BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #23
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sarah~ View Post
How do i chack the aircon settings??
Sarah..If I remember tonight, I will take a pix of my settings for you to compare with..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #24
petersracing
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Exige S, 130i

I agree with Sarah. My new 130i aircon outputs cool air at best.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #25
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i, 97 GTR VSpec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sarah~ View Post
How do i chack the aircon settings?? I have mine on 16 and the air blasting on full and its crap!!!! Then i get in kevs car and its like getting in a fridge compared to mine!!
Plus his is icy cold in a few mins of getting in the car, mine takes about 30 mins to get cool, not icy but cool.

It sux, one would think that the BMW would have a much better aircon than the Toyota.
Mine isn't too crash hot either. 16C on full and its meh.
      01-19-2010, 12:25 AM   #26
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersracing View Post
+2. Even on full blast its just cool. My hands are never freezing from the air con. My settings for the X5 are 22 deg and on soft - this is enough to freeze my hands when air vent is directly blowing on my hands.

Quite dissapointed with the aircon on my vert.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
m 135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Gtr,135i,M235i,XR6 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiuM View Post
Mine isn't too crash hot either. 16C on full and its meh.
Your car might be hotter because of that crappy blue colour !
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 02:58 AM   #28
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:

Sarah and others, I think the problem you guys are having with it is that it's on external air-mode. Just put it on recycle mode by pressing the 'circly-arrows' button and take it off 'circly-A' mode as well. It should be on the 'circly-arrows-blank in the middle mode'.

At these temps, the car just can't keep cooling the air from outside. And as long as you're not in the car for hours, it won't have too little oxygen. Cracking your windows every ones in a while for fresh air will also help.

Living in Darwin, you learn about heat and humidity pretty damn fast! Although highest I've seen is about 39 here!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 04:57 AM   #29
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Sarah and others, I think the problem you guys are having with it is that it's on external air-mode. Just put it on recycle mode by pressing the 'circly-arrows' button and take it off 'circly-A' mode as well. It should be on the 'circly-arrows-blank in the middle mode'.
I thought the 'circly-arrows-A-in-the-middle' mode was the automatic recirc when it detected pollution it changes something. Hmmm, now that I am typing that, I realise that it's on outside air until it senses I'm snuggled up to someones exhaust pipe and then it changes to recirc.

I'll change it to the other mode tomorrow and try it.

Simon....
      01-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #30
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Sarah, these should be your ideal A/C settings in manual mode..Hope this helps..have had beemers for many years and have found these settings to cool the best..

Disregard the temp and fan speed..That is my preferred personal settings..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #31
petersracing
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Exige S, 130i

Quote:

Can't answer for the others but I manually set mine to recirc (not auto) and the air out the vents is only cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #32
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Can't answer for the others but I manually set mine to recirc (not auto) and the air out the vents is only cool.
Petersracing, I would get it checked out in that case, or also try Zuzu's settings, like he said he's a long time BMW owner and nothing takes the place of experience!

My personal settings are, recirculate mode (has to be set every time you get in the car), fan at 3 or 4 bars and temp on both sides at 16 degrees. The passenger the side vent is mostly closed, as mostly my passengers find it a bit too cold - I suppose they are way too used to the heat here and also usually have bit less in clothing than I do!

Also I use the remote to drop all the windows and open the sunroof before getting to the car on hot days, helps air it out and removes the hottest air. Also if you park yours in a covered area or at least away from
people, leave the sunroof on tilt, makes a huge difference as the heated air rises and creates a nice airflow thru the car.

But if neither Zuzu's nor my settings work for you, you should definitely take it back to get it checked by BMW, could be a leak in the lines or something.

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #33
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Aha, so you guys don't use the auto setting at all then? (The 'Auto' button)
      01-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #34
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

No SimonB, I never use the Auto button. Hate having the aircon blaring at me, can't hear anything, not the sweet 6 nor the tunes!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #35
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

This I got on Bell St, Melb the other week.

Photo taken while in motion so near enough to actual outside temp.

I did see 45.5 but was not quick enough to get a photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #36
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Petersracing, I would get it checked out in that case, or also try Zuzu's settings, like he said he's a long time BMW owner and nothing takes the place of experience!

My personal settings are, recirculate mode (has to be set every time you get in the car)
Thats odd that you have to set everytime you start the A/C.. Once I set mine up, it always remains on that same setting ..

NEVER ever set up the A/C in AUTO mode...ITS CRAP..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

i love the max button, thats probably the best aircon feature i have seen in a car, gets the car cold in minutes.

i have the auto recycle on all the time as its the only way to run an airconditioner, i thought that was common sense, but if you don't open the vents every now and again you can get a musty smell coming through.

if you have it on recycle and its not getting cold your air con is out of refridgerant or something worse
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #38
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Thats odd that you have to set everytime you start the A/C.. Once I set mine up, it always remains on that same setting ..

NEVER ever set up the A/C in AUTO mode...ITS CRAP..
All the settings hold apart from the Recirculate mode. If I set it to Auto-recirculate, that holds too. I just have to press the button on the steering wheel after starting.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #39
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
i love the max button, thats probably the best aircon feature i have seen in a car, gets the car cold in minutes.

i have the auto recycle on all the time as its the only way to run an airconditioner, i thought that was common sense, but if you don't open the vents every now and again you can get a musty smell coming through.

if you have it on recycle and its not getting cold your air con is out of refridgerant or something worse
What does the right "REST" button do? ive never been able to turn it on, have been wondering what it does but have been too lazy to get the manual out
      01-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #40
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m 135 View Post
Your car might be hotter because of that crappy blue colour !
haha, OI!!
      01-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #41
bobbynoway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
What does the right "REST" button do? ive never been able to turn it on, have been wondering what it does but have been too lazy to get the manual out
If you press the rest button prior to shutting the car off, the fan will continue to run for a short time, not sur how long tho.
Handy in winter when waiting for people, warm air will continue to blow when you shut down the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #42
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Zuzu is correct 22 on non-auto.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #43
~sarah~
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135  [10.00]
ok, its 36 outside and i am about to leave work. I am going to test out all the diffrent aircon combos and see if i can get it to be a bit colder inthe car. I will let you all know how i go later tonight.
      01-22-2010, 01:48 AM   #44
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
If you are sitting in the car after stopping and waiting for someone in winter and still want to keep warm you can press the button and the fan and warm air will continue for some time
Appreciate 0