BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #133
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
I have a question about how long it usually takes to receive a production number...

I placed my deposit for my 135i in mid March (March 8, 08), and I called yesterday (June 19, 08) to ask my CA if I had a production number yet. His response was "That he still had 3 people in front of me waiting for allocations from his dealership" ...... ok, so question time.

What the usual wait time from placing the deposit to receiving a production number? And does anything I have said sound.... abnormal?
If your dealer has allocations, you should recieve a production number immediately. I suggest looking around to another dealer who has allocations
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #134
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, I paid full MSRP. Or will when/if I ever get my car.

I was told 8-12 weeks, Here I sit and week 16 and not even a Production Number. I guess I'll just have to eat the $500 deposit and go to an other dealership if I'm going to have a chance of getting my 1'er before the summers out.

Just sucks because I feel like I've wasted 16 weeks when I could have got 2 cars produced and delivered in the time I've waited...

Not to mention $500...
get your $500 back, they can't keep it. It was to go towards a car, you're not getting a car, so get it back
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #135
Severious
Private
Rep
Drives:

Cancelled the order, and they are mailing my check back to me.

Problem Solved, apparently they never even cashed the check and placed my order. I don't understand it, and it makes no sense why someone wouldn't want to sell a car.

But for anyone living in NC and wondering, don't order a new car from Leith BMW in Raleigh. You'll be waiting forever to get your car if your experience is anything like mine.

And thanks Dave for the help!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #136
Severious
Private
Rep
Drives:

Just to update: I already have re-ordered (different dealership of course), did it this afternoon, and I have a production number which I got before I left the dealership.

135i manual, SGM, Black Boston Leather, Walnut trim. Sport Package, Cold weather, Premium sound, ipod/usb, and I got them to through in the security system to boot...

Thanks too all for the support, and now the real wait starts...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 03:37 AM   #137
wlemms
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Would it be possible to get an interrior that isn't leather or leatherette?

Like some of the things listed on this site. ie: fabric interior and other trim options?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html

I'm totally down for a unique one of a kind coupé.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 07:30 AM   #138
lucas37
Rep
Drives:

i see all these "horror" stories about people waiting for their cars. i was told at the dealership that the car would be 112 status immediately, so i traded in my vehicle (to get the max value). now i'm w/out a car (i only live 1/2 mile from work) and my production is 111 status. the salesman told me i'd be 112 by monday; if i'm not, how long should i wait before i start to panic?!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #139
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just to update: I already have re-ordered (different dealership of course), did it this afternoon, and I have a production number which I got before I left the dealership.

135i manual, SGM, Black Boston Leather, Walnut trim. Sport Package, Cold weather, Premium sound, ipod/usb, and I got them to through in the security system to boot...

Thanks too all for the support, and now the real wait starts...
congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #140
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlemms View Post
Would it be possible to get an interrior that isn't leather or leatherette?

Like some of the things listed on this site. ie: fabric interior and other trim options?

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html

I'm totally down for a unique one of a kind coupé.
probably not at this point. There have been cases where people could do special orders, although I have not been successful in pushing any through myself
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #141
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas37 View Post
i see all these "horror" stories about people waiting for their cars. i was told at the dealership that the car would be 112 status immediately, so i traded in my vehicle (to get the max value). now i'm w/out a car (i only live 1/2 mile from work) and my production is 111 status. the salesman told me i'd be 112 by monday; if i'm not, how long should i wait before i start to panic?!
my guess he going by the production week. within a few days you can get a fairly good idea of when a car will go from 111 to 112. I would ask him what week you are
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #142
lucas37
Rep
Drives:

i'm planning on getting a house w/my girlfriend; how bad/good of an idea is it to trade in my vehicle and start a 36 month lease? i'm getting my 135i regardless, but want to know if i've just hurt myself in the house-buying!?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #143
dominii
Rep
Drives:

I ordered my 128 the last day of April (30th). The dealer told me '6-8 weeks'

It's now been 7 weeks and 2 days. I did get my production number about 2 weeks ago. However, it still says "Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date" according to BMWUSA's phone number (following the instructions from the ultimate delivery/tracking post). So my car isn't in production yet. From what I gather, it will be at least 4 weeks from production scheduling to delivery (I'm picking it up in SC).

With my options, my 128i comes to a total of $34,500 MSRP. I'm leasing at $4K down + 383(inc tax) a month. 12K miles/yr, 24-month lease.

1) Did I get a good deal
2) Should I be able to get anything out of the dealer for giving me such bad service? And if so, whats reasonable to get? (keychain? tinting? some kind of idea on price)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #144
EmeraldRx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Wow, I didnt realize there were so many horror stories out there. I bought my car Memorial Day Weekend. They held back placing the order because I can't take the car befor Aug. 24 anyway. My car is already En Route.
Shawn

1987 Corvette Convertible-29k mi
1989 Bronco Eddie Bauer
2008 Nissan Armada (wifes)
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #145
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas37 View Post
i'm planning on getting a house w/my girlfriend; how bad/good of an idea is it to trade in my vehicle and start a 36 month lease? i'm getting my 135i regardless, but want to know if i've just hurt myself in the house-buying!?
well, I would probably ask that question to your bank. My thought would be that it probably is not beneficial to add more debt just before a home purchase
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #146
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominii View Post
I ordered my 128 the last day of April (30th). The dealer told me '6-8 weeks'

It's now been 7 weeks and 2 days. I did get my production number about 2 weeks ago. However, it still says "Scheduled for production with no confirmed production date" according to BMWUSA's phone number (following the instructions from the ultimate delivery/tracking post). So my car isn't in production yet. From what I gather, it will be at least 4 weeks from production scheduling to delivery (I'm picking it up in SC).

