BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #45
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
Cunt.

Oh noes!

But seriously, people around here need to lighten up, a joke is for lols.
Dude you may want to tone down that last post before the mods see it (someone will dob on you if they haven't already). there are quite a few peeps here who dont have a sense of humour
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
emack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4F82,Akra/Eventuri/Stage2Tune

Been with Shannons for years and currently have the wife's M3 and my 1M with them.

In the past they have always been absolutely brilliant to deal with, including the claims process which lets face it is why we have insurance.

Until..........they were recently taken over by (I believe) Suncorp, which also owns AAMI. 6 weeks ago my wife binned her M3 and now the claims process has become way more difficult with pressure coming to bear on using their preferred repairer (which is probably OK if you own a Commodore). It appears that Shannons are becoming AAMIesq in the way they now handle things.

Last edited by emack; 03-14-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #47
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by emack View Post
Been with Shannons for years and currently have the wife's M3 and my 1M with them.

In the past they have always been absolutely brilliant to deal with, including the claims process which lets face it is why we have insurance.

Until..........they were recently taken over by (I believe) Suncorp, which also owns AAMI. 6 weeks ago my wife binned her M3 and now the claims process has become way more difficult with pressure coming to bear on using their preferred repairer (which is probably OK if you own a Commodore). It appears that Shannons are becoming AMMIesq in the way they now handle things.
WHOA shit it thats true i'll have to rethink my renewal next month. I'll have to look around now
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #48
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by emack View Post
Until..........they were recently taken over by (I believe) Suncorp, which also owns AAMI. 6 weeks ago my wife binned her M3 and now the claims process has become way more difficult with pressure coming to bear on using their preferred repairer (which is probably OK if you own a Commodore). It appears that Shannons are becoming AMMIesq in the way they now handle things.
Hmmm, I don't think it's their fault for wanting to repair it now. New write off laws by the nsw govt means it can no longer be sent as a rep write off to an auction, so they cannot recoup as much back... hence its cheaper for them to just repair. I think it's a pretty silly law.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #49
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Hmmm, I don't think it's their fault for wanting to repair it now. New write off laws by the nsw govt means it can no longer be sent as a rep write off to an auction, so they cannot recoup as much back... hence its cheaper for them to just repair. I think it's a pretty silly law.
I think he is more referring to Shannons wanting to use their repairer rather than giving him / his wife the choice.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #50
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
I think he is more referring to Shannons wanting to use their repairer rather than giving him / his wife the choice.
Ah yes, missed that point. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #51
emack
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4F82,Akra/Eventuri/Stage2Tune

Exactly...........thanks dec540
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #52
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emack

Until..........they were recently taken over by (I believe) Suncorp, which also owns AAMI. 6 weeks ago my wife binned her M3 and now the claims process has become way more difficult with pressure coming to bear on using their preferred repairer (which is probably OK if you own a Commodore). It appears that Shannons are becoming AAMIesq in the way they now handle things.
Damn. I've been recommended allianz and Shannon's from my panel shop, no others. This was 12months ago approx.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #53
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Dude you may want to tone down that last post before the mods see it (someone will dob on you if they haven't already). there are quite a few peeps here who dont have a sense of humour
      03-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #54
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Cunt.

Oh noes!

The Force is strong with this one.

But seriously, it might seem a lot funnier to some and less so to the father of the 19 year old girl. Probably one of those things that seems hilarious up until you have a daughter of your own.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #55
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post

But seriously, it might seem a lot funnier to some and less so to the father of the 19 year old girl. Probably one of those things that seems hilarious up until you have a daughter of your own.
+1, im 23 and I don't find the joke funny at all. Its very disrespectful to make jokes out of a member from someone else's family. Lets end the issue and move on back to the topic....

Rey have you tried AAMI? atleast you get to speak to a real person. I used to be with RAC and they were cheap, however probably different story when you're carrying all those mods. You know I had a car written off from my family and RAC paid within the week, no if or buts absolutely straight forward.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #56
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Quote:
Cunt.

Oh noes!

Spot on Kenny.
If I had a daughter and someone had posted that about her when I was assisting the OP, I'd be hunting the twat down.

Regardless, as Honny said, time to move on. I still think an apology is warranted considering how much Peter does for the community here.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #57
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny View Post
+1, im 23 and I don't find the joke funny at all. Its very disrespectful to make jokes out of a member from someone else's family. Lets end the issue and move on back to the topic....

Rey have you tried AAMI? atleast you get to speak to a real person. I used to be with RAC and they were cheap, however probably different story when you're carrying all those mods. You know I had a car written off from my family and RAC paid within the week, no if or buts absolutely straight forward.
I haven't yet i've asked my family insurance broker to try shannon for me.

Right now Allianz won't insure me due to mods.

The Buzz and Just Car is alright though, I will try AAMI.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #58
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've just cracked the 4th decade.

Shannon's have been insuring my cars for years, the mod list on my GTR ran well over 1 page on Shannon's policy. I'm sure they will insure you unless there is something you haven't disclosed to us about your driving record etc?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #59
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post

Shannon's have been insuring my cars for years, the mod list on my GTR ran well over 1 page on Shannon's policy. I'm sure they will insure you unless there is something you haven't disclosed to us about your driving record etc?
Nah my driving record is pretty good

rating 1, only been in 2 accident the last 5 years (one of them wasn't my fault and they are both minor).

Had maybe 1-2 speeding fine at the most in the decade i have had my license.

I am trying to get in touch with KJD's mate that works at shannon but haven't had luck in getting him on the phone
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #60
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

So they got back to me (this morning) after I send an email to them complaining about their poor service.

I need to give them my BMW Club membership number and they will see what they can do.

So I guess will see..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #61
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

stay or go

I had cause to speak to shannons on Friday as i have six vehicles with them.
One of my question was about using my own repairer, i said that i would pull all my business if i could not use my own repairer if the need arose.
I was told that the Shannon policy had not changed BUT there had been a rumor getting around about this very thing, i was told that i could use my preferred repairer no questions asked. He told me that there had been so many claims with the floods etc that there had been a mix up with the assessing system but it has been fixed.
Needless to say i will be staying with Shannons
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #62
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post

WOW you age well i thought you were around 30 whats your secret
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #63
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
WOW you age well i thought you were around 30 whats your secret
Technically "4th Decade" would put him in his 30's... and "Just cracked" means only just so I'd say you were right on the money mate
      03-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #64
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

So I am now officially with Shannon - a little bit dearer then the others but I feel a lot better that they covered all my mods on my vehicle
Appreciate 0