BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

what about the special interior options?

I believe scott26 at some point mentioned early on in the specualtion that the 1m coupe would allow for some "special" option along the lines of how MINI allow their cars to be really customized to the owner's desire. There was some brief mention of trim and carbon bits but since it was first mentioned, I haven't heard anything else about it.

Did everybody forget about this?

Scott26, any new information to share?
      12-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Scott mentioned at some point that there wasn't enough time to get these ideas and options ready for the 1-Series M.

So you can have any interior you want, as long as it's black with orange stitching.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Scott mentioned at some point that there wasn't enough time to get these ideas and options ready for the 1-Series M.

So you can have any interior you want, as long as it's black with orange stitching.

Best regards,
south
Oh. I guess I didn't catch that post. Thanks for the update and that just totally sucks then. I guess with the estimated pricing, it is nice to know that the price of the car can be kept in check by limiting the options but at the same time, options are how the car manafacturers profit so a little odd from their standpoint but oh well. I am glad to see that the 19" wheels are standard and the leather is standard. I don't like the fact that the leather has orange stitching. I don't care how much they're reaching to link this car to the old school 2002 but it's not the same. This car is more related to the old e30 m3 than it is to the 2002 and I personally think putting orange on this car is completely stupid. but that's just mu opinion. hopefully, they will allow us to have monte carlo blue and lose the orange stitching.