BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #23
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tthew View Post
I'm rolling on stock until I have the cash for some good, authentic wheels, either BBS or DPE. Really I don't have a huge problem with reps, but don't be rolling on fake CSL's and act like you're "above" vinyl eyelids and that plastic is the way to go. I've said it before-the only "real" eyelids are a boser and you're paying $1200+ for that.
And why is that? CSL reps look like nice wheels. Vinyl eyelids look like an experiment with electrical tape.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #24
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed 2.0 View Post
And why is that? CSL reps look like nice wheels. Vinyl eyelids look like an experiment with electrical tape.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #25
m4tthew
Rep
Drives: On the Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed 2.0 View Post
IMO reps look cheap (I had a set of LM reps and they looked god awful after a couple months), but to each his own, like I said I don't have a huge problem with em but don't roll on reps then shoot down vinyl as cheapo and "real" FRP eyelids as looking un-cheap. I think ABS or fiberglass eyelids look like botox on the forehead of a Victoria's Secret model whereas vinyls are like seeing them with some well done makeup. Would I marry it? No. Would I fuck it? Sure as shit. If done properly they look just like a factory matte topped headlight.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #26
tennistodd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 alpine white M2 LCI

Quote:
IMO reps look cheap (I had a set of LM reps and they looked god awful after a couple months), but to each his own, like I said I don't have a huge problem with em but don't roll on reps then shoot down vinyl as cheapo and "real" FRP eyelids as looking un-cheap. I think ABS or fiberglass eyelids look like botox on the forehead of a Victoria's Secret model whereas vinyls are like seeing them with some well done makeup. Would I marry it? No. Would I fuck it? Sure as shit. If done properly they look just like a factory matte topped headlight.
I'd Fuck it too
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #27
fmxomar
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

Quote:
CSL reps look cheap really ?
there is not difference in appearance the OEM stock csl and VMR rep csl so you obviously you must have had some shitty knockoff lm's.
vmr wheels are produced in the same factory as WORK. bet you didnt know that.

ps. eyelids are tacky imo
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #28
m4tthew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmxomar View Post
CSL reps look cheap really ?
there is not difference in appearance the OEM stock csl and VMR rep csl so you obviously you must have had some shitty knockoff lm's.
vmr wheels are produced in the same factory as WORK. bet you didnt know that.

ps. eyelids are tacky imo
Bet you didn't know that I don't give two pubes off my own balls where they're made . Also I would like to see proof of that statement, especially considering all Work wheels (Volk, Work, etc.) are made in house and I highly doubt they are outsourcing their services to make replica wheels, far too much liability. And there is a visible difference, put the two side by side and I'll tell you the reps any day.

Regardless, to me it's the same thing as those women who carry replica handbags and douchers who wear fake Rolex's and Oakleys. I work in sales and probably once a week I'll have some wanna-be hot shot mom come in with one of those fake DB giraffe print bags then complain about our prices and pay with a Capital One card. I'd rather be motorboating a pair of B cups than some honkin fakies, at least until I find some nice big C's or D's to play with.

In case you do not understand the above metaphor, B cups are stockers, C's represent a set of BBS, D's would be a nice set of HRE's and silicone=reps.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #29
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Bet you didn't know that I don't give two pubes off my own balls where they're made . Also I would like to see proof of that statement, especially considering all Work wheels (Volk, Work, etc.) are made in house and I highly doubt they are outsourcing their services to make replica wheels, far too much liability. And there is a visible difference, put the two side by side and I'll tell you the reps any day.

Regardless, to me it's the same thing as those women who carry replica handbags and douchers who wear fake Rolex's and Oakleys. I work in sales and probably once a week I'll have some wanna-be hot shot mom come in with one of those fake DB giraffe print bags then complain about our prices and pay with a Capital One card. I'd rather be motorboating a pair of B cups than some honkin fakies, at least until I find some nice big C's or D's to play with.

In case you do not understand the above metaphor, B cups are stockers, C's represent a set of BBS, D's would be a nice set of HRE's and silicone=reps.
Man, you sure do talk alot of shit for someone who just joined.

