BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-29-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
BimmerE82
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i Sport package

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [7.00]
Looking to purchase new slotted and drilled rotors.

Anyone have a good brand of aftermarket slotted and drilled rotors that they recommend. Looking to change out my OEM rotors when I do my brakes. I'd like to get the slotted & drilled type unless somebody recommends another type?
      03-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
owen2001
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerE82 View Post
Anyone have a good brand of aftermarket slotted and drilled rotors that they recommend. Looking to change out my OEM rotors when I do my brakes. I'd like to get the slotted & drilled type unless somebody recommends another type?
I think the slotted/drilled rotors look incredible on the 1 series. If you're going to switch your rotors, definitely go w/ these. IMO, it's a huge improvement over the stock smooth rotors and changes the look for the better.

The oem BMW slotted/drilled fronts are about $500/pr. at ECS. The oem rears are only dimpled/slotted (not drilled) and they go for about $300/pr. I haven't used any other aftermarket rotors, but I can see why you'd want to go that route. ECS carries their own brand of slotted/drilled rotors, but they only have the rears on their site. But they're half price compared to the oem ones.

Can't wait to see some pix of the new rotors whenever you get around to changing them out.

Here's a close-up of my fronts:

2013 Jet Black 135is | 6MT | Coupe | #381/586

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
BimmerE82
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i Sport package

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owen2001 View Post
I think the slotted/drilled rotors look incredible on the 1 series. If you're going to switch your rotors, definitely go w/ these. IMO, it's a huge improvement over the stock smooth rotors and changes the look for the better.

The oem BMW slotted/drilled fronts are about $500/pr. at ECS. The oem rears are only dimpled/slotted (not drilled) and they go for about $300/pr. I haven't used any other aftermarket rotors, but I can see why you'd want to go that route. ECS carries their own brand of slotted/drilled rotors, but they only have the rears on their site. But they're half price compared to the oem ones.

Can't wait to see some pix of the new rotors whenever you get around to changing them out.

Here's a close-up of my fronts:

Awesome! Thanks for the info but....yeah, I think I'll go aftermarket because I'm not looking to spend that kind of cash on rotors. I was thinking more like less than $200.00 a pair. Your car looks sweet!! thanks for posting the photos! Can't wait to change mine out!!!!