E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Calling all UK BMW E90 Owners!!!!!!!

06-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #1
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325iSE

Calling all UK BMW E90 Owners!!!!!!!

Hi All,

I'm a E90Post newbie - so please bear with me.

Wondering if any UK E90 (Especially 325iSE) owners had discovered any problem with their new cars????

Bit of a dumb question - but E90 delivered to the UK are made in Germany? Right?

Wondering if anyone has got Climate Comfort windscreens on their E90? Does it make any difference?

Bimmer325i
-------------------------------------------------------
Ordered: 325iSE, Sparkling Grap, Leather, iDrive + Voice Control, Logic 7, Xenon,18" Wheels, Sports Wheels & Seats, PDC F&R
Delivery in Sep '05
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
a3ndy
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Hi Bimmer325iSE,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations with your purchase. Nice spec you got there. I've not had any problems with mine. Only got 700 on the clock so far, so not fully run in.

I believe that the E90s that are shipped to the UK are manufactured in Germany (plant nearest to the UK). Your VIN number will detail exactly which town.

Is the waiting list really that long now? I ordered mine in April and took delivery in May.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Placed my order in MId-May. Before ordering dealer told me the earliest delivery date was in November '05. When I went into to place my order the dealer told me that another customer wants to cancel his order and offered me his spot on the waiting list - so delivery moved upto September '05. So I guess the waiting list is quite long.

Think i'm gonna go crazy with all this waiting.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum but wanted to confirm with a UK E90 owner - Xenons - are they a yellowish/white or a cool blue??

Do you have the brushed aluminium trim? If so, have you posted any pics of your interior?

Bimmer325i
-------------------------------------------------------
Ordered: 325iSE, Sparkling Grap, Leather, iDrive + Voice Control, Logic 7, Xenon,18" Wheels, Sports Wheels & Seats, PDC F&R
Delivery in Sep '05
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #4
kevbhoy
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: '06 325i SE Coupe

Hey Bimmer!

Welcome! Nice motor you have ordered.

If it is any consolation, when I went to order mine, my local dealer told me in April that the soonest I could have my car was September.

Now for the "rub salt in the wounds" bit!! I went 45 minutes south and got my car in May!!

I have brushed aliminium interior - I will get some pics for you.

Not sure about the Xenons.....I have stood and went "ooh ahh Xenons and Angel Eyes" but never paid attention to the colours. I will suss this out and get back to you.
      06-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 718S Boxster, Tesla Model Y

Love my 325 - the handling is superb even when compared with my E46 325 Sport. I've now done 3200 miles, so the engine is starting to loosen up.

I've got one problem and wonder whether other UK 325 owners have the same? There is a hesitation at 3000 rpm which is only momentary, but happens in all gears. A mechanic at my dealer drove the car and it happened once to him once, but then he could not duplicate the problem.

The dealer believes it may be a mapping problem which will be resolved if BMW release an update. If this is the case, other owners should be experiencing the same. How are your 325's?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
thebigman
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

I ordered my 320d SE at the beginning of April. Today I have been told the dealer will not have the car until mid-July… having expected to take delivery next week I am not a happy bunny :mad:
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #7
a3ndy
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 330i SE

Garage List
2006 330i SE  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer325iSE
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Placed my order in MId-May. Before ordering dealer told me the earliest delivery date was in November '05. When I went into to place my order the dealer told me that another customer wants to cancel his order and offered me his spot on the waiting list - so delivery moved upto September '05. So I guess the waiting list is quite long.

Think i'm gonna go crazy with all this waiting.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum but wanted to confirm with a UK E90 owner - Xenons - are they a yellowish/white or a cool blue??

Do you have the brushed aluminium trim? If so, have you posted any pics of your interior?

Not to be vain or anything but I like seeing the reflection of my E90 in shop windows etc . I have noticed that the xenons are blue white. I can tell straight away from the relection on my garage door, when I start the ignition at night. Also I notice it blue/white when I have auto lights on and enter a tunnel. You can see it clearly if you're following a black car.

I don't have brushed aluminum I've got matt Titanium
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep

crazybones - is your 325 an auto?

Looking forward to those pics of the brushed aluminium trim with black leathers
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
I picked up my 325i SE yesterday. Love it - no problems so far!

As for the hesitation problem, I do feel a slight surge as the revs rise, but I wouldn't say that it was at the 3000rpm mark. More like 2-2500rpm. At 3000rpm the engine is pulling strong in mine.

Mine was made in Munich. If you want a picture of the brushed aluminium interior of my car, here you go:

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #10
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbodle
I picked up my 325i SE yesterday. Love it - no problems so far!

As for the hesitation problem, I do feel a slight surge as the revs rise, but I wouldn't say that it was at the 3000rpm mark. More like 2-2500rpm. At 3000rpm the engine is pulling strong in mine.

Mine was made in Munich. If you want a picture of the brushed aluminium interior of my car, here you go:

Your interior looks amazing!!

