possibly explore to it's full potential on the street.

It's Marketing 101 - the up-sell! All 1er and 3er buyers should get a free ADTC in the M3. It creates a yearning which will develop into further sales.

Of course BMW will go on about the costs and yada yada, but you've got to spend a dollar to make two.
Well said, unfortunately BMW think they know what marketing is...

Same goes with loaner cars, BMW should give certain demo cars, to certain owners to get them wanting more! When they give me a 320d, I just want to get out of it and back in to my 135... If they gave me an M3, I'd probably want one!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 02:23 AM   #27
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post

Same goes with loaner cars, BMW should give certain demo cars, to certain owners to get them wanting more! When they give me a 320d, I just want to get out of it and back in to my 135... If they gave me an M3, I'd probably want one!
Sometimes I get a 118i as a loaner.......can't wait to hand it back! The 320i is no better IMHO.

Now on the other hand if they gave out M5 loaners...........

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #28
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
That is why I told of my intention of acquisition after YOU take delivery!

I am sure Mrs WAY will make it last longer than ur GT3
GT3 may not be the most expensive car I've owned nor my first Porsche, but it is a bit of a dream car. Since I was quite young, I've wanted a motorsport inspired Porsche road car (all the old RS and more recently the GT series cars), especially one that comes from the factory with a roll cage. So I think I will keep it for a bit. Would be great if I can keep this for Ollie! Not saying it will be my last Porsche either. If I can, I would love to have a "road" 911 like a Carrera S and a track one in the GT3.

Last edited by WAY; 09-26-2010 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #29
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post

It's who you know. BMW will be happy to loan me any car I want at any time. But I've learned not to do that unless I'm prepared to buy the car as it often happens. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #30
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
I'll be at that too! Come say hi to the guys from Darwin. Sure we'll stand out!
Funny just notice you have a 130 also, so look for the Black 130 with Black OZ's.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 06:03 AM   #31
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
It's who you know. BMW will be happy to loan me any car I want at any time. But I've learned not to do that unless I'm prepared to buy the car as it often happens. Lol.
Of course it's who you know... Actually, it's probably more so how much money you have and your history of purchasing cars. Which it seems you have both boxes ticked
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #32
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Funny just notice you have a 130 also, so look for the Black 130 with Black OZ's.
Will definitely come say hi! Would be good to meet someone from the forums. Miss out on all the drives being up here!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #33
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Will definitely come say hi! Would be good to meet someone from the forums. Miss out on all the drives being up here!
Another way to spot me will be the scares and limp after coming a cropper off my mtb on Satuday LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
GT3 may not be the most expensive car I've owned nor my first Porsche, but it is a bit of a dream car. Since I was quite young, I've wanted a motorsport inspired Porsche road car (all the old RS and more recently the GT series cars), especially one that comes from the factory with a roll cage. So I think I will keep it for a bit. Would be great if I can keep this for Ollie! Not saying it will be my last Porsche either. If I can, I would love to have a "road" 911 like a Carrera S and a track one in the GT3.

WAY was the spyder any good? i am seriously weighing one of them up as a weekend / track car in the next 12 months. On paper they look extremely fast.

congrats on the GT3, that is the ultimate, one day i will own one of those, they hold their value really well too,
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 11:23 PM   #35
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Another way to spot me will be the scares and limp after coming a cropper off my mtb on Satuday LOL
I'll come looking for the limping scared man in the 130i. But please don't freak out when a dark skinned kid comes at you calling you Blacky!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 05:19 AM   #36
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
WAY was the spyder any good? i am seriously weighing one of them up as a weekend / track car in the next 12 months. On paper they look extremely fast.

congrats on the GT3, that is the ultimate, one day i will own one of those, they hold their value really well too,
Spyder is a great little car. It handles very very well, turn in is very sharp, and surprisingly doesn't ride that badly. It's a great b-road twisty car, as it is able to absorb all the bumps and keep the black stuff connected to the road. Power is ok, but if you are used to low end torque of a 135i, you will not be impressed by the engine until you hit 5000+rpm. Great little car though, and I think it is the best value car in the Porsche line up. But on the other hand, if you can stretch double the price, the GT3 is the best value road going race car out there bar none. GTRs may be quick, but they are all suffering from issues of track reliability so they are far from being engineered as a race car. Nothing beats a GT series Porsche in that department!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #37
fastcars
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I've got the use of an M3 Coupe for a week whilst I am in Germany in a week's time :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #38
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

quote=I've got the use of an M3 Coupe for a week whilst I am in Germany in a week's time :-)

You suck and must post pics or it didn't happen, where in germany as it makes a big difference, that will be alot of fun

[quote=WAY;8072926], if you can stretch double the price, the GT3 is the best value road going race car out there bar none. /quote]

i can't stretch to double, but i am lookng at importing a 997 GT3 from california and converting it to RHD for similar money.
Appreciate 0