BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
SM2OKED
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW/M2  [0.00]
BUYER BEWARE! Tiny Chainsaw

Buyer Beware! As you can see in the convo I purchased a set of 19" VMR 810 Gunmetal wheels from Tiny Chainsaw. He agreed to a lower price than what he was asking for if I paid the Paypal fees. I agreed and sent the money as a "payment" instead of "for goods". Well he decided to rip me off the $900 and then claim I was scamming him for money cause I only had a few posts which I guess somehow if you have a lot of posts you can't rip people off (you explain that I dunno). Anyhow I just purchased my 2008 135I and ordered a lot of parts (ask mike@x-ph.com) and decided at the last minute to purchase some wheels but wanted to help a fellow 135I enthusiast out and purchase them used. BIG MISTAKE! I had another forum member message him after he wouldn't respond to my messages see if the wheels were still available and as you can tell by the last photo he was still trying to sell them. I disputed it through Paypal but under their user agreement since I didn't pay "for goods" they couldn't get my money back. So please BUYER BEWARE!

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

what a shit storm sorry to hear this OP
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
JM35
N54 Tuner
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6spd

Gotta be careful when you don't send money as payment for goods/services. If you do you can dispute it and the seller will have to provide tracking # and proof of shipment but unless its sent as that the buyer can pretty much take it and say "oh he owed me money" or "it was a gift" and paypal cant really do anything about it.

Just a heads up for anybody paying for things with paypal!

People will say send as gift because there is a 3% fee if you do for goods/services but just pay the extra 3%, never send as gift!

600hp 135i build blog
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM35 View Post
Gotta be careful when you don't send money as payment for goods/services. If you do you can dispute it and the seller will have to provide tracking # and proof of shipment but unless its sent as that the buyer can pretty much take it and say "oh he owed me money" or "it was a gift" and paypal cant really do anything about it.

Just a heads up for anybody paying for things with paypal!

People will say send as gift because there is a 3% fee if you do for goods/services but just pay the extra 3%, never send as gift!
Not everyone are bad when asking for sending as gift. I been doing multiple times with sending as gift or receiving. Just do some research before you sending money.
Back to OP just call your bank and explain the situation they will help you out one way or another. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #5
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I paypalled money as a gift once to save the fees. The item arrived broken in transit, postage insurance said he didn't pack it properly so they wouldn't pay and I was stuck with a broken item. Never again.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
SM2OKED
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW/M2  [0.00]
Mods why was my other post about this locked? It had generated more attention which I am trying to steer people away from buy from this guy. By locking the post its like you are condoning this type of behavior!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
AYEDEE
Captain
Australia-Aboriginal
Rep
Drives: 3 Series BMW

What a pain In the ass. Hope you get back everything!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #8
drum3rjay28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

I hate scammers! You have ALL the information you need to find out as much as you can about this guy and make him fix this issue! I hope you work it out with this clown; let him know you mean business like I did to my friend Phil Kwon when he tried to screw me!! Take him to small claims with all this evidence and have him explain himself. Post his vitals on the WWW and let the rest of the internet pull that $900 out of him!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=15