BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #221
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
That's a shame, very sad to see nice metal ruined. Hopefully the driver was okay.

I think it probably wasn't setup very well. My few test drives have been extremely balanced and lovely - the car is very manageable - I found.

Mine had terrible tyres on that had hardened so had a few lairy moments but the car let me know!

Just read an article on lotus, are you getting the new V6 version???? if so i am jealous beyond words that looks amazing.

the one i saw was definately a 4 cylinder.

Sorry Sparoz - threadjack.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #222
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Thanks

My target is GT3 times - not sure if I will get there, but that's the aim.
Gotta say and my comments may seem inflammatory but -Oh well.

First and foremost I think your car and all you are doing to is amazing. It will undeniably be one of the most tastefully and well researched 1Ms in Australia possibly the world.

I suspect your car and would love to be proved wrong is one of these awesome cars that are modified more for "Show rather than go" This in itself is a valid reason. As far as I'm concerned being of a hedonistic nature, anything that gives pleasure is a good thing.
I believe that your comment in regard to GT3 times infers that you either wish to (a) personally achieve these times or (b) have a car that is capable of these times.
I personally hope it is the former.?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:55 AM   #223
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 05:42 AM   #224
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal View Post

First and foremost I think your car and all you are doing to is amazing. It will undeniably be one of the most tastefully and well researched 1Ms in Australia possibly the world.

I suspect your car and would love to be proved wrong is one of these awesome cars that are modified more for "Show rather than go" This in itself is a valid reason. As far as I'm concerned being of a hedonistic nature, anything that gives pleasure is a good thing.
I believe that your comment in regard to GT3 times infers that you either wish to (a) personally achieve these times or (b) have a car that is capable of these times.

blthhhhhttttttttttttssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol lol lol lol wouldn't you need a car capable of those times in order to achieve those times, that argument just went arse first dude, let him modify the fuck out of it, its fun, and we all want to see the result
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 07:00 AM   #225
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:

Don't mean to be rude, but does it really matter?

I think Steve is doing a brilliant job with his car and he's nice enough to spend a lot time meticulously updating us on the progress. I think the community as a whole benefits from his empirical approach.

If you've got nothing positive to add - don't bother.
      08-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #226
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
blthhhhhttttttttttttssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol lol lol lol wouldn't you need a car capable of those times in order to achieve those times, that argument just went arse first dude, let him modify the fuck out of it, its fun, and we all want to see the result
What argument ?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #227
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Good on you. Please quote the non positive section of my comment.

You sound a bit like my mum
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #228
micha3l
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koastal
Quote:

Good on you. Please quote the non positive section of my comment.

M drivers are a little high strung on this forum....

Pretty sure all you were asking is that you hope to see this car used for its purpose? Ie all these upgrades are perfect for the track, when are we going to see it at a track day to try and see how close it gets to gt3 times?

I wanna see it too, especially if some of these rumors about brakes I hear are true!

2011 BMW M3 - Mineral White - VF620 Supercharger - Gintani Sport Valved Exhaust - Harrop BBK - Arykym Front lip and Diffuser - KW Sleeve over kit - Forgestar CF5V Wheels
2009 BMW 135i - Space Grey - 11.841 @ 117.81mph - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #229
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a smart lady.
      08-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #230
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l View Post
Pretty sure all you were asking is that you hope to see this car used for its purpose? Ie all these upgrades are perfect for the track, when are we going to see it at a track day to try and see how close it gets to gt3 times?
If that is in fact what was being said, then I have jumped gun - please accept my apologies.
      08-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #231
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Thanks everyone for their support and kind comments (including koastal's ). I deal with inflammation everyday, so this is not necessarily new .

In response to koastal, I actually think he has hit a very important point.

A car strictly modified for 'Go' will be stripped down, and modifications would be focusing on bang for buck mods, eg who needs an akra if you can just put in a straight pipe? A car modified for Show means that the parts will have little impact on performance of the car, like a repaint, a new style boot lid without consideration of its aero, or wheels that looks the bucks does not put any performance in the car.

I like to say mine would be both Show and Go. The end goal is to have a car that is of a quality that is better than OEM. I see this as a 1M improvement project rather than a modification project. The finished car would be something that is worthy to be a new model - something beyond ///M.

With work requiring plenty of my attention at the moment, I don't think I would be able to test out the parts till closer to the end of the year. Once we got some baselines, then I will have to see how close I can get after improving its suspension setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #232
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
If that is in fact what was being said, then I have jumped gun - please accept my apologies.
Haha, it's okay. I told a couple of people when the word and a certain 1M was mentioned and I didn't know how to response to the question. I did mention specifically not to mention it in the forum and I guess no one has actually said it out.

