BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #23
AMB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3CS|05 E46XiT|18 Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity000 View Post
Your 3 looks sweet in that pic... do you have daytime pictures?
thanks! i don't have too great a pics since the Hartge front but there's a few here... http://public.fotki.com/HartgE46/

'05 M3 CS | Silver Grey | M Cloth
OEM CSL Front - Rear - CF Roof | Dinan S2 Performance Pack | 19" RAC Monolite RG4s
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #24
trinity000
Rep
Drives:

Thanks for the pics i really like the look of that hartge front. Is the red as bright and vibrant in person or is that more a product of the camera? As of right now i think the combo works great in those pictures. The real question is can i handle red leather? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
AMB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3CS|05 E46XiT|18 Model 3

My Tanin Red is very dark in tone, more of a purple based red than an orange based red. Works absolutely perfect with the SG. I almost ended up with TiAG too but changed it at the very last second... so glad I did.

As for Coral I have only seen it in a 335i and it was quite a while ago. I would say it's a brighter more orange based red but matched well with the Space Grey and would imagine it even better mated with the darker Sparkling Graphite. If you have any doubt you should try and go see it in person, sit inside, and take it in. Photos never convey any shade of red correctly.

IMO you won't regret going for the red. If anything it will set your car apart from every other SG that you will eventually run into.

'05 M3 CS | Silver Grey | M Cloth
OEM CSL Front - Rear - CF Roof | Dinan S2 Performance Pack | 19" RAC Monolite RG4s
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #26
trinity000
Rep
Drives:

I have not discounted it at all, i think it looks great. I am only questioning my personal ability to drive around with red everyday. I will want to see it in person, and this weekend i will be going to sample the red interior in a car.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #27
alter ego
Rep
Drives:

The Coral Red is not overwhelming at all. I am having trouble deciding what outside color to put with my Red interior. I think Alpine White or Jet Black..... The Jet is a lot darker than Saphire. I see a lot of Space Gray/Coral on 335's. It matches really well. The Graphite is not quite dark enough to contrast the Coral and the same for not being light enough like Titanium Silver or Alpine. It almost makes the combination lose its "pop". Tanin matches Steel grey and Graphite a little better. You can order Coral as a stand alone option for $1450 just like all the other leather colors.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #28
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter ego View Post
The Graphite is not quite dark enough to contrast the Coral and the same for not being light enough like Titanium Silver or Alpine.
i agree. sparkling graphite and sedona would be the only colors i would not want to match with a red interior if that was what you wanted
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #29
sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Great Ceasar's ghost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB View Post
thanks! i don't have too great a pics since the Hartge front but there's a few here... http://public.fotki.com/HartgE46/
I'm drooling. That is one beautiful car. I just got back from my dealer today, having decided to switch my 135i from Sedona red/black to sapphire black/coral. But the more grayish color may be even better with coral. Will have to think about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #30
sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

The coral's not that overwhelming

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity000 View Post
I have not discounted it at all, i think it looks great. I am only questioning my personal ability to drive around with red everyday. I will want to see it in person, and this weekend i will be going to sample the red interior in a car.
I agree with others who say the coral is not too overwhelming, but YMMV. I've just ordered it with sapphire black. Most of the interior is still black -- dash, carpet, headliner (anthracite) and doors (except for a coral red insert in the middle). Coral is just those panels and the seats.

It's not a combo I would have chosen, but my sales guy showed it to me in a 3, which I got to sit in. And when I sat in it, I just went, "Aaaahhhh!" Immediate gut reaction. Like I'm now on the mother ship.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #31
asv
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Just ordered a Ti Silver/Coral Red Combo. I don't think the red will be overwhelming at all. It really makes the one look like a sports car.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #32
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

07 S2000's came in Graphite/Red combo. It looked okay to me...Not especially stiking but hardly offensive or anything, but I'm not a huge fan of red interior in anything short of Italian exotica.

IMHO, red interior looks best with AW or Jet Black (or the metallic black I suppose.) If I HAD to have Sparkling Graphite I'd probably stick with black interior.
Appreciate 0