With my options, my 128i comes to a total of $34,500 MSRP. I'm leasing at $4K down + 383(inc tax) a month. 12K miles/yr, 24-month lease.

1) Did I get a good deal
2) Should I be able to get anything out of the dealer for giving me such bad service? And if so, whats reasonable to get? (keychain? tinting? some kind of idea on price)

Thanks
Hate to break it to you, but if your car still hasn't gone into production, you are not gonna see for 7 weeks or so. When they sold you the car, they probably did not have an allocation.
as for your questions:
  1. I'm not going to judge that. For some people $500 off msrp is good deal, others $2k. Only you can make that call.
  2. Bad service? Well, I would personally ask to speak to the sales manager & explain to him/her your concern. That you were originally told 7-8 weeks for delivery & it clearly has not been that. I think if you start a reasonable dialogue with him, you will be more likely to come to a good agreement, whatever it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #147
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Some of you guys are cracking me up with what you deem as horror stories

A horror story is when you get the news your son/daughter has been killed in Iraq; your wife ran off with...another women; your best friend has cancer...

Just chill a little and try to use a little logical thought

Call
      06-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #148
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Some of you guys are cracking me up with what you deem as horror stories

A horror story is when you get the news your son/daughter has been killed in Iraq; your wife ran off with...another women; your best friend has cancer...

Just chill a little and try to use a little logical thought

Call
my dog left me for the family cat....
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #149
reynard082
Rep
Drives:

One more question. For a PDC Delivery, I'm ordering floor mats. The dealer sent the form down to SC to order them. My CA told me that I pay for them at the PDC. I talked to a few other people and they said pay for them at the dealer. Which one should I believe before I take delivery next week?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #150
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard082 View Post
One more question. For a PDC Delivery, I'm ordering floor mats. The dealer sent the form down to SC to order them. My CA told me that I pay for them at the PDC. I talked to a few other people and they said pay for them at the dealer. Which one should I believe before I take delivery next week?
It really shouldn't matter, I think you can do it either way. Most of my pcd clients are from my area, so I just gave them the mats
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #151
Larry_Legend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thanks for all the info.

It seems no one at Freehold BMW knows about the policy. I am just worried about my wheels really, as people say with the low profile tires comes wheel damage. I have been real careful thus far and although have gone over some potholes (not real big ones), I have to think that these wheels can handle a hole in the road so long as I'm not travelling at a ridiculous speed.

Now, if I were going 90 mph and hit the grand canyon, ok. But travelling 40 mph and going over a small-medium crack in the road, I'd have to think it could handle it.

The guy there said the old insurance carrier would only replace a wheel if it wouldn't hold any air? sounds pretty severe. If they are only going to cover that, I might pass since I haven't done that yet (knock on wood) and if I do that kind of damage, perhaps the repair cost will serve as penance for my foolish driving habits.

I'd also have to think that any star in the windshield that's in my line of vision, and consequently would cause the vehicle to fail inspection, would also need to get replaced.

Nonetheless, are there any limits on the number of wheels/windshields that can be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
As was explained to me:
  • it will cover any tires you have on the car
  • Depends how big the pit/ star is. if something simple to fix they will, otherwise replace
  • bent wheel are replaced (unless used for racing or something other) there is also some gray area on rims for aftermarket rims, those may not get covered
  • Our warranty sets it so you pay upfront, and then get reimbursed
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #152
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Legend View Post
Thanks for all the info.

It seems no one at Freehold BMW knows about the policy. I am just worried about my wheels really, as people say with the low profile tires comes wheel damage. I have been real careful thus far and although have gone over some potholes (not real big ones), I have to think that these wheels can handle a hole in the road so long as I'm not travelling at a ridiculous speed.

Now, if I were going 90 mph and hit the grand canyon, ok. But travelling 40 mph and going over a small-medium crack in the road, I'd have to think it could handle it.

The guy there said the old insurance carrier would only replace a wheel if it wouldn't hold any air? sounds pretty severe. If they are only going to cover that, I might pass since I haven't done that yet (knock on wood) and if I do that kind of damage, perhaps the repair cost will serve as penance for my foolish driving habits.

I'd also have to think that any star in the windshield that's in my line of vision, and consequently would cause the vehicle to fail inspection, would also need to get replaced.

Nonetheless, are there any limits on the number of wheels/windshields that can be replaced?
not that I know of, but let me verify
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #153
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynard082 View Post
I thought I read on Bimmerfest that the parts have to be paid PRIOR to the pick up. The guy who posted it works at the Performance Center.

EDIT: Here's the post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...50&postcount=4

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #154
imported_KendallOne
Rep
Drives:

Need help please

In May when I ordered my 135i, the CA gave me a price on my trade-in. Because it is an SUV, his amount was approximately 6K from the Blue Book.
On top of that, he advised they would have to reasses the vehicle once my 135i had arrived.
I now have about 4 thousand more miles on my trade-in and my 135i is approximately 3 weeks out.
I believe I can get at least what the dealership is going to give me if I sell it on my own..........I'm afraid they will try to give me less than initially valued in May and I can't take less.

1 Shouldn't the CA be able to give me an accurate number now ??

2. Do you think the dealer would lose the sale if I refused to take less ?

Thank you for your advice
Blackette
Glacier Trim
MT

Ordered May 19
Arriving July 9
Appreciate 0