BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i n54

iCarbon taking a break?

So I've been trying to buy the CF front lip for my 135i, and after some e-mails with them (with really fast responses) 7 weeks ago, when I was about to do the wire transfer, they stopped answering. I sent them 3 emails since then with no luck whatsoever.

Then I tried with the vendors in the forum, but no one have them in stock, and guess what, no one can reach them for 2 weeks now, nor Harold @ HPautowerks, nor vividracing and some other vendors in and out the forum , not even by the phone, wich they have been trying for a couple of days now.

Anyone knows whats going on with them? The fact that they dont even have contact with their vendors doesnt make it look too good... Dont get it wrong, im no trying to "burn" them, but it would be a shame to have iCarbon out of bussines out of the sudden, I want the CF front lip so badly but it looks like I wont be able to get it, unless somedy is willing to sell me his!...

Also, I've read here that there are some customers that have yet to receive their oders placed a time ago.

I really hope they do come back, or if anybody knows something, please chime in. I think is weird nobody asked or wondered this before.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529156

Check this vendor out they are selling iCarbon everything and have 4 lips.
      05-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
squeegee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I have a brand new one that I'm looking to sell. I couldn't get it to fit right. I know they are a little hard to install. So I'm going to do something else.
Looking to get $600
PM if interested.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Mod Bargains (**********s.com or just look for them here on the forum) also has iCarbon parts in stock as of recently.

No idea where they went, but maybe all the bad press was too much for them? Great parts but incredibly shitty customer service.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Mod Bargains (**********s.com or just look for them here on the forum) also has iCarbon parts in stock as of recently.

No idea where they went, but maybe all the bad press was too much for them? Great parts but incredibly shitty customer service.
I did knew **********s have a stock of iCarbon products, but because of their "international shipment agreement", they were def not an option...

I had heard mainly good comments about their products, with the exception of a few with the clear coat yellishnes problem, but didnt feel it was as bad as to just "vanish" from the scene, eventough for what I've read, their customer service was "slow" . At least with me they were very fast responding my e-mails and doubts.

Lets see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529156

Check this vendor out they are selling iCarbon everything and have 4 lips.
I spent all morning looking for a thread of someone selling an iCarbon lip. How did I miss that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeegee View Post
I have a brand new one that I'm looking to sell. I couldn't get it to fit right. I know they are a little hard to install. So I'm going to do something else.
Looking to get $600
PM if interested.
What was the problem exactly? Do you think you had a piece with fitment issues? Would be a PITA to get it shipped all the way to my home only to find out it didnt fit my car either! But I could be interested tough.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
squeegee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I don't know if it didn't fit or I couldn't get in the right position. I just don't want to fool with it anymore. It was pretty close at one point, I'm just a perfectionist. With this spoiler there is room for placement errors. I would prefer something that bolts in or maybe I'll do the performance bumper. I'd be willing to do $550 plus shipping, but it would be a one way trip. Also you'll need the longer screws for the ends, 1 each side.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
Liub
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E8

Do yourself a favour and buy from a vendor with stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted1 View Post
but didnt feel it was as bad as to just "vanish" from the scene, eventough for what I've read, their customer service was "slow" . At least with me they were very fast responding my e-mails and doubts.

Lets see what happens.

iCarbon is definitely slow. If the definition of "slow" is "Reply to customers saying you have items in stock when you don't. Have customers pay you. Don't update customers for weeks at a time and when you DO update the customer (once every few weeks, just to mess with them), tell them "it's almost on it's way" for weeks and even months at a time. Finally ship the customer what they ordered (and promised in stock) 6-12 months after they order, even for items as simple as grilles". Again, not everybody's experience amounted to this, but the fact that so many members on here experienced this is a big red flag.

Buy from an honest company.. Buy from DTMRack (here on the forum or their website).. Buy from Mod Bargains if you can somehow work out shipping (I know they're a pain internationally, but if you talk to a representative here on the forums they are generally very friendly and often offer just flat-rate "shipped" prices and tell you everything you need to know). Just make sure they DO have the part you want in stock..

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #10
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I finally heard back from iCarbon today after months... except they called me "Walter" (which is not my name) and sent me a generic response...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 05:15 AM   #11
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I finally heard back from iCarbon today after months... except they called me "Walter" (which is not my name) and sent me a generic response...
im surprised enough by the fact that they even contacted you
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 05:19 AM   #12
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisN View Post
im surprised enough by the fact that they even contacted you
I sent them an email a couple days ago... they may as well have not replied... it was a generic email with somebody elses name?? what a joke
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #13
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

I do want to let you guys know that we are the premier west coast distributor for iCarbon products. I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having issues with getting your iCarbon parts. However, please take into consideration that most know by now that these parts are typically special ordered and do have a bit of lead time involved with producing the parts. With that being said, we do order these parts in advance and do have a stocking inventory on hand that's ready to be shipped. Here's what we have on hand for those of you who want these parts immediately and of course don't want to play the waiting game.

iCarbon CF Front Lip
iCarbon CF Rear Diffuser (single exit)
iCarbon CF Vented Hood (single sided)
iCarbon CF Trunk (single sided)

Feel free to drop me a PM if you guys have any questions at all and I'll be more than happy to assist.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeegee View Post
I don't know if it didn't fit or I couldn't get in the right position. I just don't want to fool with it anymore. It was pretty close at one point, I'm just a perfectionist. With this spoiler there is room for placement errors. I would prefer something that bolts in or maybe I'll do the performance bumper. I'd be willing to do $550 plus shipping, but it would be a one way trip. Also you'll need the longer screws for the ends, 1 each side.
I'll try to get one of the Lips that DTMrack has is stock, thing is I just activated my paypal account and have to wait till tomorrow to receive a code from my bank (HSBC) to verify it, so I can send the payment to them, I just hope they still have lips left by tomorrow, if not, You and I might be doing bussines Sir! Thanks!

On the other hand, I did read from various members on the forum that the service was really bad, I just didnt knew it was that bad... Well, We'll see what happens, maybe they will come out in a couple of days and clear things up, or maybe the wont ever appear on the scene, who knows... Only thing I want is to get the lip!

PS: HSBC "Security microchip card" sucks... Royal PITA to make internet payments in certain sites or paypal... Wish all sites would accept Google Checkout, as it seems to work flawlessly with that debit card.

Last edited by Boosted1; 05-13-2011 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #15
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
HPF told me iCarbon will be at Bimmerfest tomorrow so you can find them there if your attending.
Appreciate 0