BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

P3 Vent

Hi guys - before I start off, hope everyone is enjoying the New Year/Christmas season and holidays. I know I am - P3 Vent arrived in the mail - today

Was debating whether to just post at the end of the group buy thread started by BMW86, but that was under commercial sales, so just thought I'd start a new thread.

Anyway, for the DIY re the P3 vent, it seems very easy to just thread the boost line through and tap it into the line not far from the exit under the hood. For us RHD folks, that means we have to actually go across to the passenger side with the line. Anyone care to explain to me the path under the boot you have placed the boost line? Where did you ziptie it to/or to what? I'm just a bit hesitant to place it against anything that may cause issues with the line. This may seem like a real beginner's question, as I know many of you have already done this mod, but yeah, bear with me

Ah yeah, and I did but came up with not too much. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
Newby
1Mtech
Rep
Drives: BMW

I went across the firewall inside car, where the loom runs, and punched a hole in the yellow "plug/ cover" (would be where steering column is if it were lhd) and ran it up the inner wheel tub and T'd it into the bov vacuum lines.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Thanks guys - good to know there's a couple of ways to get this done - cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Punch through the rubber firewall under the steering, thread it through th brake servo area, then over the engine wiring harness, securing with cable ties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
I went across the firewall inside car, where the loom runs, and punched a hole in the yellow "plug/ cover" (would be where steering column is if it were lhd) and ran it up the inner wheel tub and T'd it into the bov vacuum lines.
There's no one way to do it but I find this way the cleanest installation.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Thats what I did too, never had a problem with it

2011 BMW M3 - Mineral White - VF620 Supercharger - Gintani Sport Valved Exhaust - Harrop BBK - Arykym Front lip and Diffuser - KW Sleeve over kit - Forgestar CF5V Wheels
2009 BMW 135i - Space Grey - 11.841 @ 117.81mph - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

A pic means a million words - thanks

With regards to the dimmer, do you tap all 3 cables or just 1 of the cables on the trunk pop switch line?

Nearly finished
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #7
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Thanks - I just tapped one grey one (the other ones are red and another grey one) and nothing has blown up yet! Case closed - thanks heaps guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #8
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatron View Post
Thanks - I just tapped one grey one (the other ones are red and another grey one) and nothing has blown up yet! Case closed - thanks heaps guys!
There should be a grey one with a green twist in it. Toggle lights on and off to test P3 dims.
Yep good idea - works like a charm. Thanks heaps for the help

I don't know how u guys can sort it out in a half hour - it took me way way longer than that. Least it's working. Thanks once again!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

So after 2 days of enjoying the gauge, it has stopped working! any ideas anyone? The display just doesn't light up anymore - nothing. I'm tempted to pull it out and recheck connections but thought I'd post just in case I am missing something right under my nose. TIA!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatron View Post
So after 2 days of enjoying the gauge, it has stopped working! any ideas anyone? The display just doesn't light up anymore - nothing. I'm tempted to pull it out and recheck connections but thought I'd post just in case I am missing something right under my nose. TIA!
Mine has don that a few times. Turn the ignition off, unplug the P3 from the OBD2 port, reconnect.
Thanks Ian - just tried that and it's working again. Bit of a PIA if it happens every now and then. But I guess it it what it is. Cheers.
Appreciate 0