BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #67
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Hey EDUC8ED, have fun driving the 1 back from Cleveland this weekend!! :headbang::roundel:
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #68
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Blue Majic"

Thanks!! Dont know if ill sleep much tonight but ill get back at you guys sunday.

Montego/ Coral 135i

"Progress not Perfection"
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #69
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Good luck....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #70
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
he is actually taking delivery of his car as we speak:biggrin:

what a sweet looking ride, you all definately have to check it out & hear his performance exhaust as well
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #71
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Pheew..finally back in town been running around all day! I will try and post some pics later on tonight, they were taken by cell phone so not the best.

I love this car it is everything I had expected and more! I picked up the car with the tint, clear bra, paint protection and performance exhaust all done. Dbtheo really made my experience painless.

The drive back was a lot of fun, my buddy who drove me up has a 350z so we were going at it a bit. I let him drive my 1 for a little while and he wanted to drive it the whole weekend!! I was pretty PO'd because it rained almost the whole time and the car was only clean for about 5 minutes .

Ill have more to say later but now I have to work my business is having an evaluation this week so lots to do. Lets do a meet soon guys!!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #72
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

Awesome!!! Glad it all went well! Can't wait to see the pics!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #73
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here are some pics from yesterday.....like I said it was a dreary day and they are from a cell phone. Maybe if we have a meet we can get someone to take some real good shots of all our cars??
Attached Images

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 08:37 PM   #74
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Oh wait I forgot to add......I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite!!! lol

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #75
chorn
Rep
Drives:

nice looking car. Your making want to get the tints really bad now !

Do you know what % those are ?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #76
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

32% all the way around its a perfect setup...nice and even!!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 07:05 AM   #77
chorn
Rep
Drives:

yea thats not bad. You shouldnt get any crap from the police for that either. I am definately considering it.

Looks good !
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #78
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

thanks man.....lets start throwing out some tentative dates for a meet maybe??

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #79
imported_Dan
Rep
Drives:

get together?

The local chapter of the BMW club is going to the Log Cabin on Route 31F Wednesday Night August 13 for the "Cruise" night. Could be a good place for the 135's to get together?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #80
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think I could make that.....what time??

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #81
imported_Dan
Rep
Drives:

Log Cabin

:eyebulge:cars arrive anytime from 5:00 on. Usually breaks up around 8:00, but cars are coming and going all night. There is usually everything from restored Model T's , too rice rockets with sound systems. The BMW Club organizes to go about once a summer.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #82
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys...im in Chicago now staying till monday. The car drove excellent 10 + hours!!

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #83
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Glad to hear that a 10 hr drive went well. We're considering a drive to New Mexico (1800 miles each way) and hoping we won't regret it.

On the down side, at 45 miles the airbag warning light came on. I took it to Holtz who were able to run an immediate diagnostic on it which read that the driver's seat airbag and wiring harness were throwing a code of high resistance. When I took it in to be repaired they tell me the code is no longer showing, but they took the seat out and checked all the connectors, etc., reset the computer and sent me on my way. One week to the day later the light pops on again. I dropped it off yesterday (Tuesday) and soon after get a call saying the driver's seat airbag and wiring harness are faulty and will be replaced. However, since the airbag is an explosive device it has to be transported by truck. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Thursday) morning and I should have the car tomorrow evening. I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come.

When we looked at the 135 we briefly considered a 3 Series. While the airbag is being fixed I was given a 328xi as a loaner. Nice car but it's much less sporty feeling than the 135. It's not just a less powerful engine, the car has a much different feel, much more sedan like, which makes sense. The 135 seems much more responsive and more in touch with the road. While the 328 is a fine car I think we'd eventually get somewhat bored with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #84
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

No front plate = ticket

I'm not sure if people have mounted their front license plates, but I was at the dealer the other day and met a guy who just about an hour before had gotten an $80 ticket for not having a front plate mounted on his 3 Series. Apparently there wasn't much of a discussion - no plate = ticket. He was pretty unhappy as he didn't want to drill the holes in the bumper.

Having said that, the ticket issue seems to be up to the individual officer as a few years back I was driving our Mini which didn't have a front plate and had pulled over to the side of the road after getting off the Thruway. A state police officer was also there doing something with a truck driver. As I was getting ready to leave he came over to me, giving the car the hairy eyeball as he approached and he definitely saw the absence of the plate and motioned to me to roll the window down. I was working on some sort of excuse, but the first thing he said was "I love these cars !!" and then spent the next 10 minutes going on about how he wanted to get one, asking all sorts of questions, etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #85
RastaGurl
Private
Rep
Drives:

I got one, too. $55. I have the GoMiniGo front plate mounting option ordered. See this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...e+plate+holder
I didn't particularly like the retractable option as I think that the plate itself would get dinged, etc. when positioned beneath the bumper. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...e+plate+holder These cars are cop magnets! I had a state trooper pull me over to tell me how much he liked my car, too...initially scared the crap outta me, as I hadn't been speeding, etc.!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #86
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have the GoMini holder. Not as bad as one may expect. Pretty easy to install - once the cover over the tow bolt mounting site is removed you'll need a 19mm wrench for the main part as well as for the bolt that holds the actual bracket. You'll also need a 10 mm wrench and an allen wrench to mount the vertical brackets and the plate to the brackets.

Also very easy to remove - when we're out of state on vacation, off it comes.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #87
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ok so I will give a quick rundown of my assessment after driving back from Chicago.

The car was amazing in all driving conditions from the crazy dowtown Chicago traffic, to cruising around town, to drivng 10 hours straight from Chicago to Toronto. I cant say enough about the adaptability of this car it can perform under any driving conditions. I even got it up to 120 too damn easy on a few straight-aways, its crazy how much power there is in 6th gear.

My trip was very cool, got to see a lot of Chicago and surrounding areas. I did not want to leave its such a cool town with so much to do. Had a few people looking at my car when I was parked in various areas, and some people who werent even aware the 1 series existed.

I have to say that the clear bra was money well spent, I also got the clear mud flaps from Ziebart. I have no chips or scratches whatsoever even after all the highway driving I did.

I have yet to put my front plate on and havent been messed with yet. Ill cross that bridge when I get to it.

The summer is definetly getting away from us here so do we want to have a meet?? I start school again in a few weeks and my schedule will get crazy.

How is everyone doing??

Montego/ Coral 135i

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #88
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
Rep

BUELLER??? BUELLER?

Montego/ Coral 135i