BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #1
Surg_Capt_R
Brigadier General
Bermuda
Rep
Drives: F80 - M:- CP

Permanently Deleting Account- How To?

Who can I contact to permanently delete my account?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37psi View Post

Thanks
Why do you want to disappear my friend ?
      01-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #3
Surg_Capt_R
Brigadier General
Bermuda
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Why do you want to disappear my friend ?
Philippe, I have been contemplating it for some time and have signed up for some voluntary work. I will be teaching children abroad in developing countries. There will be no internet access where I go I am told. It will be a year away. During which I wouldn't want to leave my account inactive. If I cannot monitor it then I would rather delete it and sign up again upon my return.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
Philippe, I have been contemplating it for some time and have signed up for some voluntary work. I will be teaching children abroad in developing countries. There will be no internet access where I go I am told. It will be a year away. During which I wouldn't want to leave my account inactive. If I cannot monitor it then I would rather delete it and sign up again upon my return.
Call the mods some nasty names or post some nude pictures. That will probably get your account close.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"

Last edited by SakhirM4; 01-20-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Appreciate 2
ItsGary334.50

01-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #5
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Or just send a PM to Artemis or one of the other mods listed in color at the bottom of the BMW M2 Forum home page: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2018, 02:45 AM   #6
Surg_Capt_R
Brigadier General
Bermuda
Rep

Shame there is no temporary disable feature.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
No one
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Call the mods some nasty names or post some nude pictures. That will probably get your account close.
Why them? It should be the same if he calls you some nasty names, posts some nude pictures of you (claiming it's you) and you report that using the triangle button. It's just they won't necessarily delete the account permanently, they might rather disable/ban it for a while: a usual practice on other forums but I've never noticed it here (people seem to behave themselves) . The correct way should be contacting moderators directly, clearly and politely.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:04 PM   #8
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
I have respect for your work , and I wish you the best of luck !
      01-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #9
No one
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Shame there is no temporary disable feature.
What would you expect from it? To defend your account from breaking into use a secure password (a UUID or something) - just don't forget it yourself. Remove all your personal information. To avoid unanswered Private Messages disable them in the account settings. Use the signature to inform those interested you are away.

And incidentally, a permanent deletion might/should expose the account name for reuse (pick up by another person).

Last edited by No one; 01-20-2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added a consideration.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 03:23 PM   #10
cxp213
@cxp213 - track junkie
Rep
Drives: M235i

This forum is using vBulletin; There's a way to make you invisible. As a former admin of another board, I was always against permanent deletion of anything, not only due to loss of content but it can also throw off other things. Many larger forums also have policies regarding mass-deletions, but don't know how it is here.

Honestly, I'm not sure what you're concerned about but maybe you posted stuff you now want to hide..
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2018, 03:35 PM   #11
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4MC; E92 M3

^whs.
I was also an admin and we never deleted things.
It can really mess up the flow in threads especially since you have been an active member.

Plus all posts where you have been quoted, will still remain.

You can do a few things like turn off PMs etc so that you don't have to worry about monitoring things...

Ping an admin and I'm sure they can help you set things up.

01-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #12
Surg_Capt_R
Brigadier General
Bermuda
Rep

Fine. I will disable a few things.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
ItsGary
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
This forum is using vBulletin; There's a way to make you invisible. As a former admin of another board, I was always against permanent deletion of anything, not only due to loss of content but it can also throw off other things. Many larger forums also have policies regarding mass-deletions, but don't know how it is here.

Honestly, I'm not sure what you're concerned about but maybe you posted stuff you now want to hide..
a few forums I've been on don't delete content when banned. You just get put into a usergroup that doesn't allow access to anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #14
Surg_Capt_R
Brigadier General
Bermuda
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post

a few forums I've been on don't delete content when banned. You just get put into a usergroup that doesn't allow access to anything.
I never said anything about deleting my posts but anyhow...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #15
cxp213
@cxp213 - track junkie
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
My forum only deleted if it was spam and the account was banned. Otherwise, we just did what you said. Regardless, I was just posting in response to OP wanting to get his account deleted.

Quote:
I never said anything about deleting my posts but anyhow...
What do you think deleting your account means..? If you're simply talking about disabling an account so that nobody can ever log in, then that's better than deleting an account and definitely doable.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #16
Mark
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Truth is if you stop using your account and it is truly dormant after an extended amount of time, we automatically disable the account. Practically speaking, we've found alot of people say they want to delete their account but then come back after a month or two or 6 asking/begging us to 'restore' their account. For this reason we let members just walk away from their account. If they truly disappear after a long period of time, then it gets disabled

Hope this helps
      01-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #17
Surg_Capt_R
Brigadier General
Bermuda
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Truth is if you stop using your account and it is truly dormant after an extended amount of time, we automatically disable the account. Practically speaking, we've found alot of people say they want to delete their account but then come back after a month or two or 6 asking/begging us to 'restore' their account. For this reason we let members just walk away from their account. If they truly disappear after a long period of time, then it gets disabled

Hope this helps
Thanks
Appreciate 0