BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-18-2008, 05:15 AM   #23
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

Hmm...haven't really thought about this before. I've had the car 3 months now but bar one blasted scratch on the front bumper (tiny) paint's in good nick. Some bastard bird shat on the roof when I was away for the weekend and I think the paint's permanently damaged.

So, any time limit on getting something like this? Or if I pay a company (the steak dinner in Essex sounds tempting, I can visit a friend!) will they make sure it's grease-free etc regardless of age?
      07-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #24
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

I would advise getting the car professionally valetted prior to application. You will probably end up with an even better finish than if the dealer applied when new.

I am always shocked at the state of a cars paintwork when brand new. The day I got my new car I spent 3-4 hours getting the paintwork up to scratch (so to speak).

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #25
greyvents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

ok, just in case any of you are interested in how im finding it....

the superguard has been on the car for over 2 weeks now and the car seems to look cleaner for longer. i guess the water flows off it better and takes more of the dirt away!?
      07-30-2008, 02:52 AM   #26
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

I am getting mine done this Saturday, they are going to valet it first. Will let you know how it goes.
      07-30-2008, 03:12 AM   #27
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

whats the difference between super guard and AGlaze?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:51 AM   #28
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Pass
      08-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #29
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok, had the Superguard done on Saturday and the wheels done at the same time. Mightily impressed. Got caught out in a major shower on the return journey and noticed that when the car was parked mud was sprayed up the left wheel arches and over what was a very shiny car. Sun came out a few hours later, the car dried off and I took it for a spin. When I returned i couldn't see the mud anywhere, it had simply dropped off! There was no residue left either. Been advised not to wash the car for a week so the Superguard can completely dry out. If it keeps in this good condition i don't think I'll bother for a few weeks.

Praise must go to New Again at Chelmsford, Keiran and his team did an excellent job, worth every penny.:smile:
      08-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #30
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

I shall be booking mine in today then. Will get it done the week after I pick the car up next month
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #31
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Be prepared to wait 5 hours for it to be complete. My Mrs dragged me shopping , don't think i've ever been so bored
      08-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #32
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

My cunning plan to avoid the wait is scheduling to coincide with my brother coming up to see the car and also watch the Liverpool v Man U match as he doesn't have Sky Sports at the moment.

Get it up to Chelmsford bright and early, back home in my bro's car, watch the footy, pick the car up mid/late afternoon then give him the chance to have a bit of a test drive
Appreciate 0