BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
1sonnyM
Rep
Drives: 1M

Pre-delivery inspection?

Ok guys my 1M is in the country but the local BMW here in Dubai requires a 4 days for PDI (pre-delivery inspection)... Why do they need so long? What do they do in this PDI? Am I just getting not patient anymore or is this normal procedure?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
gkmunch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

It's more like 4 hours in the states... hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sonnyM View Post
Ok guys my 1M is in the country but the local BMW here in Dubai requires a 4 days for PDI (pre-delivery inspection)... Why do they need so long? What do they do in this PDI? Am I just getting not patient anymore or is this normal procedure?

Thanks!
Sounds to me like some unnecessary "test" drives will take place. I'd go get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

There is nothing like 4 days of PDI, I believe that most dealers don't even spend an hour with any new car. What they say to you in fact is they are just not ready for the delivery for other reasons; maybe just too many cars to deliver and they are buying time. My delivery here in Chile was almost the same story; the car arrived the port on 18th of October and I took delivery 10days later, on 28th. Between the port/customs and Santiago is 1.5 hour drive! In fact, even after the car was in Santiago they could not be "ready" to deliver the car to me before 4 additional days and an unexplained 11 km.s on the car.

This is of course after me calling them almost everyday etc. I even made them take a photo of the car at the customs and it had only 1 km. on it at that time. A week before they sent me a mail and it was saying that a new car could have up to 80 km.s on it at the time of delivery, could you believe that? They received a proper reply from me of course and then the photo came with 1 km. on it. They also don't know that the car needs a 2000 km. service, despite the fact that when you start the car it shows up on the computer and it is written in the manual. Well...

Good thing is when you have the car, it feels so good and it really is so amazing machine that you forget about these people that work for and represent BMW all around the world.

BMW folks, if you are reading, why don't you invest on human resources a bit more instead of individual colours this and Xline that. Just an idea for digestion.
Appreciate 0