Surprised to hear that your experiencing hesitation problem with manual transmission - thought it was only a problem on auto's.

Has anyone else experienced this hesitation problems with manual transmission?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 02:11 AM   #11
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the replies. If I'm accelerating in 2nd gear from 2000 rpm, as the revs reach 3000, there's a momentary dip and then strong pull. In sixth gear on the motorway, I still experience the same problem. The interesting thing is that it's not every time - if I had a mechanical problem, the symptoms would be continual, not occasional. I therefore tend to agree with the garage that it's a mapping problem - my car was one of the first into the UK, so if there were any bugs, it's likely I've got them!

I'm aware that there's a problem with the autos, but that is a different issue effecting (I believe) initial take off.

Attached is a photo of my interior - part leather with brush aluminium trim.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #12
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybones
Thanks for the replies. If I'm accelerating in 2nd gear from 2000 rpm, as the revs reach 3000, there's a momentary dip and then strong pull. In sixth gear on the motorway, I still experience the same problem. The interesting thing is that it's not every time - if I had a mechanical problem, the symptoms would be continual, not occasional. I therefore tend to agree with the garage that it's a mapping problem - my car was one of the first into the UK, so if there were any bugs, it's likely I've got them!

I'm aware that there's a problem with the autos, but that is a different issue effecting (I believe) initial take off.

Attached is a photo of my interior - part leather with brush aluminium trim.
What do you mean by "mapping"? I thought manual transmission has no electronic/computer control (unlike auto's).

When is ur dealer expecting an update to be available to resolve this issue?

Deposit placed for E90 M3.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #13
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer325iSE
What do you mean by "mapping"? I thought manual transmission has no electronic/computer control (unlike auto's).

When is ur dealer expecting an update to be available to resolve this issue?
Mapping refers to the electronic plan that the engine uses when it's running. The ECU monitors various things such as temperature, engine speed, exhaust emissions and throttle position and amends the amount of fuel injected and the timing of the ignition.

It is easy for the manufacturer to get one part of the "map" incorrect, although you would hope that this would have been found in testing. My worry isthat there is someting actually wrong with the car - the dealer couldn't give me a timescale, but I'll book it in again in a couple of weeks.

Please don't get me wrong, I love this car and the handling is superb. This is just a slight niggle
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #14
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep

Quote:
Mapping refers to the electronic plan that the engine uses when it's running. The ECU monitors various things such as temperature, engine speed, exhaust emissions and throttle position and amends the amount of fuel injected and the timing of the ignition.

It is easy for the manufacturer to get one part of the "map" incorrect, although you would hope that this would have been found in testing. My worry isthat there is someting actually wrong with the car - the dealer couldn't give me a timescale, but I'll book it in again in a couple of weeks.

Please don't get me wrong, I love this car and the handling is superb. This is just a slight niggle
Thanks for the reply.

Hope everything gets sorted out soon.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #15
jhbodle
Captain
Rep

Garage List
OK, i've been out in mine again and you're right, there's a slight hesitation at about 3100rpm. Don't worry, there no problem with your car. Looks like they all do it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #16
crazybones
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbodle
OK, i've been out in mine again and you're right, there's a slight hesitation at about 3100rpm. Don't worry, there no problem with your car. Looks like they all do it.
jhbodle - thanks for the info. I was starting to think that it was just my car! If I make any progress, I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2005, 05:10 AM   #17
jhbodle
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
jhbodle - thanks for the info. I was starting to think that it was just my car! If I make any progress, I'll let you know.
Thanks - i'll be very interested to hear of a fix or new ECU map.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2005, 04:57 AM   #18
Bimmer325iSE
Private
Rep

Have any UK E90 owners with iDrive tried using MP3 CD's???

Just wondering if we get the same results as the US E90? i.e Doesnt work if iDrive installed.

Another question - During my second test drive I asked the dealer to demonstrate the Navi system. So he inputted a destination not too far from the dealership. When iDrive started giving me the voice command I couldnt hear it and asked the dealer to turn the volume up. He said that this could only be done when the voice command comes on again (at which point we jump for the volume control before the voice command ends). Is there an easier way to do this?

Final Question - Looking throught the short voice commands in the US owners manual (Pg 203). According to the manual to select a radio station via voice command, you say ">Station< name or >Choose Station<". So does this mean that if I want to listen to Capital FM I should say "Station Capital FM" and it tunes itself to 95.8?

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2005, 09:05 AM   #19
nexus66
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Sounds like the ecu map might have a flat spot at ~3100rpm!! I don't get mine until Saturday, but I'll be on the lookout for this too!!

Regarding delivery waiting lists, I ordered mine at the end of March, and as I said don't get it till Saturday!! Some dealers couldn't even give me a delivery date as their slot for a 325 had already been taken! One of the sales guys told me that there are only 42 325s coming into Britain this year!! Dunno if this is necesarily true, but sounds good! We are exclusive!
Appreciate 0