United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
Congrats Einser !

Please tell us if you notice any turbo lag due to the increased FMIC capacity
i read on possible throttle and lag issues, but drove it last night, no lag that i noticed and a friend drove it too, no lag that he noticed. theres nothing to feel extra from a dig and down low but as you ramp up rpms and speed you can DEFINITELY tell the new FMIC at work. i do have a few bolt ons and a tune also, anxiously waiting for COBB to release the stage 1 plus map to make use of the FMIC
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
i read on possible throttle and lag issues, but drove it last night, no lag that i noticed and a friend drove it too, no lag that he noticed. theres nothing to feel extra from a dig and down low but as you ramp up rpms and speed you can DEFINITELY tell the new FMIC at work. i do have a few bolt ons and a tune also, anxiously waiting for COBB to release the stage 1 plus map to make use of the FMIC
I guess you now need catless DP's, along with the already installed N55 mid I guess that's faster turbo spool altogether

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
I guess you now need catless DP's, along with the already installed N55 mid I guess that's faster turbo spool altogether
i had the DPs in my hand but went against the idea of bad gas smell and error codes and my exhaust being even louder, the meisterschaft is thunderous as it already, you're right the n55 mids help with all that already
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #27
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito1702 View Post
Is the Wagner bar and plate construction? I read another post where the Helix guys were ragging on Wagner for copying their design concept and saying the construction was inferior tube and fin.
Yep, we were, and now they've come over to our bar and plate design. It's looking more and more like the Helix intercooler. As long as they're selling them out of Europe, there's not a lot we can do about it, I think. I'll have to check on that.

In the mean time, we'll keep innovating, like using the bull-nosed bars, both on the face and in the core to optimize flow and reduce pressure drop. We can also thermal coat the coolers. There's a GB going on at E90post for those in the market.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Lil of topic but where did you get those stands on which your car is lifted?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
luial
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1///M, e46 M3, e30 320is ///M3

They look like they are race ramps.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #30
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luial
They look like they are race ramps.
yah those are it race ramps bought them on amazon. they are the longest option over 5 feet and no problem getting on and off with my lowered car with lip. amazing what you can do with styrofoam. I looked it up and didn't even know they build freeways with this stuff!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Last edited by EINSER M; 03-26-2012 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #31
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
Yep, we were, and now they've come over to our bar and plate design. It's looking more and more like the Helix intercooler. As long as they're selling them out of Europe, there's not a lot we can do about it, I think. I'll have to check on that.

In the mean time, we'll keep innovating, like using the bull-nosed bars, both on the face and in the core to optimize flow and reduce pressure drop. We can also thermal coat the coolers. There's a GB going on at E90post for those in the market.
Can you link to group-by? Just to make it easier for people to buy your product.

I've been wanting one, just been on a tight budget lately.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #32
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundahl View Post
Can you link to group-by? Just to make it easier for people to buy your product.

Here it is:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=helix
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundahl View Post

Helix FMIC = $899 + shipping on a GB and you have to wait 6-8 weeks AND you have to cut and trim? i thought you were on a budget? The Wagner cost me less than $700 shipped and in stock and plug and play no trimming...FYI...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #34
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Helix FMIC = $899 + shipping on a GB and you have to wait 6-8 weeks AND you have to cut and trim? i thought you were on a budget? The Wagner cost me less than $700 shipped and in stock and plug and play no trimming...FYI...

PLUS factory hose fittings(no cutting there either)! Truely plug and play.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #35
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
PLUS factory hose fittings(no cutting there either)! Truely plug and play.
und made in Deutschland!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #36
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
und made in Deutschland!
Really, you're going to throw the made in Germany card out with the pictures you posted? Lets face it the Wagner is a cheap unfinished bootleg copy of the Helix. It has 2 cores welded together to create the stepped section, is not finished from a manufacturing standpoint ie unground turbulent ledges in the inlet and outlet, is cheaply painted to cover up awful welds and to skip the final finish/polishing steps, has multiple different cores(i have personally seen an array of different fin densities and core types) with NO R&D or datalogs to back(ANY or ALL of) them up(and yes those are cheap chinese cores-one look at the cheapest ebay intercoolers tells that tale). Just to let you know I have a US patent pending for the stepped core concept/multidimensional heat exchangers dating back to my original engineering drawings in 2007 and its GREAT to know that Wagner has a US branch/distributor thanks for bringing this to my attention!

What no Die Grinders in Germany?

2 cores welded together!

Bad puddled TIG welds and COVERUP PAINT!

Quotes taken from a Wagner customer GI Joe:

"Unfortunately the peeling paint is visible, which is why it is bothering me. I think that any painted/colored FMIC would have that problem though"

"I have tube and fin, and the quality isn't exactly stellar, but it's ok."

Stellar is not a word one would use to describe this!

Since you can get the same core on a $59(not a typo) Ebay intercooler!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-FR...#ht_3857wt_911

Helix- Quality welds and high polished finish!

Single custom core with rounded face and charge tube bars!

High Density Staggered offset fin core that we chose after testing (yes we actually do R&D and original engineeering) several different variations!

And lastly a Datalog of a 2-3-4 gear run with AIT suppression that is the BEST of any N54/N55 intercooler and tested up to 627hp

It should be pretty obvious why there is a price difference and the Helix price starts at $799, and their is no cutting on 335i and an extremely minor amount of trimming up near the ait sensor on the 135!