I suppose, though, for the sake of authenticity, that we should all pony up for "real" CSLs (or other wheels)...even though the fitment is so poor that the rear tires stick out farther than fake breasts (to follow your analogy).

The rim market for this car is bleak. Getting anything truly decent (by your standards) requires going custom. And since this is the "cheap" BMW, not all of us want to pay $7,000 for rims.

Why don't you drop the superiority act? Do you not realize that by talkin all this shit without anything to back it up, you're the very thing that you're railing against?

I know you're better than all of us, so maybe you should just start your own website. Nobody here wants to argue about something as stupid as your idea of what's right and proper as it relates to the female anatomy.

Say, why are you posting on this forum...after all, the 1 series is just a wannabe clone of the 3 series, right? I would have thought you could spot that.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #30
m4tthew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
Man, you sure do talk alot of shit for someone who just joined.

I suppose, though, for the sake of authenticity, that we should all pony up for "real" CSLs (or other wheels)...even though the fitment is so poor that the rear tires stick out farther than fake breasts (to follow your analogy).

The rim market for this car is bleak. Getting anything truly decent (by your standards) requires going custom. And since this is the "cheap" BMW, not all of us want to pay $7,000 for rims.

Why don't you drop the superiority act? Do you not realize that by talkin all this shit without anything to back it up, you're the very thing that you're railing against?

I know you're better than all of us, so maybe you should just start your own website. Nobody here wants to argue about something as stupid as your idea of what's right and proper as it relates to the female anatomy.

Say, why are you posting on this forum...after all, the 1 series is just a wannabe clone of the 3 series, right? I would have thought you could spot that.
Oh, so voicing my opinion against the majority in this thread (and apparently on this site) is talking shit? How about everyone who is legitimately talking shit saying that this guy's vinyl eyelids "suck" or "look like shit"? I guess it's ok since ya'll have been on the site for such a looong time. Almost your year anniversary!

How would I go about backing up my opinion? Please tell me how that is possible and I'd be glad to . And how am I railing against myself? I don't rock reps or eyelids. I don't expect people to rock real CSL's, I just don't think people should be rolling on reps either. "Real" wheels aren't $7k, try $1200 for some OZ's or $3500 for some custom Work's.

And maybe YOU don't want to talk about the female anatomy, but my guess would be most people on this site are more interested in it than cars, if not it's probably a close second. Discussion is what the site is here for isn't it? Comparing ideas and opinions? You seem to think my posts are pointless and a waste of everyone's time, but alas you posted a response did you not?

I chose a 1 because it's faster and nimbler than a 335, if you bought it because it's the "cheap" BMW then you're buying a car for all the wrong reasons. Oh and you're argument about not wanting to spend $5k for the real thing is the same argument that people wearing fake Breitling's and Ray Ban's use. Bet you'd laugh in their face if they tried to use that one on you.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:

I love you.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #32
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Where's an admin when you need one?
      07-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #33
m4tthew
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
Where's an admin when you need one?
Agreed, we need to get these jokers out of here
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #34
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, we need to get these jokers out of here
I just think it went OT for too long like it often does here.
      07-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #35
Chris_B
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2016 M235i

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
hi. so like ive said before the headlights are just my little experiment.

the tail lights and possibly the third brake light is what i would hope you guys focus on when looking at the car.

There are also Full smoke taillight vinyls available.

and as for the headlights, i'm going to be getting smoked blinkers and removing that little strip of vinyl so as soon as i have those put on i will take pictures for you guys.

btw what do you guys think of the third brakelight? any idea? maybe smoke black or super gloss black to match with the car?
Instagram @project_kristi
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #36
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep

Cool. Keep us posted. I would love a lower cost alternative to the smoked Ambergones that are currently available at an incredibly inflated price.
      08-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #37
Chris_B
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2016 M235i

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Just wanted to keep this updated.
I haven't gotten a call back from Bluebatmobile for the smoked headlight blinkers yet.
If I'm not able to get them, install them and have the pictures up by today i will have them up a.s.a.p!
Instagram @project_kristi
Appreciate 0