BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Makes me question the lap timer, maybe since one has a stiffer sidewall it gives it less pronounced roll. Just a theory who knows. 1.4g's is freakin super high. Anything over 1.1 g's in my car there better be some camber in the turn or I'm going for a spin.

I do think even with stock rotors .8g's under braking still leaves you room to brake harder as long as it's not downhill. I have the same setup stock rotors/calipers w/Ferodo pads and Motul fluid I can hit 1g under braking while going straight or uphill. Downhill depending on the speed is in that .8 -.9 range.

How much negative camber do you run? And how does the sound on your video not sound like wind? Do you have a mic on the back bumper?
I am maxed out at -3.2 camber. your guessed right, I have a separate mic taped to my bumper. lived with the wind noise for too long
      10-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #24
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
I am maxed out at -3.2 camber. your guessed right, I have a separate mic taped to my bumper. lived with the wind noise for too long
On the back bumper or around the license plate somewhere?

Also, I'd recommend something like an AIM Solo for better data acquisition.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #25
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by int2str View Post
On the back bumper or around the license plate somewhere?

Also, I'd recommend something like an AIM Solo for better data acquisition.
I tape it up on the middle of the bumper and a little towards the middle. one time I melted the gopro plastic when it was too close. that sh7t is hot! yeah would like to upgrade my data gear. adding the 5hz gps iphone thingy is a big improvement. forgot what's it called but aim solo is nice. you were saying because of my confusion with the seemingly contradictory results?
      10-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #26
joeo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson Red 135i

Garage List
2009 BMM 135i  [9.50]
Thanks for posting the video Kori - always fun to watch.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeo View Post
Thanks for posting the video Kori - always fun to watch.
Joe we missed you out there! we should try to organize more track days for next year
      10-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Can you please note when in which video is your fastest lap? No use trying to give criticisms (constructive of course) when the driving is so inconsistent.
. the lap starts at 8:20

here's another video from the last session. I have edited down to the passes plus the last 7-8 min where I was chasing a turbo s for several laps. the guy didn't have brass balls to open it up. my car dies near the end with a limp mode

Last edited by pixelblue; 10-24-2012 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0