Last edited by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management; 03-27-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #37
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTurboBullett View Post
Really, you're going to throw the made in Germany card out with the pictures you posted? Lets face it the Wagner is a cheap unfinished bootleg copy of the Helix. It has 2 cores welded together to create the stepped section, is not finished from a manufacturing standpoint ie unground turbulent ledges in the inlet and outlet, is cheaply painted to cover up awful welds and to skip the final finish/polishing steps, has multiple different cores(i have personally seen an array of different fin densities in the pics i have personally seen) with NO R&D or datalogs to back them up(and yes those are cheap chinese cores-one look at ebay intercoolers tells that tale). Just to let you know I have a US patent pending for the stepped core concept/multidimensional heat exchangers dating back to my original engineering drawings in 2007 and its GREAT to know that Wagner has a US branch/distributor thanks for bringing this to my attention!

this is EXACTLY why i wouldnt buy from helix, you guys do nothing but bark like vile animals on the forums, imho that alone gives a bad rep to your company. your facts are wrong: you said wagner's FMIC were tube and fin and yet they have them bar and plate...and last i checked it is not a crime to buy a product sold and shipped from germany. i will ask you to respectfuly GTFO out this thread and rage your war with wagner somewhere else more appropriate.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #38
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
this is EXACTLY why i wouldnt buy from helix, you guys do nothing but bark like vile animals on the forums, imho that alone gives a bad rep to your company. your facts are wrong: you said wagner's FMIC were tube and fin and yet they have them bar and plate...and last i checked it is not a crime to buy a product sold and shipped from germany. i will ask you to respectfuly GTFO out this thread and rage your war with wagner somewhere else more appropriate.
I think anyone that has ever had an original idea STOLEN from them gets why i'm here... and I posted both pics of the tube and fin as well as your 2 piece bar and plate core. Nobody is threatening YOU(i dont know how you got that from the post).However, I am pursuing the patent and when it goes through I intend to do anything and everything to enforce my RIGHTS all the way back from that date to december, 2007 which is when I designed the concept and sent myself through US Postal service my engineering drawings in a certified letter that I never opened

Last edited by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management; 03-27-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #39
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I think anyone that has ever had an original idea STOLEN from them gets why i'm here... and I posted both pics of the tube and fin as well as your 2 piece bar and plate core. Nobody is threatening YOU(i dont know how you got that from the post).However, I am pursuing the patent and when it goes through I intend to do anything and everything to enforce my RIGHTS all the way back from that date to december, 2007 which is when I designed the concept and sent myself through US Postal service my engineering drawings in a certified letter that I never opened
That doesn't mean you have to go into every single intercooler thread and post pictures / your opinion about how the intercooler you designed for Helix is better than whatever intercooler the OP is talking about. This isn't the first thread you come in to compare your intercooler vs another one and I'm sure it will not be the last.

+1 on not buying from Helix due to their so called "Designers" over aggressiveness on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #40
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

I'm so test driving your car on Thursday
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #41
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
I'm so test driving your car on Thursday
hell ya! as long as i get to test drive yours when its all done
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #42
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
That doesn't mean you have to go into every single intercooler thread and post pictures / your opinion about how the intercooler you designed for Helix is better than whatever intercooler the OP is talking about. This isn't the first thread you come in to compare your intercooler vs another one and I'm sure it will not be the last.

+1 on not buying from Helix due to their so called "Designers" over aggressiveness on the forums.
see: this was observed by another forum member, not just me.

should i go in your GB thread and post links to wagner's german website and tell people to buy from there? you guys have rights sure, you need to protect your intellectual properties sure but why hasn't that already been done?

i was in the market for an intercooler that would require zero cutting trimming and yours just did not fit that requirement; afaik only wagner and ETS did. your vociferations did the opposite of attracting new potential customers, if anything rethink your PR strategies...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #43
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Really, you're going to throw the made in Germany card out with the pictures you posted? Lets face it the Wagner is a cheap unfinished bootleg copy of the Helix.
I agree with those suggesting that your "marketing" is out of line. More professionalism would be appreciated.

Quote:
Just to let you know I have a US patent pending for the stepped core concept/multidimensional heat exchangers dating back to my original engineering drawings in 2007 and its GREAT to know that Wagner has a US branch/distributor
I suspect their lawyer has advised them that there is significant prior art in the area, and that you are unlikely to get any broad coverage claims through due to it. I almost hope I'm wrong, but a quick prior art search doesn't look favorable to your cause.

If you what to gain 1M customers I'd suggest you do two things:
First, respond to the market by creating a design that requires no cutting, like the competition.
Second, point to data to prove your product's superior performance. Talking down build quality is distasteful and a side argument. If your product has superior performance I'd listen to data, not unsupported claims, and you have no data showing that it is. I suggest this will be more effective and less off-putting than following the competition around the forums and putting them down.

I'm in the market, fyi, but I wouldn't consider your product unless the issues above are addressed.

Last edited by Pete_vB; 03-28-2012 at 12:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #44
HACKULO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
2008 135i  [6.00]
I don't like mad dog either. lol but they have a good nose. they can find all the thread talk about Wagner intercooler. lol

this thread just the member trying to share the experience about the product. nothing wrong with it. get out of here helix.

cheap fast cars arent reliable
reliable cheap cars arent fast
and fast reliable cars ARENT CHEAP

Last edited by HACKULO; 03-28-2012 at 02:00 AM..
Appreciate 0