BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #89
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Thx for the usefull write-up! I'm really looking forward to drive by soundclips on WOT! Midpipes without resonator must be loud, my decatted mids from Milltek have a huge resonator before the muffler. I would like to remove it to but i changed my mind and will go for a catless downpipe, i hear alot of good things about the AR 3". Probably i'll have a increase in sound (+power gain) without the disadvantage of drone. I only worry about check engine lights...
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #90
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 1M 2012 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
I would say it is at least 20% - 30% louder if not more with the mid-pipe!!! The video really doesn't do it justice. On WOT on the road the sound is just unreal!!!

I am going to try and get some better video/sound on the weekend...

I paid $676.80 for the mid-pipes through the **********s group buy. I believe they are about $100 more than that usually. A couple of vendors on the classifieds section have them listed. PM if you need my vendor's contact info.

The Remus and N55 mid's is a great combo from what I hear; but it will be loud just not as loud and crazy as the full Remus system...
Thanks for the info. It seems it might be too loud for me. I may go with the N55.

Do you loose the BMW warranty putting the N55 or remus midpipe?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #91
IZZY79
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 1M 2012 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Depends what the warranty issue is. It has to be proved that the mod caused the issue.... Highly unlikely with mid pipes or axle back.
I will just ask my dealer first cause they may be a little picky on that subject.
What about the engine light? Will it turn on?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #92
M3Power79
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M sold - M4 MW DKG ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
My dealer said

No, only CEL if you remove cats on downpipes.
Can they remove the CEL or do you have to life with that once you changed the downpipes?
"... on the smiles-per-mile charts, the 1-series M coupe can't be beat. It is a challenging piece, a triple-X-rated driver's machine for semi-professionals. Its handling balance provides an open invitation to indulge in latent oversteer, and provides an opportunity to separate the men from the boys. It is an absolute hoot on the track and an addictive plaything on your favorite twisty back road. "
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #93
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

[QUOTE=Ian///M;12088822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY79 View Post

Mids will make the biggest difference in power (+10rwHP) and noise. I have MadDads which give a deep noise. Muffler has deepened it further and added resonance. See my videos.

IMO it is more important to do the mids than the muffler... I primarily did the muffler, some months after doing the mids, to reduce the drone and for the looks.

HPA sell MadDad mids for around $700, although big back orders on them now.
So in your experience the Maddad mids did not help reduce drone? I thought they would be similar in that sense like the N55, almost everyone reported reduced or disappeared drone.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #94
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

[QUOTE=Ian///M;12120248]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post

I thought the drone disappeared, but actually still there at 1,800 rpm. That's workable for me though. MadDad & Remus combo is LOUD though!
Thanks, in my car drone is between 2000 to 3000 almost so any decrease would be great for highway cruising.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #95
River Rat
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=miula;12092917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post

The Remus racing replacement tube has no secondary cats and/or muffler. It is literally a racing tube coated in black ceramic paint. It also does not have a flange and thus only works with the Remus Street Race exhaust; you actually have to remove the flange that adapts the exhaust to the stock mid-pipes and connect the Racing tube straight into the Remus muffler.

Video is uploading as I type, update coming soon!!!
So.. you can NOT use the Remus midpipe on the stock 1M exhaust? or is there a way to make it work?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #96
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Rat View Post

So.. you can NOT use the Remus midpipe on the stock 1M exhaust? or is there a way to make it work?
The racing replacement tube mid-pipes that I received from Remus and have installed on my car did not come with any adapters or flanges to bolt to the stock exhaust; you actually have to remove the flange that adapts the Remus exhaust to the stock mid-pipes for the Remus replacement tube to fit.

You can use the Remus exhaust with stock mid-pipes but not the Remus mid-pipes with stock exhaust, at least the one I received...
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #97
JSAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Can I ask where you bought the remus from and how much? I am also in Aus.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #98
Tom@SonicMS
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAN View Post
Can I ask where you bought the remus from and how much? I am also in Aus.

Thanks
Sent you PM
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #99
Gabacho
Gabacho!
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Orange Valencia

More sound

I have been running on Remus for 1k miles and like the gains but was really hopping for a deeper sound!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #100
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
I have been running on Remus for 1k miles and like the gains but was really hopping for a deeper sound!
Is it any louder than stock especially at the mid to high RPM range?

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #101
Gabacho
Gabacho!
Mexico
Rep

louder but not enough for me!

it is a little louder and deeper than the stock but really not what I was looking for and definitely not as loud as other systems I have heard by sound pics here in the forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #102
Tom@SonicMS
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

You can get deeper if you like with: REMUS Innovation, Austria, as a huge O.E.M. supplier to several top German car makers, especially BMW, is keenly aware that the system in front of the RS (Rear Silencer) is
generally quite good, as it is likely they built it. FS’s (Front Silencers) usually don’t have much in the way of back pressure, as all they’re intended to do is break up those high speed travelling sound waves.

So they tend to send quite a few axle back ‘splice on’ or ‘bolt on’ systems around the world. They also know that deleting an FS is childs play at most performance or even muffler shops. So if you need more sound go ahead and delete your FS w/ straight tubing or replace your front section with the REMUS RT (Race Tube).

D
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #103
Gabacho
Gabacho!
Mexico
Rep

Thanks for the advice

I decided to go through with your advice and eliminated the silencer and the mid cats with straight tube and the sound it's awesome!!! Tomorrow I will give it a big ride and try to upload a sound clip. BTW it only cost me $50 at my local shop for labor and stainless steel tube. Cheap DIY mid pipes its just the sound I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #104
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
I decided to go through with your advice and eliminated the silencer and the mid cats with straight tube and the sound it's awesome!!! Tomorrow I will give it a big ride and try to upload a sound clip. BTW it only cost me $50 at my local shop for labor and stainless steel tube. Cheap DIY mid pipes its just the sound I wanted.

Well done. Sounds like the way to go.
Did you get much drone after eliminating the mid cats and silencer (resonator)?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #105
urbanjunglist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Anyone know if there is a remus cat back like this one (dual wall cf accented tips) for the 128i?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #106
Iceman21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Anymore drive by videos of the full Remus system?

Miula, Gabacho?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 05:59 AM   #107
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman21
Anymore drive by videos of the full Remus system?

Miula, Gabacho?
Sorry, I sold the 1M a few months ago, needed more space/doors for the kids...
Appreciate 0