BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Seat Module Expert Help Needed

Hoping someone could help a fellow member out.

I’m looking for someone with an LCI car that has retrofitted sport seats or anyone with advanced knowledge on seat modules/coding in general.

My car came with heat, memory, lumbar, except the side bolster inflators.

I retrofitted sport seats from a 2009 135i in my 2012 LCI comfort seat car. This was a simple plug and play procedure, and everything works fine, except when the car needs coding, the modules from the 2009 seats can’t be found.

Luckily, my car is perfectly fine now and this is not urgent, but I’d like to resolve this problem for future coding (Dinan Stage 2 etc).

The seat modules I had in the car originally are part number 61359221861 (White looking with two bigger plugs). This part number has since been updated to 61359264974.

The seat modules I have in the sport seats are 61359148265 (Black looking with one larger plug)

1. Does anyone know if these modules are coded to be VIN specific in any way?
2. If I simply update the VO to include sport seats “S481A”, will there be any future issues with the system not being able to find these older modules with my LCI car?
3. Does anyone know if there are any major differences in the design
changes between the two modules?

The plugs in both modules do look a bit different; however, I suspect the modules were updated to account for several option differences. In other words, even though there is an extra lager plug on the white version, only one is active of the two, to account for different vehicle options. This would have saved the manufacturer (Temic) from creating different modules for different seat options.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0