BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
phr3d
Rep
Drives: e53

new member - probably stupid qweschun

Hi all,

Wasn't much of a fan of the US one-er when released, was WAY on-board with a e30 sized racer, but the photos definitely weren't complimentary, so I didn't even bother .

I managed to get an M-driving school slot last year from CCA and laid eyes on my first 1///M up close and Real personal. My life has changed forever.

I will go ahead and buy someone's X if this can't work, but with numbers so small, I am hoping that I can find the #4, USA Olympics-liveried AW 1///M that I actually drove at the perf school. 'twas a fantastic trip for my wife and I and I'm retired now, so one last shot at having everything 'my way'.

I tried with the local dealer to buy the car when perf disposed of them, apparently at auction (I tried to buy it directly from them, but not allowed), either the dealer didn't know how or whatever, no luck.

So now I am hoping to find him from members here.

Thanks for any help, hope I can make what I presume will be my last car-dream come true (got 25 years from my mil-imported e12 before midwest rust ate it beyond help).

Last edited by phr3d; 04-11-2013 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
FairfaxM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, 1M, F82 M4

In the below linked thread there are links to the Performance Center cars that are/were for sale:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759179

Here is a link to an Alpine White one that was a Performance Center car that is still for sale.

http://www.perillobmw.com/used-cars/2011_BMW_1_Series_M_Chicago_WBSUR9C59BVP75978.aspx

Not sure if this is the EXACT one you are looking for.

I'm not sure I'd go that route but good luck with finding what you want.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Welcome here, interesting story; nice challenge to begin with when you're already retired.

Good luck with finding (the) One.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #4
phr3d
Rep

took a bit to understand all I was reading, but I finally figgered it out.

Yeah, Mike at PC said the same thing - "You WANT to buy one 'o those?" lol, but yeah, the history is too much fun, and I'd be able to care for it.

That said, I'd not pay premium prices for it, so I'll just hafta' hope as the years drone on that a Non-nav AW ///1 shows up (unless mine went to Puerto Rico, too hysterical, that). Got pictures and like said in forum, wish I'd had the forsight to note the VIN.

you live, you learn..

Thank you for the help, and if anyone does happen to learn anything of the AW Olympic liveried #4 car (1 of 8 @ PC) I'd love to hear it, as I plan to doc the little dawg.. and if anyone knows how to track down the one in Puerto Rico, I go there once a year.

(and I beat der livin' shyt out of him, too.. passed four drivers and I be Old.. took a bit o' dirt on what I think we'd call turn two, the hard one after the uphill, no vid though <sigh>. I was driving in light Rain!)

I
WANT
THAT
Car
lol
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Doggybags
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

The one AW from the Performance Center that went to Puerto Rico was sold by the local BMW dealer at top $$$.

Last edited by Doggybags; 04-16-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #6
phr3d
Rep

saves me the time of checking the lot - misunderstood and thot was purchased at auction for transport to PR for resale there.

thanks for the info, hope to nail down the two VINs someday.
Appreciate 0