I have also mentioned the English Car too. Thought about posting a picture of it but restrained myself .
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #233
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l View Post
M drivers are a little high strung on this forum....
(You <> Michael; You = everyone)

Many has been in the past twelve months and it is not just M drivers. Honestly, we all do very well to be able to afford a BMW - we are smart people. Some of the arguments that has come out had been naive and illogical along the lines of I have got a bigger exhaust therefore my car goes faster. FFS we don't drive xxxxxxs.

We are all BMW lovers - I think we should all screw our heads on when we post. If you are going to be dry, do it like Kenny - nice, short and to the point.

Let's all move on and give some respect to each other.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #234
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
(You <> Michael; You = everyone)

Many has been in the past twelve months and it is not just M drivers. Honestly, we all do very well to be able to afford a BMW - we are smart people. Some of the arguments that has come out had been naive and illogical along the lines of I have got a bigger exhaust therefore my car goes faster. FFS we don't drive xxxxxxs.

We are all BMW lovers - I think we should all screw our heads on when we post. If you are going to be dry, do it like Kenny - nice, short and to the point.

Let's all move on and give some respect to each other.
      08-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #235
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
Just read an article on lotus, are you getting the new V6 version???? if so i am jealous beyond words that looks amazing.

the one i saw was definately a 4 cylinder.

Sorry Sparoz - threadjack.
I wish! The new Exige S & 260 Cup are terrific bits of kit. I just can't justify the asking price of 2 x price of 4-cynlinder car for a poorer power-weight ratio and some admittedly very cool electronics.

The one I'm getting is a few years old and all the track car I'm going to be able to stomach!
      08-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #236
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Like to thank sverma for his quick and wonderful service. I am quite surprised with the attention to detail with the packing, with the bubble wrap etc.

Now, I just need to wait for the file to come back. .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #237
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Stock tune vs ESS - reverse review

I have just flashed the car back to stock and I found it is a great opportunity to compare stock and ESS again. Often you have to review a mod from without to with, and not often you get a chance to experience the other way around, unless you are AlpineM3E92 who has a stock AND a ESS tuned 1M!

You can find my original post here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614477

As soon as I jumped in the car, I can feel the 'lack of power' in the lower rev range. Now I understand why I said the power delivery was smoother and more drivable with the ESS tune. I think the problem lay with the overboost function of stock. The delivery of the ESS is immediate, whilst power kicks in around 3.5k with the stock tune. This two stage delivery from the stock file actually make day to day driving less predictable. Yes, it felt amazing when you hit 3.5k but I would rather have the power on tap right from the start.

I can understand why BMW would have tuned it this way. In second gear with ESS tune, with stock tyres and wheels you would lose traction WOT making the extra power useless. However, what about right foot modulation?

Unfortunately, I have to cut short my review as Evolve just sent me back my tuned file. Not going to start the car at 1:42am, but will definitely try it first thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #238
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Only true test is back to back dynos.... Other than that it is just a guessing game of butt-dyno
Hopefully, it will happen today with your car for the Evolve . The difference was quite large though, and it refreshed my memory how the stock file was tuned. I recall a few were disappointed with ESS and I think the issue was that they can no longer few the kick at 3.5k.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #239
koastal
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks everyone for their support and kind comments (including koastal's ).
With work requiring plenty of my attention at the moment, I don't think I would be able to test out the parts till closer to the end of the year. Once we got some baselines, then I will have to see how close I can get after improving its suspension setup.
Work must be hell busy. Do you not have staff ?

Haven't got much on myself besides looking after 8 display homes and another 9 under construction. That's the good thing about track days. Fill up the tank take the laptop out and have a fang. 5 mins later your back on the job.

Your gonna need some practice sometime to get the most out of that awesome car. Nothing worse than getting whupped by some teenager in their ful sic civic.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #240
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Work must be hell busy. Do you not have staff ?

Haven't got much on myself besides looking after 8 display homes and another 9 under construction. That's the good thing about track days. Fill up the tank take the laptop out and have a fang. 5 mins later your back on the job.

Your gonna need some practice sometime to get the most out of that awesome car. Nothing worse than getting whupped by some teenager in their ful sic civic.
It was under a consultancy's management whilst me and my wife was on parental leave. We had to kick them out, and now fixing up the mess. Staff has been good through the change, but a bit too much for them to handle.

Yes, definitely got to practice otherwise someone will claim an echo is faster than a M car.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #241
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Just done the full review for the evolve-r stage 1 here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739977
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #242
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
It was under a consultancy's management whilst me and my wife was on parental leave. We had to kick them out, and now fixing up the mess. Staff has been good through the change, but a bit too much for them to handle.

Yes, definitely got to practice otherwise someone will claim an echo is faster than a M car.
Clearly you hired the wrong consultancy :P How's tricks Steve?
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0