BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-19-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

Modifications & sat radio

When is it too late to make a change to the order? I have not submitted my PO yet, but I do have a production number (production not scheduled yet). I did seach for this as I'm sure this question has been answered before but couldn't find any info. My dealer says I can't change but I suspect this isn't true, I haven't challenged him on this yet. OC says "On Order"

Also, is satellite radio something the dealer can install? On the BMWUSA site it appears so - but it is $100 cheaper under the "accessories" section and it says it requires a prewire. I assume it is cheaper as the "option" section includes installation at the factory, VPC, or dealer (who installs it?). I want to make sure they don't just install a portable unit into the dash like the dealer installed nav system. Also, since I have iDrive, I assume I'm prewired.

I am asking because although I don't want it, if I sell it I want to be able to tell a buyer that they can add it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by john970 View Post
When is it too late to make a change to the order? ... OC says "On Order"
You can make a change until your order reaches status 150, or "In Production". The OC is reporting that you are status 111, or "Scheduled for Production", and there is an interim status 112, or "Scheduled for Production". Once you hit 112, production is imminent, so changes could literally be locked out at any time. When your car enters production, the status will be 150, or "Production Started", but OC will still report "Scheduled for Production" until it is complete and "Awaiting Transport".

The OC is about 2 days behind reality, and everyone so far has entered production ahead of their scheduled build week, so bear that in mind. Your CA has access to near-real-time information, as do the 800# live operators.

My understanding is that the dealer-installed sat radio option is integrated and not a stand-alone, velcro-to-the-dash type, but I'd defer to someone with real world experience on that question. :smile:
Appreciate 0