BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
ODU135
College Student
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BSM 135i 6MT

MHD connection issues: Need help

Hey all, I'm having issues connecting my car to MHD. I have downloaded the app on my samsung galaxy s3. Im using an OTG usb cord I bought at radioshack as well as an amazon D+kan cable.

For whatever reason, My android phone will not connect to USB well. when I plug in the USB OTG cable only to the port on the phone, it flickers between "USB connected" and "USB disconnected" constantly. I dont know if this is my phones charging port that is messed up or the OTG cord.

Additionally MHD says there is so cable detected. even though my D+kan cable is from amazon, it works on my laptop with inpa and connects to my car no problem. its also a green board and lights up when plugged in no problems.

Do you guys think I have bad cords or my samsung s3 has a bad/damaged charging port that is causing it to constantly disconnect/connect and make MHD not able to detect my cord?

Is my OTG cord disconnecting and connecting a sign of my phone having a bad port or the OTG cord being bad? Thanks
      03-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
time for some basic troubleshooting here- so, first question is phone or otg cable? easy-peasy, use the otg cable to connect to another usb peripheral- external drive or something and see if the disconnect/reconnect symptom is still present. Then grab a different phone or tablet & try connecting to the DME. Which ever fails will give you a path to follow.
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

You need a higher quality OTG cable, it also could be the microUSB port on your phone. Try to clean it out with a brush and some 99% isopropyl alcohol.